HU~ Are humans the weakest race?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
lol... as a matter of fact... i still feel that humans are one of the strongest race and has been stronger with every update... except for 1.06 which is right now... pretty much balanced...
I don't know..... Being a NE player I've kicked Human butt and all so far. Through all patches.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
They can own NE if they're not careful. Knights and Gryphs do better than Dryads/Hunts/Chims/Bears, but then again if you didn't tech you wouldn't be using them anyway.

FallenFootman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.warcraftmaps.com
Humans win if they are used properly. Many human players get an archmage and mass priests and sorceresses. Others rush with footmen. But I think humans depend upon mercenaries more than other races.

FallenFootman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.warcraftmaps.com
well what do you mean by major victory? Arthas killed the king in the name of the undead. Actually in the human story mode, the undead were winning and the humans that you played were just going with the flow. For example, the destruction of Stratholme and all the minor villages with the plauge while all the undead lost was a dreadlord. Then as undead you continued to spread the plauge while scaring the humans and destroying Quel'Thalas and virtually the elven race, and then destroying Dalaran in one blow all while killing major characters like Uther and the lead mage guy which were big heroes in Warcraft 2

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I think any Human player that goes mass sorcs or priests needs to be smacked. The best way to win with the humans is to mix all units, or what i do is go with Footies, while I rush to nights and grifs while stopping for 4 or 5 priests and sorcs for backup. And finally getting all 3 Heros,

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Win with Humans? I suggest you get some facts right, Chibi. :D

Any Human that does win is rare, since (I hate to say this) but 3/3 Knights, Gryphs and Master Priests with Inner Fire on Gryphs is deadlier than MutaLing for Undead in final stages, but you'd need High Upkeep to do that.

Still, letting a Human player do that is like letting an Undead player take all the creeps and wait for Infernal, D&D and after much killing Raise Dead. Don't do it!

homestar333

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Undead rules all no matter what you say about humans undead is the best every time i was with NE i won

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I get this? Why do you people bash on Human players? Just becuase you can't play them good, or beat a newbie doesn't mean they are not a good race. They're a good starting Race, but you can't pass them off for a newbie race, it takes way more skill to manage some of the human tactics then to control a few Ghouls and Gargs.

Have you guys ever heard of that Shield upgrade for the footies? Take that an shove it into a NE battle, and as long as you got some skill in Micro, hell you don't even need micro with that skill upgraded. It cuts what, 25, 30 percent of any ranged attack on the Footmen? That's alot considering that ranged only do full damage to light/heavy(whichever) armor (damnit, where's my fuking manuel when I need it!).

True, Ghouls will slaughter Footies at late game with GF, that's were knights come in. Every battle I had with the UD, I had 5-6 Knights(without speed teching, and no the UD players weren't slow) by the time they GF, so that got turned around. Now true, Gryphs suck compared to Gargs, but then with Inner Fire, they stand a chance.

The Humans are a great race, I will never understand why you feel the need to pick a bone with them. I'm not a NE player, but you don't see me insulting you/them for it. My argument may not seem like a good one agienst yours, but until the day I find a game that's better then WC3(which I'm going to soon), I'll fight for the Human race, and the players that use them to win their battles.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I don't say Human is really crap, just that they take AGES to get far. You wouldn't want a Human Player to rush you with Knights, Gryphs, Priests and Sorc/Siege style splash, since it's deadly at the final stages.

They do make a good race to start off with. Though I gave up them and tried Orcs, BAD, until I discovered the secrets of NE weren't pure combat.

P

pie1

No They arnt the weakest theyre maybe one of the best knights and gyfs are awsome and sorceres are good!

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
The most deadly combination ive found is a pally with lvl 3 devotion aura, knights, 5 or so master priest that cast inner fire on the knights, a AM with blizzard and water elemental, 3/3 upgrade on the knights, and a scroll of protection....Thats 20+ armor on every single one of the knights....DEADLY! Thats against ground of course, i change my strategy vs air.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I say again, all the races are about equal, therefore Humans do not suck (even if I've turned from them as of late).

Defend cuts down damage from Piercing attacks TO 30%, by the way. Very good stuff for creeping, making Footmen among the game's best creeping units. Maybe 3rd, after Ghouls and Fiends.

Human is a nice starting race, which is probably why a lotta rookies start off with them. Watch out, those rookies aren't gonna stay rookies forever... (Doesn't ANYONE remember that they were once rookies too?!??!)

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Humans have the potential to be the best, if you know how to use them and have enough micro.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I think I know why people bash Humans, Chibi. They get frustrated getting a great strat. Think. It does take quite some time to get Knights/Gryphs/Priests out, while NE can be into 2/1 with Marksmenship and Improved Bows and Dryads which have basically one research, and add in Trueshot and you're on a roll.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
is this thread incredibly old or are all of u not playing bnet or doing something that involves booze and weed. i have always used NE during Roc but in expansion Humans are a new race. i have held my own all of the situations listed (yes i beat gargs with my hawks and griffs, and i realize that they suk ass in the begining) but as a true zealous human supporter that "saw the light" in their potential i am open for duels of any kind. even if i have to duel Rage (the guy that made me respect undead) an x42bn6(teacher of being a bitch with Ne) so be it.

bring it on. im on fridays and saturdays.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I'm startin' to love the mix of Riflemen and footies... Riflemen pwn Huntress in TFT... throw some footies in there to block traffic and start the gun firin'... it is quite the display.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the human are the strongest man woke up.