HU~ Are humans the weakest race?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
As for 3v3 Human vs Undead, Humans will actually have the edge here, I think, 'cos they really mash things up in the end. Knights are insane, Gryphs are insane, and that makes any opponent insane, 'cos it's massively hard to counter that. At 3v3 with Inner Fire it just gets worse.

Jinlim

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Although im very pro-human when it comes to race preference in wc3, i really think that it is up to the player. Blizzard game testers have admitted that the terran race in sc and human race in wc3 have a slight edge. However, it's really a matter of who is able to micro-manage. In addition to the micromanagement, i strongly feel that the human's low cost of every unit really becomes a factor in the later game since you actually need expansions to get a resource edge over your opponents which also means you will have more flexibility in building the tier 3 units in the late game. It all comes down to who's able to move their peons, wisps, peasents, undead resource collecting units faster. dats my two cents lol

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
As for 3v3 Human vs Undead, Humans will actually have the edge here, I think, 'cos they really mash things up in the end. Knights are insane, Gryphs are insane, and that makes any opponent insane, 'cos it's massively hard to counter that. At 3v3 with Inner Fire it just gets worse.

I would love to see a game where someone had a bunch of knights and a bunch of Gryphs, I've tried it before and it's near impossible... not to mention there are spells like... slow... cripple... polymorph, and we've got Talon in crow form, you've got hippos... gryphs are good, but they can be taken down... aerial shackles are great against them.. how about fiends with web... or raiders with the nets...

Knights, they're strong.. but so are aboms... aboms, necros and fiends would do a nice job on your gryphs and knights. If you don't raise dead, you cripple the shit out of the knights... of course you target the gryphs with your aboms after your fiends (With piercing) have dropped them to the ground.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Silynt Rage
I would love to see a game where someone had a bunch of knights and a bunch of Gryphs, I've tried it before and it's near impossible... not to mention there are spells like... slow... cripple... polymorph, and we've got Talon in crow form, you've got hippos... gryphs are good, but they can be taken down... aerial shackles are great against them.. how about fiends with web... or raiders with the nets...

Knights, they're strong.. but so are aboms... aboms, necros and fiends would do a nice job on your gryphs and knights. If you don't raise dead, you cripple the shit out of the knights... of course you target the gryphs with your aboms after your fiends (With piercing) have dropped them to the ground.
Really, you could replace necros with banshee, to get rid of slow poly etc. then u can possess the knights and webed gryphons you are talking about.

Truely, humans and undead are the two best races it seems in warcraft 3. I have come to peace with humans, and have decided to get better with them. that way i can say i dont suck with all the races.

Jinlim

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, like I said, you guys are just pointing out the effective counters to all of the human units. You just have to see in a game whether humans are that easily countered. However i guarantee all you human doubters that there is no way you can come out with sorceresses and...hippos???? how can u be nite elf and human at the same time lol. if youve got poly, and youve got slow only, it mite work but then again why would u attack a bunch of ground casters when your mission is to destroy the bsae of your opponent. I ermember this one time this guy had mass casters for human and i just avoided him completely and never faced him directly. People, if you have air, please use their maximum mobility. They are fast and they are effective and hit and run. I truly do not think your opponent will let you crush his buildings when hes in the process of destroying yours simply because of the fact that he can't ignore such a huge gryph force of 12 like yours. Destroying your units his priority, destroying his base is yours. Nebody have a better suggestion, plz tell me cuz i need human strats too lol. and if u wanna 1on1 then pm me! lol

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
Humans are a great race.Their siege is good,their casters are second to none,their knights got a lot better in tft,their hawks can tear up a squad of frosties easy,and their are pretty good as well.Of course,tauren and abominations have more hp,armor and power than knights,but are more expensive,slower building,and slowe moving.Hippos are faster than hawks,but can they paralyze the opposing air?Chims and frosties take our buildings fast,but are so incredibly expensive and weak against air,it is very hard to use them effectively.Necros can summon massive necromancers,but humans can kill 10 of them with the click of a button.The necros can cripple your people,but polymorph does it even better.The shamans can make you fast,but the priests can keep you alive and armored.The Humans may be outclassed in sheer power,but can come back well through other means.

Jinlim

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's all about strategy. If you know how to use every spell thats part of the human arsenal....victory should come easy to anyone who actually uses them ^^

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Human and Undead these are the strongets for me.But its not necessary to explain that blizzard have made the game with equal
races:human have weaker footies,undead-weak ghouls,orc-strong grunts but human have strongest-rifles,weaker are archers,spear throwers(??)-orc, and so on and so on...

Sorry but word like 'weaker ' doesnt exist for races.But of course if you dont make good strats you will say:Oh that race sucks.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well basically there is no weakest race cause they all have their advantages and disadvantages. That was vlizzards main concern was to make sure that all the races were basically equal.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
no humans are not the weakest race; just have to use them correctly

humans strength lies in out teching imo. they get a great deal of extra armor when the upgrade that and they also have more upgrades than any other race (pretty sure about this but correct me if i am wrong)

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think knights and the spellcasters is what separates them from the rest. (except UD) Knights with inner fire and animal war training with 2/2 + is damn near unstoppable especially with heal / paladin. That way no ground will ever be able to touch you (theoretically speaking) Plus you have slow, polymorph and dispel. The spellcasters is what makes them one of the best races in the game (second to UD IMO)

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
need to correct an old post; humans dont have the most upgrades each race has like within 1-2 of all of the others

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
against dott spellbreakers are > because they are immune to cyclone and they can actually steal cyclone (you have to manual micro it though)

yeh i usually have 4 spellbreakers in my army; great for focus firing on enemy heros; drains mana quick. but even more so i like to send them in and flamestrike on top; once the flame is going down ill send in my 3-4 knights and the rest of my army

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Yeah spell breakers can surround a hero and you just flamestrike it cause you dont get damage. that is cheap, but meh it is pretty cool also.

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
stormbolt + surround with sb can mean one dead hero really quickly! esp vs. a mage

i noticed something the other day too! seems obvious but its actually hard to pull off! you get sorcs and just have them auto slow.

As you begin to fight they may run hurt units out of battle, but then you cast flamestrike behind where the enemy front lines are and then you charge! they can either run into the flamestrike or stand and get slaughtered becasue they are slow :D happens rather quickly so there isnt really a chance for them to try and get dispel off

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Humans r not the weakist race beacsue of one factor and thats priesteses using invisability and polymorph. They r so cool just turn their whole army into sheeps and completly own them all.