HU~ Are humans the weakest race?

l33t 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Are humans the weakest race?

Originally posted by Silynt Rage
Here's a breakdown of the races, which one is the worst? I mean, the spell casters are irrellivant in a way, they can always be negated (I.E. - dryads, wand of negation, etc.) But powerfull non-the less.

Human - 2 Powerfull siege units (Mortars, tanks), Spell casters (Priests, sorceress)

NE - 2 powerfull air (Chims, Hippos), ranged (Archers, Dryads)units

Orc - 2 powerfull Melee units (Grunt, Tauren), spell casters (Shaman, WD)

Undead - 2 powerfull spell casters (Necros, Banshees), and two powerfull melee (Abominations, Upgraded Ghouls)

I think the humans really get the shaft, I used to think they were really powerfull. I have yet to see a late game where a human uses anything other than, either tanks and mortars or Priests and sorceress'

Knights seem to get crushed, and footmen are rarely upgraded, riflemen are damn expensive. It just seems to me that you can go so many other directions with other races and still win, but with Humans, the only way to win is going with tanks, or sorceress and priests.

Does anyone else think that humans are the weakest race? If you don't think they're the weakest race... then what race do you think is the weakest and why?
to add...
Human- Rifleman (cheap fast good) Footman- Better then Grunt... Lot faster and cheaper for the slight increase in power Gyro great AA
Orc- none to add
NE- Hyppos and archers both suck shit, hyppos are like a slightly better wyvern. Huntress good semi-melee
UD- Frost wyrms, my friend. Gargs great AA

Also whoever said inner firing dryads is an idiot, theyre spell immune friggen shitbrain

l33t 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Erazor
I say rofl to anyone who says human sucks. I'm a fan of mass polymorph :D. Hunts are so cool when they all sheep then oopps here comes the blizzard :D. Ok ayways. Poly is good also is blizzard. NE has a good chance agaisnt human cause of the dryads. Blizzard don't work on them... Sure footmen rip up dryads, but thats why you get some hunts. When I play human i go spk(sorceress,priest,knight). Works great, but get ready for a sore clicker figer. ;)
Also, for your spk add spkr.. riflemen are great backupf ro casters

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well, if you think about it, Humans need Gryphs and Knights to decently stay in the game, when Undead use Ghouls and Gargs: much more efficent.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, it's part of the UD advantage. Their light melee unit is basically a tier 3 melee unit with low HP when Ghoul Frenzy is researched, and it also improves their wood gathering too.

Humans do require later shifting up to heavier units to help stay in the game. Massing casters alone can only do so much.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I've seen too many Knights and Gryphs in my life.

It makes them kinda weak, but researching Animal War Training will really help.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
actually, now that i think about it, sorceress' SUCK. easiest unit countered in the game. especially if your human.

Masta

Member!
Reaction score
I think that the humans are bad when the game starts but gets sightly better as the game continues and when they can get griffens and steam tanks they own

btw also Paladin sux when u start

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The Humans aren't that bad at game start. Footmen are not very bad for the early game. None of their counterparts has the 2 armor and decent HP that they have, and Defend further enhances their ability to creep. And with a few upgrades, they can compete quite well with their counterparts. All this for 2 food and 160 gold, 20 more than a Ghoul. This changes when tier 3 is hit though. That's when Footies get owned by Crack Ghouls and Berserker Grunts, or even Moon Glaive Hunts, I think. But still, they're not bad at the beginning.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
like swooper said b4, humans have the capability to be the best race in the game. i think they and the undead are the best in the game. i like this human combo that works pretty nicely.....

footies+knights+priest+gryph+arch

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The Humans aren't that bad at game start. Footmen are not very bad for the early game. None of their counterparts has the 2 armor and decent HP that they have, and Defend further enhances their ability to creep. And with a few upgrades, they can compete quite well with their counterparts. All this for 2 food and 160 gold, 20 more than a Ghoul. This changes when tier 3 is hit though. That's when Footies get owned by Crack Ghouls and Berserker Grunts, or even Moon Glaive Hunts, I think. But still, they're not bad at the beginning.
Humans also get off really fast, with a great MK hero which stuns, bashes and transforms. It's a nightmare being rushed early bt a Human player.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I have been playing human a lot lately and I regret starting this thread.... I love being humans now, they absolutely own when played right.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
lol... as a matter of fact... i still feel that humans are one of the strongest race and has been stronger with every update... except for 1.06 which is right now... pretty much balanced...

the sorceress are one of the most irritating spellcasters and so is AM's blizzard... combine these 2... it can actually rip an army pretty well...

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Although I am a better UD player, my skills with the Humans are bout even with my skills as an UD. But, saying that, if I were to verse myself, my UD side would most likely beat my Human side by ooo....um...maybe 35% difference give or take.

iamshort

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It dosen't matter to me about which race is better or worse. I just pick random and I always (well, most of the time) win. However, I think that humans do require a really good player. In Fronze Throne, they will probably be better because of all there spell brakers.