HU~ Are humans the weakest race?

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
Are humans the weakest race?

Here's a breakdown of the races, which one is the worst? I mean, the spell casters are irrellivant in a way, they can always be negated (I.E. - dryads, wand of negation, etc.) But powerfull non-the less.

Human - 2 Powerfull siege units (Mortars, tanks), Spell casters (Priests, sorceress)

NE - 2 powerfull air (Chims, Hippos), ranged (Archers, Dryads)units

Orc - 2 powerfull Melee units (Grunt, Tauren), spell casters (Shaman, WD)

Undead - 2 powerfull spell casters (Necros, Banshees), and two powerfull melee (Abominations, Upgraded Ghouls)

I think the humans really get the shaft, I used to think they were really powerfull. I have yet to see a late game where a human uses anything other than, either tanks and mortars or Priests and sorceress'

Knights seem to get crushed, and footmen are rarely upgraded, riflemen are damn expensive. It just seems to me that you can go so many other directions with other races and still win, but with Humans, the only way to win is going with tanks, or sorceress and priests.

Does anyone else think that humans are the weakest race? If you don't think they're the weakest race... then what race do you think is the weakest and why?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
It's hard to say what the weakest race is. All 4 races are equally good, it just depends who is playing them. I used to think undead was the weakest and maybe it is in 1v1, but undead can still be pretty good, especially in 2v2 in a supporting role to an orc or human.

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
I love the humans, and I think they are the best race. They have priests and sorceresses which can dominate late game, along with knights. I don't know why you like the mortars so much, the only advantage they have (or disadvantage) is that they're organic. The knights are great meat shields especially with Inner Fire.

To me, undead have the shaft. They have abosultely no way of beating humans in late game as long as the human doesnt rely on knights to get the job done (banshees.) In late game, I have never lost an FFA with humans. If any of you watched the FFA I submitted, which I'm sure you didn't, you will see how my human defeated an NE army, an Undead army various times, and an Orc army various times.

Like you said, humans require a VERY good player to use them well, and I think I am that player.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Huamns blow, because one of their main power rely on spell casters which is bad because of the damn wand of the fruitcakes. Undead is even worse in that area because the best units it realy has iss spell casters. Abominations are never used alone, and neither are the spell casters. Truely undead realy own in the very begining and middle, and start to dwindle in power due to their expanding difficultys, expensive and weakining units and such. But it is weaknesses like that in which you can imporve. No problem is to easy to solve.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
ok, I'll go with you Pyschotic, it does take a good player to do it, and I know you're that player. I really haven't had the opportunity to play with you though. You want to FFA, and that's just not my thing. If you want to AT, I'd be more than happy to... but FFA's .... thumbs down.

I'm on a losing streak... Gah!

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to AT with you too rage.

Pan, WoN just doesnt do the job. Its range is too small, and 400 mana per a spell caster is a lot to dispel. If you do manage to run spellcasters out of mana by dispelling effects, you would need a lot of wands.

blueknive

Member!
Reaction score
the humans obvioulsy relie heavly on their spellcasters but i mean comeon.................. they can take damge like hell with inner fired knights and then use sorcers to munch the enemies to shit with slow and polymorph. and u have priests dispel which owns against skeles and other things. also MK is awwwwesome at hero killing. i played AR game and my allie left so it was 2 on 3 and my hero died once while i killed there herosssss like 8 times each with stormbolt. they run away.........bam!!!!! they stunned or killed. even though footies arent too good in beginning they are good at destroying there armies in beginning but not at bases. but besides that they are a good foce. i played a couple of 4 on 4 games on the crucible and my teamed owned with me having gyphons. i just walled in at the entrance at my base(the real entrace of crucible, that goes halfway into the middle.) i sent a peasent in the beginning of the game and built my farms walling in myself. once it was walled i build like 8 towers and i harrassed the hell out of them with gyrphons :)
my allies went ground and one of my allies even left and we still won becuase of "harrassing gyrphons!!" -thats what i call them.
also u can just use knights later if u need to go ground cuasse gyrpons and knights have same upgrade. it totally kicks when they try to defend their base i and i just move to another enemy from the back part of their base and harass them there!\
anyway i think humans are balanced and thats y people dont like them. they dont do alot of damage and they dont have tiny hp and armor.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
U sure you want to AT with me Psychotic? lots of people say that I'm not good to play with because I always get pissed off when I play. My answer to that is, if you don't have a passion for winning... why am I playing with you in the first place?

It's your choice. I don't know if you read it or not, but my computer kind of fried itself yesterday morning, so I'm in the midst of reparing it, when I get it fixed, I'll be back on B.net, but I need to find the materials to do such a task.
Later...

~RaGe~

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I can hold my own. Obviously if I get attacked, I need just as much help as if you got attacked at your base. I mean, it's a team game. Right now my computer is still on it's death bed... I've brought it out of it's coma and I'm slowly getting it back up to par. I should be back to gaming standards by tommorrow night.

GreenClover

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
blueknive, gryphons and knight have same weapon upgrade, but not armor. As for psychotic, if you're so "good" at playing human, you failed to mention gryphons? Knights/Gryphs/Priests with inner = unbeatable. Bring on the possesion undead, gryphs kill their own knights. Necros, let dispel work it's wonders. Huntresses, oops? can I say raped. Dryads, woop you get rid of inner fire, my knights still have 8 armor and you do shit for damage. Oo lookie Shamans and taurens, I'll run my little MK by your shamans, thunderclap 3 times, OOPS all dead. C'mon sorc/priest, I'll do the same with my mk to you too like the shamans *splat* all dead. Thanks to all races who tried, you're just not good enough.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
That's if you can get an MK that close to use that thunder clap, if you get stuck against a Dreadlord or a KOTG, you could find yourself ensnared, or sleeping, in which case, they know where your hero is, when I play, that's my main target to hit in battle.... the hero.

What about War Stomp by the Tauren Chieftan.... same effect as the thunder clap.... so in which case I still take Tauren over Knights, and I'll take any upgraded ranged unit over any upgraded air unit... it's been said before

Melee owns Ranged
Ranged owns air
Air owns melee

heros are scattered within that.

Green Clover, you and I have been B.Net partners for a while... with all due respect my pal... I think that Psychotic would kick your ass... and mine... he's got a very respectable record and he's got his knight icon. He's been doing it a while... Obviously something is working if he's got his 250, going on 500. I'd like to be a spectator of that game if you two were to play each other.

GreenClover

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Silynt, with my all due respect you've never seen me play 1v1, it's a whole different game for 1v1. It's time to crack down and kick some ass for me when I play 1v1, records don't mean anything to me, it's the attitude of a person. Faluzare is my example, he's may be "the best human player in WC3" but he's the biggest prick ever, try and join channel clan noobless and see how long you can stay in there w/o being banned. Why do you need "level" requirements in order to talk in a freaking channel. And as for you're "countering" what I said, I'm not gonna bother protesting because it's going to end up in a petty fight because we're both stubborn and can find the stupidest ways to get around one anothers tactics.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I'm not trying to start an arguement, I'm just trying to build a valid point, You're right, I've never seen you play 1v1, didn't even know you played 1v1, I'm sure you do play differently, everyone plays differently when they have a different amount of partners.

anyways... where have you been? I haven't seen you on B.net lately...

GreenClover

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
WC3 hasn't been my fancy this month, lost intrest...losing intrest in a lot of things lately. I'll be making an appearance this week a lot on Bnet, I'm working on a little secrect project by myself...hoping it works.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Ok, Coming into this conversation i notice this,

Green Clover hasn't been on very much. True

Humans are the weakest race. False

Silynt rage is not trying to start an arguement. False

No matter how good a human player is, there is still a way to beat him. True

Pricks suck dick. True

Some losers on BNET think they ae all that. True

They are all that. False

I like Humans. False

I'm good as humans. False

I just got 3 teeth ripped out of my mouth today, got my gums ripped open and braces put on, im not in the mood for a fight, thats why i haven't answered Deathmate in the other forum, im just stating some extremely true facts.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Humans... kinda sucky at first, but once you get the hang of it they're kinda good. But it's not enough for them to crush the hell out of the Night Elves, survive a rush of Taurens, Raiders and Grunts nor withstand a barrage of Frost Wyrms and Abominations from the Undead. But overall, the Militia Bells thingy is kinda cool, while it lasts, anyway. Oh yeah, the Heroes suck.