Diablo Clone Hunting Guide

Abyss

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
uh ... the channels are empty ... or is it just me?

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Wtf, have you tryed Dclone-Uswest? i think its backwards, if its the right one 'Dclone-Uswest' tell me i shall edit... i used to do this... Also is there even a bot or anything? Maybe they stopped doign that stuff, who knows..

Abyss

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
tried them ... all empty ...

i think its time for u to remove that section of the guide

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
yeah, let me do that quick, CM i thoguth you said sticky

EDIT: wtf.. i cant edit thos post anymore....

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
maybe u should do it first to see if its accurate or dont post it at all

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
It died... it worked... Dont make accuasations, plz.

lil_clapper

Member!
Reaction score
endless dont listen to them they are all ****ing pricks that wona make people feel bad for trying to help....I thank you and i will use ur guide... :morph

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Thanks for your support.. If you have any questions, just post here...

Extremist

Reaction score
Mirc Program Problems

When it says set ur server u want to join to, to irc.dclone.org i dont understand when i look for it in the list in doesnt exist can anyone help me out?

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
it no longer exist, im sorry i tryed to edit, but it wont allow me to O_O;;

eatbutt

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i think this is a great guid man, but maybe you should copy and paste it to a word document like notepad or something. then if you loose it or something like you cant edit it, you could pm the mods to delete it, and fix it in word then repost it.... iono... good post man lol

SweatyOgre

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
4) Type in the following: netstat - n
5) You will get a list of a whole bunch of numbers; each one is a different IP address.
6) Look for the one that ends in .4000, that's the Diablo one. It will look something like xx.xxx.xxx.xx.400 (the x's are random numbers)
Here is those 4 steps condensed into one:
4) Type in "netstat n- | 4000"

Filters out everything but the d2 IPs.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
i cant edit anything for some reason, its like i cant edit older post, so if you will put that in there and you can add your name at the bottom for contributing to it. :)

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
UnsaNe said:
for the barbarian shouldnt you use berserk? it deals both magic and physical damage which you said you should focus on

Umm when your in the prosess, did you know your defence is like umm, 0 (zero)...
:rolleyes

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
Teh best Diablo Clone killer in the game is a Javazon like the one I posted some time ago in this forum.

You can find teh build in this thread: http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=84945

If you are ladder, you can use an "Infinity" eth Cryptic Axe on your mercenary instead of the eth Reaper's toll. It has conviction aura when equipped, and it lowers the Clone's lightning resist by 85%.

Diablo Clone has 95% lit res: with Conviction from your merc, it becomes 10%. You also have a -45% lit res if you have a perfect gear (-25% from perf faceted Griffons, -15% from Thunderstroke, -5% from a perfect facet in the Stormshield).

So, when you face it, if you have my same gear (I'm rich in ladder, I know), Diablo clone will have -35% lit res.

This means that, with a fully (or nearly fully) synergized Charged strike, you are able to make about 55k + 35% = 74250 effective average damage per hit on teh Clone.

And since Charged strike is an ITD (= ignores target's defense) attack, you can pwn the Uber sUxx0r Diablo in about 10 seconds, or less.

Have fun.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Thanks, BTW long time no see no talk, nice to meet you ( i dont know you, you dont knwo me.. im not joking)

=) its good to do it with a friend too, ive done it with my uber hammer pally and my friends assassin tanked him while i ****ed him over took about 10 minutes, *jeesh*

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
Uhm, it's convenient to make the Clone spawn in more-than-1player games only if you're really interested in making some more experience.

But... since the clone's drop is always 1 Annihilus, it's better to kill him alone.

However, in an 8 players game, a Javazon can kill the clone in less than 1 minute (if she is the only character which attacks him, or less if the other players help her).

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Your Javazon that you made to take on diablo, is one of the best, but with the items, what if someone couldent get a hold of em, say like me, im a poor bastard, so i work with shit, i dont have any friends, im serious, ive never got anyone on east..and so i have VERRRRRY few items, so its hard to get those items, is there a way to work around it, but yet not die, and still kill him??
:doh

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
If you want to go for some "cheap" solution, you should try to kill the clone with a Zealot paladin with 95% (or more) crushing blow, and with a Might merc equipped with the unique Thresher (Reaper's toll).

However, I'll write something about this cheap solution for a paladin. A "fast" build.

Stats: strength to wear items, dexterity to have max block (75%) with holy shield activated, energy base, vitality all the remaining points.

Skills: max Zeal, Sacrifice, Fanaticism, Holy shield. 1 in all pre-reqs, all the rest into Defiance.

Gear is the key. I think it's not so difficult to have.

Main weapon: "Black" runeword [Thul + Io + Nef] on a Scourge.

Main shield: "Sanctuary" runeword [Ko + Ko + Mal] on a Sacred targe, or if you think it's too expensive, "Ancient's pledge" [Ral + Ort + Tal] is good. But the huge resist bonus from Sanctuary is very helpful. If you have it, of course, use the Herald of Zakarum, but it can be expensive to get / difficult to find, so I gave you some alternative options.

Helmet: Guillaume's face. Great and cheap.

Gloves: Laying of hands. Same as above: great and cheap.

Belt: Thundergod's vigor. Simply godly. Or string of ears if you like the dr, and leech. But imho TGV is better.

Boots: Gore rider. Cheap and godly for your needs.

Armor: "Duress" runeword [Shael + Um + Thul] on a Dusk shroud or (if you like it more) Archon Plate with nice base defense. If you think it's too expensive, use Duriel's shell.

Ring 1: Any Ravenfrost = godly.

Ring 2 + Amulet = Angelic set's combo. Tons of AR (useful when you have to give the last hits to the clone) and nice stats.

Secondary weapon (switch): The best weapon would be a Stormlash. But since it's expensive, any Demon limb / Nord's tenderizer / Baranar star will be very good.

Secondary shield (switch): another Sanctuary or Ancient's pledge, depending on how rich you are.

Hireling: might merc (Offensive, hired @ nightmare) with The reaper's toll (better if it's shaeled), Duriel shell, and Blackhorn's face.

Note: if you want to put something in the sockets, use Shael everywhere. It's cheap, and gives more fhr, that is always useful.

With this gear, you have maxed your crushing blow (40% black + 15% gore rider + 35% guillaume + 15% duress = 105%, but the cap is 95%, so you're set).

You need some charms, in hell, to max your resists. Keep in mind that you need only high Fire / Lit res when facing the clone. So try to have, with your charms, 75% fire res and 85% lit res. If you have these resists, you're a god vs the clone, he will make very low damage on you (the annoying skill he uses is Armageddon, that is quite damaging, but his other attacks will be quite useless if you have the resists).

Tactics: at the start of the battle, use your primary switch, and attack repeatedly the clone using Smite + Fanaticism. Smite is an ITD + ITB skill, and this is awesome. Let your merc help you, cuz when he hits the clone, he can cast Decrepify, thus increasing your physical damage A LOT.

When the clone's hit points are very low, and your crushing blow's effect is quite useless, switch to your Weapon 2 / Shield 2. And finish the clone using Zeal + Fanaticism.

EnjoY.

(Note: this build is very similar to the frost zealot build suggested in a post of this thread; but I don't like the frost zealot option cuz holy freeze is totally useless against the clone. The Smite / Fanaticism and then Zeal / Fanaticism combo are a lot better. And I also made some corrections / gave some alternatives to have the right - and cheaper in some cases - gear).

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Wow, ima try that, but i got one problem left, is that i cant find anyone doing dclone stuff anymore, and i dont even have 1 soj my self...