Will they ever fix the imba-ness?

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
I've been playing wc3 off and on since RoC came out, so I dont see what the big deal is with 3 years.

Hellwolf_36 said:
1) IT has a cooldown like every other item, hero can still be killed
2) 4 armor and its dispellable? Not my fault you dont bring anti casters
3) 50/100/150 is fine. Ever seen the previous versions? 100/200/300 was overpowered!
4) Meta has splash and does 100% to all armor types, but his damage stays the same, nothing more.
5) Cyclone is dispellable and only lasts 15-20 seconds, not a problem. Once again, your fault for not bringing anti casters
6) Dispellable and only heals 33.3 HP/second.
7) To melee yes... not when you have piercing and siege, nuff said.
The entire point of this was that other races require much more micro to win, thank you for proving my point. You have to take the time to dispel while the NE has that time to focus units with ranged units and shred you frontlines with bears. The splash damage was what I was refering to.

You dont think -4 armor and a maphack on an auto-cast spell is too much?

NE have the odds stacked in their favor in almost all battles. You either take the time to dispel their auto-cast spell or you try to micro you units without dispeling so you dont end up losing units when you're trying to dispel, which leaves you at even more of a disadvantage.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
IF you want a fine example of abusing, try rushing the fool. If you can stop him from getting the late units, you have done something with your life. But as I said before, its a tough task to pull off, especially if the enemy has the units to stop you. Killing off hunts especially is not an easy task without HH or Demos for me. Once I get raiders and Demos for the rush, I practically kill most of them off.

But yeah, Lizardbreath's only wrong point. NE does require micro because as you and I know.. almost every Ne unit has low HP or has a bad armor type. Look at hunts... weak against piercing and siege even though they have 600 life.
....I believe all races need micro.......

Edit: I never called him an idiot or a dumbass on this thread.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
I would repost the proof but you seem to be incapable of reading.
Dude calm down. If you make arguments and don't provide evidence, we're not going to take you seriously.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
The counter-arguements consist of nothing but "you should get this unit". That is a very small part of the problem. Odds are that one unit isn't going to be all you have to micro. Theres also the problem of getting "that" unit and getting enough of them. Don't just post "Get this unit" and expect me to take that as a serious counter.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
The counter-arguements consist of nothing but "you should get this unit". That is a very small part of the problem. Odds are that one unit isn't going to be all you have to micro. Theres also the problem of getting "that" unit and getting enough of them. Don't just post "Get this unit" and expect me to take that as a serious counter.
Why? What situations are there that would prevent you from getting "that unit" ? A small rush?

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
They get heros that would easily kill that unit making it a less viable counter. They keep harassing your base so you're not able to get enough of that unit to be an effective counter. It varies from game to game.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
They get heros that would easily kill that unit making it a less viable counter.

- Yes if you have no defense @ ur base and don't have a hero yourself to defend against it. I really don't get the imbalance.

They keep harassing your base so you're not able to get enough of that unit to be an effective counter.

-Again with the base defense thing......

It varies from game to game.
Those are very :lame arguments.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
Because towers are always able to stop a harass from putting in big dent in your economy. :rolleyes

That post also had nothing to do with imbalances. You did past your 5th grade english class didn't you?

You could at least put some effort into your counters.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
Because towers are always able to stop a harass from putting in big dent in your economy. :rolleyes

That post also had nothing to do with imbalances. You did past your 5th grade english class didn't you?

You could at least put some effort into your counters.
I'm through arguing with somebody who hasn't even played enough games to know what he's talking about. Post on, I won't be replying to this thread anymore because somebody chooses not to read arguments and make intelligent posts.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
Post on, I won't be replying to this thread anymore because somebody chooses not to read arguments and make intelligent posts.
How ironic.

You obviously are unable to infer what was meant by that post so I'll spell it out. By them harassing you it causes you to have to take that time to defend your base that could be used for teching to get the unit you need to counter them. It has nothing to do with stopping a harass. I cant make it any clearer than that. If your feeble mind is not able to comprehend this then please do stop posting here.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
How ironic.

You obviously are unable to infer what was meant by that post so I'll spell it out. By them harassing you it causes you to have to take that time to defend your base that could be used for teching to get the unit you need to counter them. It has nothing to do with stopping a harass. I cant make it any clearer than that. If your feeble mind is not able to comprehend this then please do stop posting here.
So if somebody harasses you you're not able to tech? LOL. Look @ it this way....neither is he since he is busy harassing you. I can defend and tech @ the same time...OMG I MUST BE SO GOOD!!!!!:nooob

Edit: If they're so imbalanced why don't you play NE and abuse it? .....LOL.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
I played NE for awhile but I kept winning games I thought I should have lost due to some big mistakes.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
I played NE for awhile but I kept winning games I thought I should have lost due to some big mistakes.
-Then your enemies didn't know what they were doing if they didn't capatalize on your big mistakes. Trust me there have been several games which I thought I should have lost...but then I realize my enemy was noob and didn't do what most players should have done.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
Losing all your heros isn't a mistake you should be able to bounce back from at any skill level. NE has arguably the best ranged units as well as the best t3 melee unit. They are also the most flexible of the races. Either the other races need some buffs or the NE need downgrading.

The fact NE can solo with the DH should tell you something.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Ya ****ing right. If you lost to that, you're a bit newb. Just focus fire his ass...not exactly hard. Be sure to micro in the process.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
I didn't feel like microing so I was using attack-move and my heros got stuck between the units and I had forgotten to get a TP. Anyways how I lost them isn't the point.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
....I believe all races need micro.......

Edit: I never called him an idiot or a dumbass on this thread.
I know, he did.

Chaos Marine said:
You dont think -4 armor and a maphack on an auto-cast spell is too much?

NE have the odds stacked in their favor in almost all battles. You either take the time to dispel their auto-cast spell or you try to micro you units without dispeling so you dont end up losing units when you're trying to dispel, which leaves you at even more of a disadvantage.
First off, its still removable. Second, just don't lead the faerie fire unit back to base or they will see what you are doing. If you TP, then its understandable.

It isn't too much if your armor upgrades are level 2 - 3. Level 2 negates it and Level 3 you still have 2 bonus armor to work with. Besides, if you are UD you can turn this "maphack" into "food" and show them what it means to cast faerie fire with orbs to the face. Wasting your time and dispelling all game just proves how slow you are with unit control and/or how scared you are of a little debuffs. You dispel if there are enough units infected with Faerie. Why do you think subgroups were invented? All you do is hit the hotkey or switch to your dispellers, quickly dispel, go back to unit control.. done.

lizardbreath said:
Your arguments are based off of two items, a hero killing prospect which most would disagree with, and bears.
Sometimes, that hero killing prospect has a 50% chance of your enemy leaving your base or battle. Allowing you to pick off free units since they are more on the mind of surviving and escaping then sometimes microing. Bears still can be killed.

Chaos Marine said:
I didn't feel like microing so I was using attack-move and my heros got stuck between the units and I had forgotten to get a TP. Anyways how I lost them isn't the point.
In that scenario, its your own fault and nothing more.

Chaos Marine said:
They get heros that would easily kill that unit making it a less viable counter. They keep harassing your base so you're not able to get enough of that unit to be an effective counter. It varies from game to game.
Which is why you don't let them rush you and you be the first on offense. IF you can't then defend yourself well and counter if you can. If you can't, quickly get the required units and more of the current existing, micro hard and you will either win or go down with some dignity. Yes, I also do know there is more to warcraft then just micro and massing units, there are some other minor aspects you can take into consideration.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
-4 armor is a big deal, even with upgrades, when you are using low HP units like the HUM and UD. Chances are if your orc they are going to have several dotts vs 2-3 walkers which means your units will be spending a good amount of time in the air even with dispelling. You could get seige but this means less of other units to counter bears or MG and it slows your army. NE can also use cyclone to keep a hero or other unit from teleporting with the rest of the army if you use TPs.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
-4 armor is a big deal, even with upgrades, when you are using low HP units like the HUM and UD. Chances are if your orc they are going to have several dotts vs 2-3 walkers which means your units will be spending a good amount of time in the air even with dispelling.
Bull, it has like no cooldown (2 seconds). That's a little shorter than Cyclone, and if you can't keep dispelling it, than you are lagging.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
Because the other units dont need micro while taking extra damage from the magic damage of the dotts. :rolleyes

In order to do as you say you'd need the walkers selected through most of the battle.

Put some effort into your counter-arguement at least :rolleyes