Will they ever fix the imba-ness?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Attack Move is just a way of getting to point A to point B. I think he is talking about Hunts at the start. Hunts are hard to kill, but possible. At tier 2, they really lose thier effectiveness. Especially whne you get siege or air of your own.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
3v3 is hardly going to show imbalances. In 3v3 its whoever masses the most units wins.

I was also talking about bears.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
So not true. 3v3 is not about unit massing, its more about strategy employment thru units and how you RUSH. First off, CCing is for wimps and it wont help. Second, even if my allies aren't gonna harass with me, I still do it. Sometimes, they tech and the enemy is so distracted with me I end up buying htem the time we need. 2on2 and Solo is about strategy employment with the units you have, espeically when many players are soloists.

Bears are not hard either, I have done bearads before and I have faced bears plenty of times. Hell, I onced won a game vs bears and all I had was foot sorcs. Alchemist with the acid really helped in busting up those furry bastards. Managed to get gryphons in time though.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
Then they obviously didn't upgrade and weren't producing many units, or you were massing the hell out of foots and sorcs. In that situation I doubt they were doing any micro with heros or other units.

Killing NE heros also has little impact on their chance to win as well. I've seen games that the NE players heros died 6 or 7 times, while the other players hero died only 2 or 3 times, and still won.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
ITs how they get the untis and employ thier strategies. You can die 10 times and still win, but you would really need to make for it in skill and your heroes would be underleveled to the other units.

That would be an example of how the units won the war, not necessarily the heroes. The only imba I think of NE is the LEvel 6 DH, really hard to kill unless you got level 6 ones yourself.

Well, I was getting gryphons out when I was attacked, I slowed and acid bombed them. They microed but it wasn't much help if you are slowed and taking magic damage with 4 of your armor removed.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
What, a simple staff that teleports the hero to the main as an act of micro. If you are at the guy's base, then you are fine. Staff of teleport can be stopped with roots or a stun before the guy can escape.

Seriously man, stop thinking NE is imbalanced. I can think of counter arguments all day if I have to. No race is imbalanced and as Lizard says - each race has weaknesses and can easily be snuffed. By rushing or teching, you decide the call.

Because in my opinion, noobs say stuff like that (no offense to you). You know how much crap I have gotten about BM being imbalanced? All you need is dust and you can easily snuff him out early on. Hell, I have been NE and there have been times where I have owned BMs just with trees or mana burning.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
No, the staff teleports any unit to the NE base where it can heal. Also its an instant teleport so no you cant stop it.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Not as bad as the Staff of Sanctuary. You gain back 15 hp per second until you are fully healed. So that is nothing.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
Staff of Preservation, I think thats what its called, has a short cooldown time. They also get the staff at teir 2, Staff of Sanctuary isn't until teir 3.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
But it doesnt work on self. You would need staff of teleport for that or a second hero with that. But if you are good at harassing and rushing, you could stop them before they get these things.

The cooldown for it isnt that short. You could probably bust up or kill another unit before he can use it again.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
The cooldown is I think 45 seconds. Thats pretty short for what it does.

There are still TPs to use if the hero get low on health. You're also not going ot stop a NE from getting the staff. I dont see a rush/harass at the beginning of teir 2 doing so well against a NE base.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
If you are good at harassing and rushing, that scenario can easily be met. In team games, split rushing can do wonders to help you achieve this. That depends on how well the enemy reacts. If he isn't good at it, you won. But you will need to double the efforts if you want attack the tough ones.

Besides, mostly soloists and strong RT players get staves.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
Are team games all you play?

I'm not saying that the NE are grossly OP, its just a bunch of little things that add up.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I am taking both team and solo games into play. I played Solo more than I did back last season. In solo, you really need to work your muscle and micro and skill to the fullest extent. If the enemy has a weakness, you exploit it before you get exploited. AS you said, its just a bunch of the minor things that add up.

Stuff like AoA and how you tp and stuff can change the favor of battle easily.

I play team games up to 3on3. 2on2 is my challenge and I will go back to Solo/FFA when I fix my record up for the dummy losses. I also AT with Fr0zenthorn vs many soloist players. So I get my practice from them.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
Please point out where I said otherwise.

I'm bitching about the huge gaps in micro required to win. NE can pretty much attack-move and win.

Nice job insulting me because of something I never said though.
If you mean attack/move to win then you obviously suck vs ne. It's pretty easy. If your humans go MK with Clamp/bolt and rifles/mortars/priests and you should be alright. Either that or go paladin. If your orc vs NE go Far seer with Grunts/HH combo in the beggining and then later get demos/shams/docs/TC. If you're UD get the Lich bitch and ghouls and it's once again gg ne. All races require micro to win, if you had any sort of skill you would realize that.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
Once again my arguement withstands the onslaught against the straw man beside it.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
Once again my arguement withstands the onslaught against the straw man beside it.

ummmmm...no it doesn't. You don't know how to micro, that's all your complaining about.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
Ad hominems seem to be your speciality. To bad it does nothing towards disproving my statement.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yet ironically, what he is saying is correct. But he shouldn't insult you by saying you have no skill. However, I cannot let you two antagonize each other to a point where an argument will break out.