Will they ever fix the imba-ness?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
-4 armor is a big deal, even with upgrades, when you are using low HP units like the HUM and UD. Chances are if your orc they are going to have several dotts vs 2-3 walkers which means your units will be spending a good amount of time in the air even with dispelling.
You forget that Spirit Walkers have Resistant Skin to reduce the length.

Look pal, all your statements are based off t3 (late game) warfare. Tell me right now how you play against NE, like what do you do with your best race the moment you get your hero of choice.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Since when don't units not need micro? Because you don't micro it makes NE imba? It's not so hard to press 1/2 tab tab.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Every unit/hero and race requires micro to survive, apparently he is kinda pissed that he cannot get the real threats in the back because bears are in his way and the effects of faerie fire on his units.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
So where exactly do you people draw the line between very difficult to deal with and imbalance?

You people are talking about doing micro the typical players cant do. You really think you'd be able ot pull off that micro without making any mistakes?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
Tell me right now how you play against NE, like what do you do with your best race the moment you get your hero of choice.
Answer this question first.

Chaos Marine said:
You really think you'd be able ot pull off that micro without making any mistakes?
Every player will take any risks to try to win. Micro doesn't win you 100% of the wars. If they fail, they gave it thier shot and will improve on it for next game.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
Creep AM with malita to lvl 2. Then go for the elf base, target archers and try to kill wisps. Come back with naga and breakers to harass again while building mortars. Come back again with a few breakers, casters, and 2-3 mortars and try to tower. Or expand and tech to tier 3 then go caster, knights, gryphon with mortars.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
Creep AM with malita to lvl 2.

-Won't matter according to your logic the NE heroes are Imbalanced and can solo everything!

Then go for the elf base, target archers and try to kill wisps.

If the NE guy goes KOTG he will entangle/focus fire you and you will either retreat or be killed. If he has Warden then he will SS you and focus and still either make you retreat or have your hero killed. DH=Mana burn> AM. The only one that would have trouble is the priestes....But this doesn't include if the priestess is using the moonwells or not.

Come back with naga and breakers to harass again while building mortars.

-That's an okay strat but against NE I would do an earlier harass with rifles/foots/Pally(lvl2) and do what I hope would be a fair job of a rush. If I lost I would be still teching (Cuz you can tech while defending,rushing, harassing....All you do is make a building a hotkey).

Come back again with a few breakers, casters, and 2-3 mortars and try to tower.

-Tower rushing is REALLY hard to pull off. I would most likely do an assault with rifles/mortors/priests/sorc with a Pally and MK FTW. If you let NE get into tier 3 and get a good army that is when you're in a lot of trouble. They are weak around tier 2 stage and @ the beggining of the game.

Or expand and tech to tier 3 then go caster, knights, gryphon with mortars.

Why on earth would you go gryphs against NE which is the most notorious AA race?

IMO opinion one of the best defenses I have against NE is stopping them from expanding. The NE have a real hard time with expand base defenses and the tree takes a while to build. Also take into consideration when they hit teir 3 they will need lots of minerals to pump out their army.
So ummmm yeah.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
I never said anything to the effect that NE could solo everything.

Knights + inner fire + gryphons = dead bears
I just have to keep the gryphons back so hippos dont kill them. They probably wouldn't be expecting gryphons and would have to get hippos fast to counter them.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
I never said anything to the effect that NE could solo everything.

"The fact NE can solo with the DH should tell you something."

Knights + inner fire + gryphons = dead bears

-Isn't inner fire auto-cast? OMG IMBALANCE according to your logic earlier in this thread. You do know it takes about 2 secs to cast a dispel right? All you do is hit the hotkey that your priests are on and dispel ur whole army and then then theirs. I fale to see an imbalance.
I just have to keep the gryphons back so hippos dont kill them. They probably wouldn't be expecting gryphons and would have to get hippos fast to counter them.

-As if the NE player is going to get all melee and no AA besides hipps? Are you kidding me? NE has Dryads/Archers/Dotts/Hipps.......
so yeah again...

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
So DH=Everything?

Never did I say auto-cast was imba.

Mortars>Archers/dryads/dotts.

You're being an idiot now.

kkthxbye

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
So DH=Everything?

Never did I say auto-cast was imba.

You're fairie fire argument aboved stated that auto-cast is imbalanced because you will spend most of the battle dispelling instead of fighting. It takes 2 seconds to dispel.

Mortars>Archers/dryads/dotts.

Moving forward and away from attack>morts.

You're being an idiot now.

I really hope you get banned for saying stuff like this.

kkthxbye

blah blah blah.....ur ignorance will be your own undoing.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
I said -4 armor and a maphack on a auto-cast was imba.

If units are moving then they aren't attacking thus making them useless.

You're countering your own arguments now.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
I said -4 armor and a maphack on a auto-cast was imba.

-All of which are changed by a simple dispel....

If units are moving then they aren't attacking thus making them useless.

2 sec moves doesn't make them useless.

I'm opening myself up to very easy counters now.

-Couldn't have said it better myself^^
just had to type something

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
2 second move will take damage from the splash damage of the mortars. While moving them the knights and gryphons are raping the bears. So basically if the NE did as you said they'd lose the battle.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
2 second move will take damage from the splash damage of the mortars. While moving them the knights and gryphons are raping the bears. So basically if the NE did as you said they'd lose the battle.
So I guess NE aren't imbalanced after all. Thanks dude you just GG'ed yourself. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
No, they are. But they'd be making incredibly stupid micro choices in that situation.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
No, they are. But they'd be making incredibly stupid micro choices in that situation.
This also depends on the amount of mortars and if they had the splash upgraded and if these units weren't close to battle. Also....almost all NE players get DOTT or Hipps for AA. Your gryphs would be PWNED real quickly.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
The knights, casters, and mortars would still be able to kill bears, gryphons just make it go faster. The only real problem with this strat is if they get chims, then its GG.

Wow, all those units to counter 2-3 different units.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
The knights, casters, and mortars would still be able to kill bears, gryphons just make it go faster. The only real problem with this strat is if they get chims, then its GG.

Wow, all those units to counter 2-3 different units.
I was stating all you need is a couple of each....BTW they don't just attack air..

Dude you think whatever you want. Just know that you obviously have no clue what you are talking about and most likely haven't played more than 50 games of warcraft in your lifetime to think that NE are imbalanced because of autocasting/bears/hero harassing (Which you posted defenses to yourself which contradicts your own argument).

You're wrong. Get over it. Move on.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
So when 5 units are needed to counter 2 units it isn't an imba? Hell they throw in another unit and those 5 units get countered.