Will they ever fix the imba-ness?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
Correct or not it has nothing to do with what I posted.
You said NE are imbalanced because all they have to do is attack and they will win. I said you were wrong and gave a detailed explanation why. If you can't figure it out then that's your problem. Don't whine about something if you don't expect criticism. Warcraft is all about micro and using the advantages of every race to it's fullest. You somehow have failed to regard the fact that a game might actually require a little bit of thinking and skill to play.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Also, I don't like how 20 posts later you discussed how NE is not imbalanced but you said the minor things add up. Chaos, either you make your mind or explain the situation fully, or me and Lizard will continue posting obvious answers to your vague responses.

I am starting to think your responses are excuses, and that is gonna mek you look like a noob later on (no offense).

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Skill > imbalances. Isn't that proven by now or what? =/

Theres top players for every race who can deal with NE. So if you lower the skill of each player for each race, it still evens out with the more micro/advanced person beating the mass bear/dryad NE attack mover.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Venice_native said:
IMBA IMBA IMBA!

I was expecting this to be about Orcs.

Remember when the far seer was imbalanced???? OMG.....that was the worst.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Also, I don't like how 20 posts later you discussed how NE is not imbalanced but you said the minor things add up. Chaos, either you make your mind or explain the situation fully, or me and Lizard will continue posting obvious answers to your vague responses.
No, I said they are not grossly overpowered, still imba though, it is just a bunch of little things that add up. You need to learn how to read it seems.

Darkmatter said:
Skill > imbalances. Isn't that proven by now or what? =/
Yet again, I would like to see where I said otherwise.

I'm still waiting for LB to point out where I posted what he thought I did.

lizardbreath said:
You said NE are imbalanced because all they have to do is attack and they will win. I said you were wrong and gave a detailed explanation why.
No, you gave a list of unit choices. That has nothing to do with skill or micro.

Yes, I know if you are skilled with a race you can beat NE. It is the skill required to beat NE with other races versus the skill required by NE to beat the other races that I'm bitching about.

I dont see how this is so hard to understand. You people should actually read what I post instead of reading what you think will give you a chance to flame me and give irelevent info.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
No, you gave a list of unit choices. That has nothing to do with skill or micro.

Yes, I know if you are skilled with a race you can beat NE. It is the skill required to beat NE with other races versus the skill required by NE to beat the other races that I'm bitching about.

I dont see how this is so hard to understand. You people should actually read what I post instead of reading what you think will give you a chance to flame me and give irelevent info.
Apparently you have an opinion that applies only to yourself. Your opinion of NE is wrong and hereby irrelevant for the following reasons.

1) You fail to point out these "Several things" that add up that make NE overpowered.
2) You don't even take into regard that certain races are better earlier on than later in the game.
3) You don't take into regard micro.

Edit: It wasn't just a list of units noob. It was different strategies to use against NE.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
Apparently you have an opinion that applies only to yourself.
My opinion matches that of several people in the wc3 community.

1) You fail to point out these "Several things" that add up that make NE overpowered.
Try reading plz.
2) You don't even take into regard that certain races are better earlier on than later in the game.
Again, try reading my posts.
3) You don't take into regard micro.
Thats what the entire ****ing point of this thread is dumbass.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
My opinion matches that of several people in the wc3 community.

Try reading plz.
Again, try reading my posts.
Thats what the entire ****ing point of this thread is dumbass.
Look bro your entire argument is that NE>ALL and that they require little micro to win. First off I disagree with you because again the game takes into regard the factor of microing on both sides. You have given no evidence that NE can just mass units and throw them at an enemy and win effectively every time. I Guarantee you that if you had pitted a NE player with a little micro vs. a good human/UD/Orc player with good micro that the NE would lose.

Edit: Just because a race can get two items that have easy counters is not an imbalance. kkthxbye.

BTW: I can read and all I see is a noob...... you.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
Yet again you say I said something that I didn't. I said that the NE requires less micro to win versus the other races, not that they dont have to micro.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
Yet again you say I said something that I didn't. I said that the NE requires less micro to win versus the other races, not that they dont have to micro.
-You provide no proof so your argument is irrelevant.

Chaos Marine said:

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
Its been a long time since there has been any balance changes. Think they'll ever fix the imbalances?

IE:
Destro>Hum
NE>All

Destro either needs HP reduced or damage reduced. They should just get rid of the damn NE.

I guess blizzard expects us to all be like angry_korea_man and come up with some crazy shit to make up for the imbalances.

The HU,ORC, and UD has to be more skilled than the NE.
The HU has to be more skilled than the UD late game.
The UD has to be far more skilled than the ORC.
The UD has to be more skilled than the HU early-mid game.

You call this balanced?

I was also talking about bears.

Then they obviously didn't upgrade and weren't producing many units, or you were massing the hell out of foots and sorcs. In that situation I doubt they were doing any micro with heros or other units.

Killing NE heros also has little impact on their chance to win as well. I've seen games that the NE players heros died 6 or 7 times, while the other players hero died only 2 or 3 times, and still won.

Thats the only imba you can think of? How about the staff?

No, the staff teleports any unit to the NE base where it can heal. Also its an instant teleport so no you cant stop it.

Staff of Preservation, I think thats what its called, has a short cooldown time. They also get the staff at teir 2, Staff of Sanctuary isn't until teir 3.

The cooldown is I think 45 seconds. Thats pretty short for what it does.

There are still TPs to use if the hero get low on health. You're also not going ot stop a NE from getting the staff. I dont see a rush/harass at the beginning of teir 2 doing so well against a NE base.
Your arguments are based off of two items, a hero killing prospect which most would disagree with, and bears. Care to show me your evidence?

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
The evidence lies within the games, you should try playing or watching a few replays.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
The evidence lies within the games, you should try playing or watching a few replays.

OMG DUDE YOU ARE RIGHT I DONT KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING NE IS IMBALANCED BECAUSE NE>ALL AND THEY HAVE BEARS WHICH ARE BIG AND UGLY!!!!! ALSO IF THEY KILLZ MY HEROES LIKE 8 TIMES AND I LOSE MINE ONCE THEY ARE GOING TO WINZ BECAUSE I HAVE NO MICROS WHATSOEVERSZ AND THAT IS WHY I LOSTSZ IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
I know making intelligent posts is difficult for you but you could at least try.

A list of what I feel is imbalanced would be:
The Staff of Preservation is too cheap
Farie fire lasts too long and takes away too much armor
Mana burn does too much, I suggest 25/75/125
Meta does too much damage
Cyclone lasts too long
Rejuv heals units too fast
Dryads are too cheap

lizardbreath said:
Edit: Just because a race can get two items that have easy counters is not an imbalance. kkthxbye.
Idiot, there is no counter to an instant teleport. You just proved how little you know about this game so I wont be taking your opinion on whats balanced and what isn't.

I doubt you people have ever played against a good NE anyways, seeing as how most of you play with each other or play team games.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Do I honestly have to keep disecting your quotes because you think we are all illiterate and stupid?

lizardbreath said:
OMG DUDE YOU ARE RIGHT I DONT KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING NE IS IMBALANCED BECAUSE NE>ALL AND THEY HAVE BEARS WHICH ARE BIG AND UGLY!!!!! ALSO IF THEY KILLZ MY HEROES LIKE 8 TIMES AND I LOSE MINE ONCE THEY ARE GOING TO WINZ BECAUSE I HAVE NO MICROS WHATSOEVERSZ AND THAT IS WHY I LOSTSZ IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!
He summed up some of your points in 1 post filled with capital letters. I wouldn't blame him since you called him a dumbass and also an idiot later.

Chaos Marine said:
No, I said they are not grossly overpowered, still imba though, it is just a bunch of little things that add up. You need to learn how to read it seems.
First off, I got the idea about 10 of your posts ago!

Second, you keep making up the excuses of the little things over the fact NE is overpowered and imbalanced and ignoring what lizardbreath is saying. Either keep badgering and flaming to us, or put in that Warcraft III CD and figure something out.

Also, you have been warned for calling Lizardbreath a dumbass and an idiot we has tried calmly to explain his side of the story. Stop thinking we are stupid just because you have quotes and points all over the place. Or the fact we play team games. Mystic Sorcerer did and now he is considered the biggest wc3 asshole on Battleforums of all time.

I will tell you something. I have played THIS game for 3 years+ and I have played against NE soloists and teams before, they are difficult but not imbalanced or overpowered. Sure they require less micro, but ever take into consideration that they have hunts in front of thier range OR other players back them up. Almost all ne units are ranged except for 2.

Chaos Marine said:
He has probably played the game for a while now. If he didn't, he wouldn't have posted here or I wouldn't have agreed with some of his topics.

Chaos Marine said:
Idiot, there is no counter to an instant teleport.

I doubt you people have ever played against a good NE anyways, seeing as how most of you play with each other or play team games.
IF you are going to continue acting like this, then don't post. First off, this statement is making Battleforum players look stupid. Second, many of us have beaten and played NE. There is no counter to instant teleport UNLESS YOU KILL THE HERO WITH THE STAFF!! Even that is a challenge within itself considering he can eiuther micro it out or have a 2nd with the same rod.

Now for my favorite part - BUTCHERING YOUR EXCUSES!!!
The Staff of Preservation is too cheap
Farie fire lasts too long and takes away too much armor
Mana burn does too much, I suggest 25/75/125
Meta does too much damage
Cyclone lasts too long
Rejuv heals units too fast
Dryads are too cheap
1) IT has a cooldown like every other item, hero can still be killed
2) 4 armor and its dispellable? Not my fault you dont bring anti casters
3) 50/100/150 is fine. Ever seen the previous versions? 100/200/300 was overpowered!
4) Meta has splash and does 100% to all armor types, but his damage stays the same, nothing more.
5) Cyclone is dispellable and only lasts 15-20 seconds, not a problem. Once again, your fault for not bringing anti casters
6) Dispellable and only heals 33.3 HP/second.
7) To melee yes... not when you have piercing and siege, nuff said.

A sum up, it sounds to me that you are NOT bringing dispel when its a requirement on any attack force to prevent your enemy from getting the upper hand or your guys from being debuffed. So what if the enemy has rejuev on him? If you are Orc, YOU PURGE IT!! Hell, the destroyer can turn that precious healing spell into mana for an orb that does splash damage to nearby enemy units.Best part is, that spell costs nothing :). Priests dispel and Spell Breakers can manually steal it. Other NE can either dispel it or use faeries to injure the source.

Now that I have said everything with one line responses. I suggest you 2 should refrain from arguing and take into consideration some of Lizardbreath's ideas even though he worded them improperly. If you don't, I can close this thread and put BOTH of you on the warning list for calling each other idiots and dumbasses (flaming). Sorry, but you both are driving my patience when I told you guys once before not to argue and flame.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
I know how to counter NE. However to do so I have to start massing units like mortars, casters, and knights. Counter imba with abuse, good job blizzard!

I said NE need less micro. Somehow he got NE need no micro from that. I try to correct he, he says it again. I got tired of it.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
IF you want a fine example of abusing, try rushing the fool. If you can stop him from getting the late units, you have done something with your life. But as I said before, its a tough task to pull off, especially if the enemy has the units to stop you. Killing off hunts especially is not an easy task without HH or Demos for me. Once I get raiders and Demos for the rush, I practically kill most of them off.

But yeah, Lizardbreath's only wrong point. NE does require micro because as you and I know.. almost every Ne unit has low HP or has a bad armor type. Look at hunts... weak against piercing and siege even though they have 600 life.