What's the best unit against Battlecruisers..

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
lol. Calm down. I didn't mean to get you cut. It just looked unusual.
I don't like expanding full-stop.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Usually when i run outr of minerals at home base i have another expansion ready to run the probes to and am working on others....but against good players, it gets extremely difficult to expand under constant pressure and choke point ambushes....you need to scout way too much......blah

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
lol. Yep. Have about 2 full running xpans at a time. And another to take over. Even more when Zerg.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Agreed. While enemy is busy with units, lock them down from a safe distance, however in response to this:
Originally posted by Comin2TakeUAway
or lock down+nuke's
its an exposive combination
If you're being attacked by BCs in your own base... would you really want to do that? You also can't be certain you'll lockdown all the BCs in the same area. They could get scattered depending on where you successfully locked them down.

I typically go with a Wraith + Gol + BC combo vs a Terran BC push. Wraiths are exceptionally weak in the HP department, yes. However you don't put them on the front line with the BCs. Let them be distracted by your main force (gols/bcs), and while they're under attack, slip in the cloaked wraiths. That way they won't immediately comsat. If they have Sci Vessels (like any smart Terran player should), make sure you target them first with Wraiths only!

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I find that the best strategy for taking on bcs is a combo of ghosts/valkryies. when ever i use it, its always entertaining listening to then other guy cuss over the loss of his fleet.

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yea, lotsa ghost wit lockdown, and wraiths wit cloak shud be able to bring down an army of BC's...

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Valkyries suck vsing Terran & Toss air. They have too much armor hence the dealing of very little damage.
Lockdown + Wraiths or Gols will do good

Or just get more BCs and micro them.

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Marines and Medics. Lets see BattleCruisers take those bad boys down!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
M&M are only good when against Zerg or for an early rush against Protoss to annoy him and micro to kill probes and not lose any units. Because Zealot speed is slow compared to marines.
Raccoon, we are discussing how to destroy an army of BCs, not what an army of BCs can destroy. They can destroy anything! Well, almost anything.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Since marines deal 3 damage to BCs they need 167 hits to kill them, while a BC needs 2 hits to kill a marine. Siege tanks kill marines in 1 hit. I think raccoon has to rethink his TvT strategy :)

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
lol. Agreed. But Tanks don't kill marines in one hit. They deal 30 dmg unsieged and when sieged, they still need 2 hits to kill a marine.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
They deal 35 damage due to explosive damage, my mistake.

Original Raccoon

Premium Member
Reaction score
. . .

I take it you knew D@/\/\ /\/ well that Sunken Colonies cannot hit BattleCruisers, and you wanted someone to point that out didn't you? DIDN'T YOU!!!??? :D

Mac_Daddy_D

Reaction score
H E L L O :D

Please stop posting profanity in these threads, or you will be reported to the administrator.

~coRtALoS