What's the best unit against Battlecruisers..

Azncraftboi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
Hey, what do u think is the best unit against BC's?
I think the valkyrie is best because it kills air super fast.. too bad its expensive and it dont attack ground... the thing i mostly use them for is in 3v3 zero clutter maps.. i get bout 20 of em, send em on the left or right middle of the map.. then i send em up/down through the enemy base.. then i leave one in the corner of the base (if there's an enemy zerg and a alliedzerg) and with the other 19 or so i kill the ovies and scout their base :D u can also get ur allied zerg to nydus the enemy.. anywayz.. this thread aint about scouting and other tactics... i just wanna know what the best unit for countering BC's is....

Azncraftboi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
Mostly everytime in 1v1s.. if they make mass BC's.. i lose.. I've tried everything.. goons.. goliaths..hydras... mutas... omfg... nothing works.. scourges suck cuz the bcs can like friggin kill 50 of em in like a sec lol even though.. u select t he scourges and u attack the BC.. the idiot scourges delay when they attack..... omfg.. and if u select like 10 scourges and u attack clik on one bc... the scourges will like kill each other and prolly take like 300 damage off of the Bc..........
omfg.. i thought of everything..
high temp and defilers seem to work too.. but.. the defilers get stuck and i cant see where they r... they either get lost or mangled... and when i got plague to the bcs.. they usually send by my miners.. I KILL MY OWN WORKERS! that bout 10000 ore wasted just on miners! psionic storm is ok too, but the bcs kill so dang fast.. i cant get like one in... and even if i do storm em, they just go back to repair.. PISS ME OFF!

(by the way i aint no newb)

Azncraftboi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
omfg, this one guy.. took like 6 SCVs with like 2 BCs.. he hotkeyed em, and he sent em to my base..
I had like 20 goons and he killed me lol
He kept repairing those damn SCVs.. I tried attacking the SCVs... but he sent a tiny squad of medics... lol omfg
Luckily... my record sucks and the loss didn't really effect it much... lolololololol

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Zerg: plague + hydras
Toss: PSI storm + goons
Terran: More BCs than the enemy (or if he doesn't make any tanks, golls)

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
People who play hunters should stop thinking they have skills. The truth is, the only way to beat BCs + siege tanks as terran is more BCs + siege tanks.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I agree. Although you could use PSI-Storm + Scouts instead of goons.
Also, dark swarm + hydra works. But plague is prolly better, or you could do both

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I find plague best vs BCs, because he cant dodge it. One plague and the BCs lose over 60% of their HPs, and they have to pull back to repair. Of course using both is better, but i have learned from experience that u need plague vs BCs.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Hah! Never though of that! Hang on. That is the best way to kill BCs when terran. Think about it....buy alot of BCs & waste cash. Or just lockdown with ghosts then use gols

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Lockdown is very efficiant, and i use it sometimes. But BCs are much easier to use, because to lockdown 7 BCs with 7 different ghosts in less than 2 seconds requires a lot of mouse speed and micro. Besides, teching to ghosts + getting golls costs almost as much as BCs in the long run...

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
LockDown + Nuke is too hard to accomplish, considering that you would want to try and sneak a Nuke in and not make a big scene about it. All LockDown will do is cause them to go Ghost hunting. And I could probally LockDown 7 BC's with 7 diff Ghost in about 2 seconds easily. That why most smart people set a single spell caster as its own force. Like if I have 6 High Templars I would put them in sets of 2.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
U need the hot keys for other units and buildings, most players clone ghosts in stead.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I agree with smashbros.pro because you could un-hotkey them later. And lockdowning 7 BCs in 2 seconds is possible. You wouldnt have your Ghosts on the front line to defend now would you?
I keep mine near my CC. So you would take them in one-by-one and lockdown the BCs. Ghosts have longer range w/lockdown than BCs with their normal attacks.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I use ghosts in the front line if i make them. And some players are fast enough to clone 6-7 ghosts in less than 2 seconds.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Cloning = selecting 7 ghosts, clicking (L)ockdown, locking a BC, clicking one of the ghost pictures in the bottom of the screen (de-select one ghost) and repeating 7 times.

U

UnReaL

Well I think that BC's r most likely the best unit in the game...it has sum range and its defnese is amazing.....but there r always scouts and wraiths that can stop em.....scouts can dish out 26 without any ups