Zerg is weak overall.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
errr 12 bats will kill 12 zerglings no matter what. Unless the person was like moving with firebats and wasn't attacking.

1 mutalisk does not own 2 marines with 2 medics.

10 mutalisk does not own 20 marines with 20 medics.

M&M is usually supported with firebats. Firebats own zerglings.

Lurker Lings are owned by tanks, supported with plenty of marines and firebats and medics.

I say Zerg sucks early/mid game. They start to dominate around mid/late.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
maybe the lings had 3/3 upgrades, plus metabolic and adrenal, and the firebats were still at 0/0 without stim :p

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
splash damage should make short work of lingies.

but yes they could've been upgraded and the firebats were 0/0 and hurt and no stim.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Snagg said:
errr 12 bats will kill 12 zerglings no matter what. Unless the person was like moving with firebats and wasn't attacking.

1 mutalisk does not own 2 marines with 2 medics.

10 mutalisk does not own 20 marines with 20 medics.

M&M is usually supported with firebats. Firebats own zerglings.

Lurker Lings are owned by tanks, supported with plenty of marines and firebats and medics.
No zerg player will 10 send mutas against 20 riness w/ 21312312 medics.

And just how many rines bats and medics can you get early in the game along w/ tanks? it only takes 3-4 lurks to get rid of MM's and bats. unless the zerg player is retarded and doesn't know how to micro.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
alright i think i'm starting to get the real meaning of this thread.. first of all, i don't think snagg is a newb, he just overstated his point.. which i think is that, in the hands of an average player, zerg sucks royal ass.. not that they, themselves, are weak, but that you need to be a fairly advanced player to have a good early/mid game with zerg, where as less experienced players can do the same thing with terran and protoss because they are set up better for average players to start off strong.. and if that is the case, then i don't disagree with any of it, as zerg, being used by an average player, is almost always dominated by average terran and protoss players, especially early and mid game (with the exception of ling rush, which can catch some people off guard).. if all the players in the game are skilled though, i say all the races are balanced at start, middle, and end games

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
w00t someone understands me.

2 players with same skill level.

One uses protoss

One uses Zerg.

WHO'S GONNA WIN.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
if they are average players, protoss is much more likely.. if they are skilled, it could go either way

PauseBreak

Reaction score
lol, I got it the second I saw the title.

thats way cute when they try

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Everything = Zerg killers.

It's just that Zerg can create large numbers.

So that means they die early on when they have relatively small force.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
If you can't walk the walk, then don't talk the talk.

Enough said.

G37Z

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.kingdomofloathing.com
I cant believe all these ppl say zerg is weak, go play some 1 who knows how to use zerg and see how well u do against em. cause i tell you what, if your godly with zerg your the god of the gods.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
G37Z said:
I cant believe all these ppl say zerg is weak, go play some 1 who knows how to use zerg and see how well u do against em. cause i tell you what, if your godly with zerg your the god of the gods.
that is so true

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
24 mutas = 2400 min 2400 gas

you can get 18 goliaths and will own the mutas. And it's cheaper.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sorry, but mutas own goliaths. Don't let that 20 damage and charon boosters fool you. It's explosive and mutas regen and are much more mobile .

Secondly, if you have that many gols then I'd bring along hydras with my mutas and attack your base whenever you decide to move out. There's a REASON why T's don't go gols vs zerg.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Even if 24 mutas got owned by 18 goliaths (which isn't true), who cares? 32 Marines get owned by 8 guardians. I guess Zerg is the best.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:
Sorry, but mutas own goliaths. Don't let that 20 damage and charon boosters fool you. It's explosive and mutas regen and are much more mobile .

Secondly, if you have that many gols then I'd bring along hydras with my mutas and attack your base whenever you decide to move out. There's a REASON why T's don't go gols vs zerg.
Yah but 18 goliaths cost like 1800 min and 600 gas. 24 mutas cost 2400 min and gas. You send in some hydras. That's another few thousand. Goliaths with tanks and marines. Still going to be cheaper than your hydra + muta combo and own it. I really doubt you can get 24 mutas and a shit load of hydras without having the opponent out-tech you. The 20 damage means it takes 6 hits to kill one muta. And since muta has more cooldown than goliath and goliath has more range... muta's don't stand a chance.

32 marines owned by 8 guardians not true at all. Stim-packed marines will for sure kill 8 guardians by the time guardians can fire that many times.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rather than talking mess on an internet forum, try these out before theorycrafting. Things usually NEVER work out the way people say it does. Now you're bringing marines now? You do realize by the time you do move out that the zerg will have COMPLETE map control and run you over with mutas/hydras plus hive tech(probably defilers my personal favorite) and you won't the gas to make science vessels, right? With that said, guardians are anyother option.

Oh and BTW, zerg doesn't HAVE to be cost-effective(just so you know) since they out-resource toss/terran by so far.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Even though they are not cost-effective. They get owned in BGH.
Things usually NEVER work out the way people say it does
you contradict yourself.

The fact that they're not cost effective means they will die if the player you're playing against is just as good as you. You will have same amount of units as your protoss/terran enemy cost-wise and you will get owned.

The only map I can think they balance out with the rest of the races is lost temple.

And won't has gas to make science vessels? What the heck are you talking about.