Rising of the slaves.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Skandos awoke. Vandror had found something unusual. Refreshed, he made sure he was alone before he removed his cover and then began walking towards Vandror, who was two stories below him. Skandos swung over the ledge and jumped - Vandror threw his hands out and caught Skandos, before hoisting him over the ledge.

Vandror led Skandos to a strange door that glowed golden. Skandos felt an odd aura of magic about the door. He held the knob and turned - the door was locked. Skandos looked around for any living creature and found an ant, carrying a crumb. He ordered the ant to crawl towards the door, then made a bolt of light through the door, looking for a gap. He found one, and the ant walked through the gap. Skandos concentrated and he could see what the ant could see. Rapidly, he looked around and possessed a bat that was flying around the room. He started swooping all over the massive chamber, where he saw mummified bodies coated in auras of magic. But, strangely, their "signature" was missing. Skandos could identify a creature's general power breakdown vaguely by analysing a being long enough, and these creatures somehow lacked them. Unless this place was designed to extract "signatures" of creatures!

Skandos stopped the possession and knew that this place must have been a place where powers were harvested. Therefore someone must have had them in possession.

Skandos looked around the floor and found a second corridor nearby. Immediately, his senses noted danger - something was waiting to ambush him. Skandos concentrated and detected the creature's smell. Skandos immediately attacked the smell and began to attempt to possess the creature, who shrieked immediately and rushed out, ready to attack. Vandror decapitated the being in an instant, in his own ambush style.

Skandos wondered how many ambushes were waiting around this prison.

At once, there was a roar and a massive projectile crashed against the wall of the tower where Skandos had first met the rest of the prisoners. The stone melted and the tower miraculously still held still - obviously held by supernatural means. Then, thousands of bolts erupted towards the gaping hole and several creatures died on the spot.

Skandos ignored that spot for a while - after all, that was where the entire concentrated creature force was. Instead, he began sensing and looking out for the strongest possible power force in the vicinity. Worryingly, the first power sources he sensed were the unspoken-offs, meaning they were stronger than Vadriel. Vadriel was not even next - there were some pretty strong things in this place. Skandos found nothing suspicious, in the end. He only gathered that whatever held the powers was non-sentient, which complicated things.

Skandos left a mental message for any of his fellow inmates he had encountered in the tower and then decided to start from the top. Vandror threw Skandos upwards and then vanished. Vandror appeared on the top of the wall again and caught Skandos, hoisting him onto the parapet. Skandos then decided to go away from the hole in the tower and search the other towers and giant building opposite the tower.*

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((ooh, DUH! Vadriel tends to absorb things' powers, too...it's how he got so strong, by demolishing Hell and adding all the denizens' power to his...he really needs to get on the ball doing that...but don't worry, he doesn't leech, he just nabs the powers of those he defeats.))

Vadriel smirked at Bathizar's cocky display. The mortal had some abilities, true, but he was far too flashy for his own good...it could get him killed.

"Not bad, but...you missed one. Pardon me."

Vadriel cuffed the neck of a guard who had managed to circle behind them, knocking him senseless. Vadriel lifted him up and twisted his neck, killing the guard instantly. Splaying his wings, he concentrated slightly, and the guard's departing soul was sucked into the hungry shadow vortex of Vadriel's own soul, draining the man's power, memories, and all he knew.

Vadriel let the lifeless corpse fall to the ground, and smiled. He now knew the spell the guards had been using to strip creatures of their power. It was a complicated one, but such things were far from beyond the scope of his abilities.

Experimentally, he tested it on one of his Shadowbeasts. The creature's sorceries broke, and its matter dissipated back to its home realm.

Vadriel laughed. With this new power, the playing field could be leveled against anything he may find in this odd place...

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Skandos hit several flashbacks as he saw Vadriel and Balthizar totally demolish the first wave of soldiers, and then sensed the fact that an oncoming wave of thousands of creatures was approaching them, and at that rate, they would be totally swept away.

Skandos immediately sent out a pulse of mental energy to Balthizar. "There are creatures approaching, in the thousands, and some stronger than Vadriel and yourself. You might want to watch yourself."

((I would send Vandror to protect Sonix but Skandos sucks at combat, which is where Vandror comes in.))*

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar was having so much fun he almost missed Skandos's mental message. When he finished listening to the message he wasn't that worried, but he still wanted to be cautious, so he said to Vadriel,"Hey, Skandos says a legion of troops are coming our way, I know it might not be your way, but we best avoid them, I don't like to run away from a fight either, but best live to fight another day, eh?"

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Vadriel smirked.

"Let the legions come. If they get in our way, we will eliminate them. With this new sorcery, anything that appears to be more than the both of us could handle will be stripped of its power, at least enough so to be managable. All I need is time to complete the spell, and my minions and thee can give me that.

For now, let us press onwards. I have a hunger for mass slaughter, and to add the power of our enemies to my own would further my goals quite well. So, shall we simply stay our course and deal with the obstacles as they arise, or do you wish to take the coward's path and evade confrontation?"

Vadriel crossed his arms, awaiting the mortal's reply.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Name: Penis Man
Your class: Penis Killers
Type of battle: Uses semen to blind enemies, ends with a strong cockslap
Personality: Nice guy, but he can hit really hard to stay out of his way
Side: Neutral

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
((I will accept if the age goes above 18 because I don't want to run into trouble with an underage genital-man running around... And must be serious. Either be serious or don't bother.))

Skandos knew that Vadriel was going to become too powerful very soon and he knew that one way or another, he had to remove Vadriel from the picture. There were ways he knew how to do that, of course, but he decided not to for the time being.

Skandos and Vandror paced back towards the large building and Skandos jumped down to the courtyard, landing on Vandror, who put him down. They walked to a giant ornate gate that Skandos realised was the entrance to the dining hall.

Vandror smashed through the door and Skandos lit up the darkness. Vandror walked in first and immediately vanished as something killed it instantly - a poisoned dart. Skandos ducked as several more shot out. Skandos then leapt back as a giant insect flew out, bringing out fearsome fangs and legs that apparently fired projectiles.

Vandror reappeared and smashed the insect against the wall before the insect could strike. Vandror then ran at the insect and put his leg into the skull of the insect, smashing a hole through the wall in doing so.

Skandos peered at the insect with disgust. Vandror had powdered the skull of the insect and the wall together, and the blood oozed blue. The blood was acidic and Skandos knew that this insect was familiar, but could not remember where. He had a strange feeling, suddenly, that he had been here before, too.

In a dream? He couldn't have been here in real life, surely.

Skandos, now very wary, moved into the dining hall with Vandror walking ahead of him, a bright lighting shining through the darkness.

[strike]Skandos then looked around the area and realised something astonishing. He looked carefully at an imprint on the wall and then he noticed a giant pattern on the cracks of the surface, heading all the way up. He stepped back several steps and suddenly noticed where he was. This was the tear in the realm that was the result of the unspoken-offs fighting and winning the major war against a foe that was unknown. Their power had torn the fabric of the world apart and what was left was void, allowing millions of worlds to come together as one. Someone had managed to build something here, and not only that, but to capture things.

Skandos stared at the cracks and suddenly knew the amount of danger everyone was in. Vadriel and the other creatures were no match for the unspoken-offs because Skandos now saw that they had new powers. The runes all spoke of a fearful, impossible thing - the ability to split anything into different worlds and permanently tear them apart. Skandos knew that the unspoken-offs were a by-product of something made of true nothingness but had no idea that they had become powerful in this void. Someone had given them the power to destroy everything.

Skandos leapt back suddenly as he met a massive tear in the fabric of the world appear right next to him. Vandror was hit and he was instantly shattered into a million pieces, glimmering throughout several hundred worlds. The blood coated each piece and dissolved into each piece, glowing a thousand different colours as each world came into play.

The leader unspoken-off suddenly flew up above the wall and Skandos knew it recognised him. Two more tears erupted as Skandos dodged each one, before leaping up and blazing a light entirely composed of energy. The leader, temporarily blinded, glared and leapt down to the courtyard, a massive explosion erupting where he landed. Skandos had vanished into his Light world and was rapidly moving towards the tower to get everyone out before it was too late.

Two tears screamed through his Light world as Skandos quickly jumped out into the Darkness world, but the tears stayed in place as they should have. Skandos jumped into where the tower was and returned to the real world. He stared at the chaos caused by the tears - several creatures had been shattered, their gore in different grostique shapes, all covering shapes of glass.

Skandos then knew that only the leader knew how to tear worlds apart, but that did not make it any easier. The leader was as strong as the entire populace of the powers around him, and being amongst powerful creatures, this was not easy. Skandos had heard words of him being able to withstand the strongest possible spells with no effect and it was impossible to absorb his powers - because no living being had enough strength to hold a tiny part of it in.

"I wonder if they know him from other places?" Skandos wondered as he ran up some stairs. The tears had stopped appearing. Until he heard a horrific screech as a tear consumed more things.

A tear came painfully close to Skandos and he was forced to leap from the tower to another wall. Vandror appeared to catch him. Skandos was now fleeing because the leader was intent on killing him.

A tear crashed into Skandos's stomach, instantly. He felt intense pain and then he felt his entire form become shattered and ripped. However, he concentrated and forced all his shattered pieces to form into two worlds he knew of - the Light and Darkness. And with that, he ceased to exist from this void. The last thing he saw was the leader vanishing, his job apparently done. He did sense the unspoken-offs had retreated, too, but the doorway... He saw, just before he felt the last of this world ebb away... Close. They were trapped in this void forever.

((Skandos will be back - he can recombine his shattered form with the help of Vandror. The unspoken-offs are now gone and you are left with a bunch of soldiers. The reason for Skandos being hunted down was because it was the leader that was forced to flee by the three Elemental beings.

Of course, the problem is that the void is now sealed, so there must be another way out.

The "tears" in the world are infinitely thin threads that destroy everything in all the worlds on that line. They are of infinite length. Once the line is created, anyone can walk through the line as if it did not exist because it is the actual movement of the tear that is destructive. The tears are invisible and only beings on Skandos's world can see them (apparently).

The net result of all this, of course, is the fact that the basic gateway is now gone and the world must be explored to find a second exit, if one exists.

Be careful with the absorbing power. It's not a "spell", it's a device that is bound to the blood of the bearer, but you can learn the magic behind it. It is mostly a suicide weapon if you attempt to use it on a being that is almost the same strength in magical aptitude or greater compared with you - but it absorbs lesser beings fairly easily. Also, it channels - it absorbs over time.))[/strike]

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((The "absorbing power?" Dude, I hope you're not talking about what Vadriel has, because the only thing he learned how to do from that spell was strip an enemy of its powers...it doesn't transfer anything, just weakens the target. Vadriel's absorption power is his own innate thing, just one of the many perks of being a Fallen Angel. He essentially drains the very life essence of whatever he kills, learning all the absorbed one knew, and gaining a large portion of its power. Innate skills, it doesn't absorb. His base abilities still center around fire, ice, and darkness magics, but he can learn new spells and sorceries not exclusive to the creature's very nature.

And buddy, I think Vadriel can be the key to this RPG ever actually ending. You need a way to take down the big boss Unspoken, and no living thing could contain its power...luckily for us Vadriel isn't exactly living...he's immortal, life is inconsequential. He can be destroyed, but so too can all immortals, and it wouldn't be as a result of growing too powerful...it could only be in direct warfare with another immortal of equal or greater strength, and even then it'd have to be through devious means.

And the thing is, due to Vadriel's nature, it would be very bad for pretty much everything in existance if he got "splintered" by one of these tears or whatnot...if Vadriel's power and essence was fragmented and reborn into many different realities, it'd be like sticking him in a cloning machine. You already know about his linkage with all his power...and being a creature of a higher plane, he's obviously able to transcend across planes of existance...imagine an army of Vadriels completely in sync with one another...and as already stated, he regains his store of energy over time, so while at first the many Vadriels would be weak, they'd soon regenerate to each have the full power of the original...so yeah, bad idea. If Vadriel actually learns of this, he may indeed TRY to get fragmented.

And also...is anyone else getting the feeling that this RPG is straying pretty ****ing far from just escaping a damn prison facility where everyone got made into an X-Men mutant?))

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
((I like conspiracies.

You can interpret and twist what you read in any way you like. Just as long as it is sensible.

When you are shattered, you can consider the fact that you are technically dead and cannot really grow, because your pieces are missing their partners.

Do go on. All you need to know is that you are trapped in this weird world where many things have been stuffed together. We either work together or work against it. We can explore the rest of the realm but so far, the prison is the only building in this weird area.

I kind of got carried away with that - if you want, I will strikethrough the entire post and write something less far-fetched.))*

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((It is a bit far off from the original intent of the RPG, but meh. I can roll with it...Vad's a bit more than your basic chartype for this, too.

And yeah, destroying his body wouldn't do him in, only destroying his consciousness. Even THAT being fragmented would only make him worse...so let's avoid him doing that.))

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
((Alright, then nobody proceed first!))

(([edit] Crossed out 50% of my hard work and made it small just in case you want to read it anyway. Shortened it a bit.))*

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((Yea, I think this RPG strayed from escaping, to fighting the damn burning legion, not that it bad, but I woulda made my guy a little more powerful than he is if I'd known that we'd be fighting stuff like that))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((I think puzzles are fun, but Vadriel wouldn't. He'd just blow up anything that pissed him off or got in his way. :D))