Rising of the slaves.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((it's all right...I like doing this shit, and don't really care too much about plotlines...hehe))

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
(Sorry, internet problem)

A guard comes into a dark room, searching for straglers, when suddenly Bathizar pounces on his back. The guard foolishly trys to pull a knife on Bathizar, but dies for his ill atempt.

Bathizar than goes out through many long corridors to find a large room, as soon as he walks in he is bedazzled to see the room covered in ice. He yells " Oh shii....." Foolishly he falls end over end, he quickly comes to a stop at the feet of two beings not of this world.

Bathizar simply says "Umm...Table for one?"

Sonic_Moronic

Member!
Reaction score
Sonix peaks from the corner, after listening to the whole conversation.

"Vadriel, i think you are showing off a little too much. I do not believe you are so powerful that you speak."

He turns to Skandos. "And, you called me a friend? I dont remember you one bit."

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
((By the way, Ninja_Blue, should I write you into the storyline or are you going to write yourself into it?))

Skandos looks puzzled. "Those stupid pills! I told you not to eat them!" he declares frustratingly, knowing that Sonix is as likely to know what he is talking about as he knew the scope of Vadriel's powers. He reached out for some pills in his pocket. "Filth," he spits. "How dare they reduce us powerful beings into mindless creatures!"

At once, two burly soldiers armed with fearsome shafts charge down the corridor behind Vadriel. Forks of lightning arc out. Without seeing what happened to Vadriel, Skandos dodges and the lightning strikes his side, flinging him against the wall. Winded, Skandos fires a tiny thin beam of light. There is a scream of pain as the highly-concentrated light beam strikes one of the soldier's eyes. Steam and an acrid smell fill the air.

((Do we need a dungeon master or do we just throw stuff as we go?))*

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
(you can write me in, just don't do dialouge for me, and just throw stuff as you go, nothing extreme, imo, 1 last thing though, you kinda just ignored me, unless you didn't understand that i fell at your and his feet)

Bathizar gets up and feels the knot that has formed on his head. But no time to screw around, he must take care of the problem at hand, he quickly evades the guard coming at his flank, he then breaks the poor man's nose with one strike of the fist.

He then turns to his new "companions" and says "So....what are you in for, eh?" trying to be as comical as possible. He soon regrets his course of action after taking another look at the winged one. He decides just to try to stay silent, unless they take it unaffended.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Vadriel ignored the electrical energy that slammed into his back and dispersed throughout his wings. Hell's electrical storms were much worse than this feeble magick.

He turned slowly to the mortal not struck by Skandos's power, the one with the bloodied nose. He walked forward, knocking the spear weapon aside as the mortal tried to stave him off with it. He thrust out his hand and placed his palm against the forehead of the man, and flashfroze his skull before shattering it into an indeterminate number of tiny shards with his vicelike grip.

He turned to the one blinded by Skandos, the man's eyes burnt out masses of charred gore.

"And for you, the darkness which would forever accompany you in your new blindness, should you have lived."

Vadriel beckoned, and the man's own shadow on the ground reached down and grabbed the man's ankles, immobilizing him. Tendrils of black darkness reached up and wound tightly around the struggling man. Vadriel walked forward and caressed the man's cheek.

"How feeble, the Almighty's children...how He could love you so is beyond me."

The man was hauled into the floor by the shadows, leaving no trace of where he once stood. Vadriel smiled, knowing the torments that would await the pathetic man in the Plane of Darkness, what horrors the denizens would do to him...a fitting end for ANY of the sad, useless race of mortals so favored by his former Lord.

He turned back to the others in the room. To Sonix, he simply glared. He'd soon know the reach of his power. To the other one, who had broken the guard's nose, he smirked. While obviously just another human, at least this one attempted a personality. And however crude, it fought. Perhaps there may be a place on his staff for this little beast, as well. Maybe.

Sonic_Moronic

Member!
Reaction score
"Well, it is very entertaining talking with you, gentlemen, but i got some work to do."

He walks away.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Bathizar is horrified by the sight he had just seen, how a man was consumed by his own shadow. But he was not horrified by this winged one's power, but what memories this brought back..."No," he thought,"never again...."

Bathizar let out a deep sigh to calm himself down, but liike the idiot he is, reveals himself to the others, so he just decides to slip out of the dark corner he was just in a greet his new "companions". He says "So, you gonna say hi or just ignore me all day?" they both throw him a sharp glare. Bathizar just smirks and says, "Come on now, no need to be rude"

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Skandos looks rather puzzled at Sonix's disappearance. "Drugs are bad," he mutters. (((Community message!)))

He turned to face Bathizar. He was not disturbed by the sight of a shadow consuming its owner - he had seen places where that was a daily sport for the citizens.

"And you are?" Skandos asks? "Not one of those stupid rebel leaders, whom I expect is rallying slaves to his army to overthrow this prison?"

Skandos had heard of rumours that there had been several prisoners who were attempting to plot coups over the past few days, rather like prison gangs. They tended to gather up the strongest lot and the most powerful magical creatures. Skandos tended to avoid all these - he was not stupid to assume anyone a leader in his place. His cellmate was one who tried - and he was now shivering in mental shock in the corner of the cell, he assumed.

"I'll see you around," Skandos said to Vadriel. "I assume you can deal with him. I am going to find Sonix. I think he is the key to escaping here." Skandos concentrates and a giant bear appears in front of him. "Meet Vandror, a mindless, loyal, slave bear of mine. I'm not used to fighting - Vandror does that for me." Covering his wound, he runs off after Sonix.

((I think we should, for a while, dump monsters, obstacles and plot twists every few posts. Nobody should do one twice in a row. Since I assume we are separated for the time being, perhaps J'kar and Sonic_Moronic can, er, exchange handshakes and either follow me or go somewhere else.

We should also have some sort of neutral battling system without going too far into Dungeons and Dragons-style battling - keep it simple! I am no fan of both myself and J'kar doing one-hit-KOs every time we meet something - both of us have weaknesses (J'kar? ...) and the creatures we meet are not normal - we should not one-hit-KO other prisoners unless in certain circumstances.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Vadriel's biggest weakness is his own pride and overblown sense of revenge...he'll pursue vengeance to his own demise...As well, mere light magic may not be able to do much to him, but REAL power of the Almighty can do the most damage to him out of the things that can hurt him.

Another thing that Vadriel is pretty vulnerable to is water...he's an amazing flier, but he can't swim well, and getting his wings wet bogs him down. I mean, his fire magic can usually bail him out of water-problems, but any hinderance to that can give him trouble.

Also, all he's been faced with so far is mild sorceries...very powerful elemental magic is definitely something he would have to contend with, but think of it..he's from HELL, which is half blazing inferno and half frozen wasteland...he's been exposed to the elements for a long time...it takes heavy guns to take him down...

In addition, he may not be killable in the traditional sense by physical damage, but his body can be ruined, forcing him to leave this plane of existance until he can gather a new body out of shadowmatter. He can remanifest out of any shadow, so a room with NO shadows will stop him from entering once he's been "killed."

And yeah, Vadriel's a beast...the scope of his abilities is pretty damn fierce, so one hit kills are pretty much a given with him...however, unless something pisses him off, he doesn't usually bother with it. If it attacks him, or it's something he bears a grudge against (like humans or angels), he'll take it down with all he's got. However, if whatever it is doesn't try anything with him, he'll either ignore it or merely disable it. So...that's about what you need to know about Vad.))

Vadriel turned to Bathizar and crossed his arms, obviously waiting for a reason to bother with the little human.

Sonic_Moronic

Member!
Reaction score
Sonix notices the bear.

"What the...?"

The bear raises his hand of Sonix.

"Oh boy!"
He focuses his power to cast a bolt of lightning, which knocks the bear off, and runs away.

Suddenly, a divine voice:
Stop. I don't want to hurt you.

Marvelous. This bear actually has telepathic powers. Seems like he wants me to follow him.

"Okay, lead the way."
They start walking back to skandos.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
((You stole my teddy bear!))

Skandos runs after the lumbering bear and nearly crashes into its massive body.

"What are you doing back here?" Skandos demands. "You only take orders from me!"

He sees Sonix beside him. Skandos looks puzzled. He sensed some sort of affection, and Vandror was meant to be incapable of his own thoughts. Out of the corner of his eye, he made a mental note to keep an eye on Sonix.

"So, Sonix, you cannot remember anything about who I am?" he asks.*

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Skandos had half a mind to use his light as a surgical laser to find out what pills had been given to Sonix. However, he knew that would be fairly stupid, to destroy what he thought was the only person who knew the way out of the prison.

At once, a giant booming sound echoed around the prison. Several prisoners ran down the corridors to a booming voice. Skandos, who understood all tongues even ones he had encountered once, took several seconds to translate this arcane tongue and fully understand it.

"Someone called 'Jagkk' is calling people to rally out to break out of this prison," Skandos said to Sonix. "He is planning to break down the walls. I do wish these people weren't stupid."

Skandos listened some more, aware that Sonix was not paying too much attention. "He is saying that anyone who is not with him is against him and will be used in their purposes forcefully." He turned to warn Vadriel but decided Vadriel could take care of himself better than he could.

At once, a giant mass of snakes attacked from above as one of Jagkk's minions carried out the order in seconds. A giant, snaky being with vicious red eyes glared down as about twenty snakes screamed for Skandos and Sonix. The bear tore several of the snakes to pieces but more kept charging down from above.

Skandos aimed a bolt of light but the creature began moving incredibly fast, faster than Skandos's reaction. A snake launched directly at Skandos's face and Skandos leapt back, the snake crumpling on the floor on impact. Voices could be heard from the stairwell behind. More were coming. Skandos now wondered whether, for the first time, he needed Vadriel's help.*

Sonic_Moronic

Member!
Reaction score
"Ahhh! I have to remember...the..spell!"

He starts chanting, with an divine voice:

"Spirits of storm, help me, help me to remember my powers!!! "

From the skies, the thunderstorm breaks out, focusing on them. The huge amount of lightning strikes breaks the ceiling, hitting them.

Sonix casts a magical armor on himself, Vandror and Skandos.

His vision startes to shade. His energy is drowned.
It becomes completely dark, only the voices of the thunder and snakes screaming...

He passes out and falls on the floor.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Skandos leaps out of the way of a second snake and collides with the magical barrier in doing so. Winded, Skandos looks at the mysterious blue aura and a splattering of fried blood. The lightning bolt had gone through the creature cleanly.

Skandos stared at the blue barrier and at Sonix, who was unconscious. "Great, how how do I break this?" Skandos muttered. He drew back his finger and sent a pulse of incredibly intense light to try and carve a hole like a laser. The light went straight through the barrier and did not harm it at all.

Frustrated, Skandos sent a pulse of nerve-wrecking mental pain to Sonix to try and awaken him.*

Sonic_Moronic

Member!
Reaction score
Sonix's vision startes to come back..

"Ahh!! What the hell are you doing to me!! Stop!!"

He shakes his head.
"Allright, that was a succesful awakening."

He dispells the magical armors.

"Wow, that was amazing! I didn't know i had so much power!"

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Skandos was on the verge of helping Sonix up and asking him what he remembered when a roar echoed through the stairwell and a mass of gas engulfed them both. Skandos blazed light through his hands but the gas was unharmed. It was incredibly choking, and Skandos was aware that the gas was conscious. It had a mind. He choked and began to lose breath rapidly.

He called upon the power of his created beings and in one strike, smote the gas with a hammer of freezing ice. The gas retreated and glared balefully at the coldness, where the gas was beginning to turn into a vapour. The vapour condensed to liquid and rose up, ready to strike. Skandos had never encountered such a thing before and had no idea how to fight it. If he vapourised the water, it would turn into a gas again and become stronger. He had no idea what to do.*

Sonic_Moronic

Member!
Reaction score
Sonix:" *cough* We got to escape! We can't fight gas! "

Skandos seems to much more harmed by the gas.

"Come on!" He draggs him out and they both start to run.

" Where did that come from?"