Quetsions for evolutionists...

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
From that same online dictionary:
Evolution:Change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species.
Natural selection:The process in nature by which, according to Darwin's theory of evolution, only the organisms best adapted to their environment tend to survive and transmit their genetic characteristics in increasing numbers to succeeding generations while those less adapted tend to be eliminated.

Now shut the hell up already.

edit: I don't believe anyone answered my questions b4 the hack:
why do we have an apendix?
why do whales have fingers?
why does some bacteria only live in the engines of jet planes?

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
"To make suitable to or fit for a specific use or situation."

That's pretty much what evolution does...

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I am having a nice day, thanks. Basking in the knowledge that I'm waaaayyy smarter than you. Of course it's the same thing. Look at the definition. To adjust, to assimilate...it's the same as evolving. Evolve is defined by "dictionary.com" as developing and undergoing gradual change. If you can't see that they're synonyms, I pity you. Did you understand this POST at least?

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
did u read my second link roach?

Mac man, i never said natural selection...i said adapt.

MacMan

Reaction score
You can't be serious.
Look at the definition of evolution: natural selection. Look at the definition of natural selection: adaption. Jesus christ you're dumb.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't need to read the second link bastardsword...it's the obvious.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
Originally posted by RoaCh Of DisCord
I don't need to read the second link bastardsword...it's the obvious.
if u read it, ull see my point

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahahahaha...classic.

MacMan

Reaction score
It's even better because he provided the source that proves him wrong, and still said he's right.

MacMan

Reaction score
You don't even know what a synonym is, maybe your little dictionary can help you with your basic english before you try to tell me I'm wrong.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
btw, id like u to know that ur breakin teh forums rules!

No Flaming or indulging in other behaviour offensive to other members - take out your frustrations in The Asylum.

:)

also, please good god read my second link!!!!

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
He was pointing out your stupidity, deal with it.

MacMan

Reaction score

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thebastardsword

also, please good god read my second link!!!!
The second link DOESN'T EVEN WORK. You might want to actually post a working link...

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
ya i just noticed...so i grabbed the info

Question: Are evolution and adaptation different?

Response: "Evolution" is such a broad term, simply meaning "change," that it can be stated quite honestly that adaptation qualifies as a type of evolution. However, when "evolution" is stated to the layperson, the concept is of one sort of organism, like a bacteria, through time, chance, mutations, and natural selection, becoming another sort of organism, like an elephant. If this is the sort of evolution being referred to, then adaptation is in a different category altogether.
Adaptation is the process whereby a series of variations already within a population gets winnowed down to the few that are best suited to any particular environment. This is not a matter of adding anything new to the genetic material of the population, but simply weeding out what is not working as well as some other variations. For instance, a population of bears which wandered north at some point, gradually lost members with less fat, less aggressiveness, and darker fur, eventually leaving us with the white, aggressive, and fat-layered polar bear. There may have been some mutations or combinations which increased the fat or the aggressiveness or the lightness of color, but nothing which changed the essential "bear-ness" of the beast.
This is radically different from the type of evolution which posits that some kind of unicellular organism through millions of mutations became that bear in the first place.

Helen Fryman

MacMan

Reaction score
Originally posted by thebastardsword
No Flaming or indulging in other behaviour offensive to other members
Your stupidity is offensive.