No god...

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by jackalopes
did u even read the whole post?
Yep.

Basically what he's saying is that there wouldn't be any good or evil in the world if there weren't God. That's completely unfounded.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Forged
I really didn't see the relevance in any of the things that you posted, as you said the world has always been moving which would explain the odd thing. And the earth perfect thing??

o yeah and

I don't believe in souls and if I did I don't see why animals couldn't have them...

Humans are animals.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
humans are animals, i agree.

souls are a myth, i think. all we have is the advanced ability to think. apes and dolphins to name a few can think, just not like us. evolution took a right turn for us. and the full idea of evolution cant be involved w/ religion at all. micro evolution within the same species can be, but not one specie to another, such as humans coming from apes.

But overall, no one can believe anyone. They can only believe themselves and the ideas they come up with and believe with full force.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
Originally posted by CelestialBadger
BigShot, nothing that you said proved the existance of God at all. Can't we all just agree that there's no proof for either cause and move on?
He had some good points (yes, I actually read the whole post), but the truth is that nothing you can say can undoubtedly prove the existance of God. There are a thousand different reason I could give that would suggest there is a higher power, but none of them could give actual, solid proof. It all comes down to faith. I think you have two choices: You can believe in God or in synchronicity, and you can't really prove or disprove either.

Originally posted by SlyFie
and the full idea of evolution cant be involved w/ religion at all. micro evolution within the same species can be, but not one specie to another, such as humans coming from apes.
I disagree. I think it just depends on how literally you want to take the Bible, and how much faith you want to put into science. For all I know, Adam and Eve could have been apes (I think it's pretty likely, actually). The Bible really isn't all that specific, and who's to deny that God, being as powerful as He is, couldn't have created the process of evolution?

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by cxoli
He had some good points (yes, I actually read the whole post), but the truth is that nothing you can say can undoubtedly prove the existance of God. There are a thousand different reason I could give that would suggest there is a higher power, but none of them could give actual, solid proof. It all comes down to faith. I think you have two choices: You can believe in God or in synchronicity, and you can't really prove or disprove either.
I agree completely which is why I think this debate is rather pointless.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You certainly don't know the bible at all. Humans are God's lambs. So god would never evolve anything, humans at the most. Ive spoken with Preists and doctors (in the science field of course) about these events. And they all say that is the most possible way, even if they dont like it, because they are all Christians.

I was a strong believer in God for 14 years of my life. I know the bible well, but I do not like it.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
I also know the Bible well. My mom is a pastor, so a large portion of my life so far has been spent discussing these things with her, as well as with other pastors. You're right, evolution directly conflicts with the Bible. Christians aren't "supposed" to believe in evolution. I'll admit that what I put my faith in aren't the Church's beliefs, but they are my own beliefs, and that's good enough for me. Evolution....Maybe it's just the power to change ourselves (on a much larger scale), and I think that's one of the greatest gifts God has given us.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmm...you make sense. im glad you got your own beliefs and not followin others. oo ya, my mom is the youth minister at my church...just thought i should share that.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
Haha....Thanks ^_^ I don't know about you, but I've always hated being so involved in the church :p Everyone has such high expectations of you....They want you to be their idea of the perfect Christian, and they always think you're going to grow up to be a pastor or something....

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i hate the church. everyone expects u to be so goody goody when they arent themselves. doesnt make sense. guess thats why i mite have lead to evolution instead of religion...but i think you mita changed me>>>>thanks for the discussion

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
Wait, you me mean I might have changed you? Me? Really????

Thank you as well ^_^ It was fun!

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by CelestialBadger
I agree completely which is why I think this debate is rather pointless.
Debating on this forum is pointless, unless you like talking to like 3 people. ;)

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
let me jump back in...... I think Nietzchse's Philosophy's are outdated but they still ring true to me.

In my paper I also make reference to Old Folk tales such as paul Bunion (did i spell that wrong?) and Pecos Bill. I say what makes these stories different from the bible? The man walked on water, feed 5,000 people with 5 fish and 2 loaves of bread, water into win, healed the blind with mud. Just because he healed people everyone thinks it was true.

But people in church do believe in the after life and this is where Nietzchse's work comes into my mind. because they say dont sin because Jesus died for them... well if he died for all of the sins then my sins dont count and hell wont come to me. Also dont do drugs, sex before marriage, and give something up for lent. Many more but thats all crap. Drugs=Artifical happiness which is a good thing.

T

Tetsusaiga

I agree with static.
Nietzchse's Philosophy still applys. he is right about 95% of the time.

"Drugs=Artifical happiness which is a good thing." = also true.

Chain3r-

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Some Info on drugs

Originally posted by Tetsusaiga
I agree with static.
Nietzchse's Philosophy still applys. he is right about 95% of the time.

"Drugs=Artifical happiness which is a good thing." = also true.
If you think drugs are a good thing your a idiot, alot of drugs are grown out of feces and if you don't know what feces is and you do drugs then your probably too young to do drugs.

Originally posted by SlyFie
i hate the church. everyone expects u to be so goody goody when they arent themselves.
And no one expects you to be perfect, not even your parents that might not even know anything, and if you think they expect you to be perfect your wrong, because thats probably just something you've led yourself to believe. no one is perfect and any religious person knows that and if they don't then they should.

Chain3r-

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Christian?Haha...No

I'm not Christian, I'm Mormon.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
If you think drugs are a good thing your a idiot, alot of drugs are grown out of feces and if you don't know what feces is and you do drugs then your probably too young to do drugs.
There is only one drug grown out of feces, and you can wash them before you do it....

I agree drugs are bad for your health but that does not mean they are not fun. In moderation drugs are not bad.