No god...

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Are you going to have a funeral? If you believe that you just die and that's it, there's really no use for one.
People go to funerals to mourn, god is not an integral part of that process.

Ciphus

Member!
Reaction score
That's true. And I'm actually attending a funeral todya (saturday) of a lady that was cremated, so just becuase you are cremated doesn't mean there's no funeral.

I realize that funerals are to mourn, but they are also held in a church and usually refer to going on to a different place. Are you going to have your funeral somewhere other than a church?

Sorry if i'm being pushy or anything, I honestly am just curios.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I meant I wasn't going to have an open casket mass where everyone came and prayed and what not.

As my family is predominatlly christian I assuem I will end up having one if I like it or not...

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the only funeral i remember going to (i was old enough to remember i guess) was my grandpas. he had an open casket and everyone walked by looked at him for a sec or prayed or something then moved on. really as forged says it dont matter what you want really. your dead. its for your family. i could care less if you tossed my body in a ditch, or a volcano for that matter. im dead, do whatever the **** you want with my body i aint usin it. funerals are for the living.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ya good point amrtin77. i dont care if i have a funeral. but everyone else wouild care. i wouldnt be makin arragements, my friends would be.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah but some people have wierd supertitions and they really want a special funeral. I know someone that wants to be cremated then the ashes spread over somewhere. Yeah it's true that the funeral is mostly for friends and family, and I have no problem with that.

Chain3r-

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Forged
Mormon is a fundamintlist religon. You have to be radical to be allowed into the group...
Forged=Uneducated about Mormons

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no, mormans ARE pretty damn fanatical. thats the whole purpose of being morman. you dedicate your life to god.. you never step out of line of the book of morman and all those other books and bible things they have...

mormans are generaly good people.. but i cant stand them cuz they are too into their religion

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
Eh, I'm Christian and I really don't care what kind of funeral I have. I want to be cremated, though, because my grandma (the one I actually liked) died when I was like 11 and they had an open-casket funeral, and it creeped me out. Personally, I would rather not have a funeral....They're creepy, boring, and emotional, so I just don't like them in general. I think when I get around to writing my will I'll just tell everyone to do whatever they want with my ashes and then go play PS2 and drink Pepsi, because that's a lot more fun.

Chain3r-

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by amrtin77
no, mormans ARE pretty damn fanatical. thats the whole purpose of being morman. you dedicate your life to god.. you never step out of line of the book of morman and all those other books and bible things they have...

mormans are generaly good people.. but i cant stand them cuz they are too into their religion
First off its only the book of morman and bible. And for all you idiots, I'm morman and im constantly in trouble. And the purpose of Morman's arent to devote your life to god but to work towards his will (notice i didnt say devoted to work towards his will his will)

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
maybe you should learn a little bit more about your religion... im not an expert but my freind has been going to a morman church all his life and told me alot about it. it sounds pretty extreme to me. if you dont follow the rules for being a morman how can you call yourself one?

http://www.cofc.edu/~seay/mormonism.html theres something... it has a few books in your belief. when i saw them i remembered my freind talking about them. he finally quit his church.

Chain3r-

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Okay... This thread is about no god... but this is just about mormans now. As for me yes i have been going to a morman church all my life too. (about 14 years) and im sry i forgot one book "The pearl of great price" (something like that) that is normaly inside the book of morman. I follow a rules of mormans but theres always slip-ups. And for the last ****ing time, mormans are not extreme unless they have extreme parents. And usualy when the parents are extreme the kids end up hating the relegion even more. For me my parents are somewhat involved in the morman church. ANyways....everyone get back to the topic of this post. (im starting a thread for forged and all you other ppl who like to say how bad my church is) Happy?

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
did the book of mormon come for a hat and 2 stones like in south park. That was a funny episode.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if i remember correctly i think some dude supposedly got a vision telling him he will find and he will preach it, then it happens. he digs it out of the ground, reads it and angels take it away and he goes on to preach the religion... thats what i remember of it, maybe someone in here can correct any mistakes i may have made in that story.