• Total voters

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by SmashBros.Pro
Wrong...

I could win the game using nothing but Guards or nothing but marines, or Hydra's, but it won't always work. It's a good idea to get a mix of units and not just 1, but a stupid idea to get everything when you probaly wont need it.

Yes in some rare situation you could win with nothing but Guards or nothing but marines or hydras. (vs total newbies on BGH)

Attacks using single units will be picked apart within seconds.
(and you'll probably die on your way to guards)

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
SmashBros, did u know that on lost temple 4 tanks on a cliff can kill 50 marines?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bigbob4000
I voted for tanks...

I think 1 of the best strategies is tanks and valkary attacking together. Think about it tanks only attack ground and valk only attack air, together their almost "invicible" because the units that attack ground and air are weak because they spread their damage between the two. But a unit devoted fully to ground has maximum damage to the ground, and air the same thing. I dunno i might be crazy but thats just me.
This strategy is very good vs terran on island maps, but on land maps it is better to use tank + golliath drops in mid game and tanks + BCs in late game.

In TvZ M&M is better, and in TvP i allways use tanks + vultures & golls.

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
aka-47, is the new trend now BCs in the late game?
I always thought Goliath eats BC and Carriers for breakfast..

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
BC's suck.
No they dont.

wraiths are cool, but against zerg and overlords everywhere teh cloaking ability means nothing.
lol, in TvT wraiths can be used for killing SCVs at expansions and killing enemy units if he isnt expekting it. In TvZ u can do a 2-port wraith rush and kill overlords, so the zerg player cant make units and has to waste hundreds of minerals on new overlords. Against protoss, wraiths can be used as a counter for carriers.

and almost every toss player ive ever seen makes detectors.
Almost??? I have 10++ observers patrolling the map at all times.

only terrain air unit worth anything is the detector.
- Wraith > overlord
- Wraith > unprotected expansions
- Wraith (w. cloak) > carriers
- Valkyrie > muta
- Valkyrie > wraith
- BC + tanks is the only way to beat a good terran in late game
- BC + M&M + tank support is any zerg players nightmare in late game.
- SV is a must in TvZ, because of its lurker detection, defensive matrix and especially irradiate.
- And NO DROPSHIPS???

firebats only good for a rush. and almost no one rush's with terrain.
Firebats >>>>>>>>>>>> zerglings.

for the amount of money they cost.. i would take a few marines over goliaths. they just cost too much and take to long to make.. id rather take the time to make another siege tank than a goliath.
1 golliath can probarbly kill 5 marines. I never use M&M vs terran, metal > marines.

medic has changed the way ppl play terrain though. marines are sooo much more survivable now. only thing that can stop them are mass killers like lurkers/reevers/psi storm
No, many things can stop marines.

- Lurker
- Templar
- Dark templar
- Guardian
- Reavers
- Golliaths
- Siege tanks
- BCs
- Carriers
- Vultures
- queen + Hydra or muta (ensnare)

Example:
Toss v Zerg.
Toss uses a Zealot/Goon/DT combo.
Why get Scourge or Devs? Why not just get a couple of Defilers, Lings, and Lurker?
I did not mean use every unit in every game, i meant that sooner or later u have to use all the units because the enemy can counter u if u dont.

For an example, i almost always get queens in ZvZ (muta-ling + ensnare) and ZvT (broodling vs tanks, or ensnare if i muta-ling)

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Remiraz
aka-47, is the new trend now BCs in the late game?
I always thought Goliath eats BC and Carriers for breakfast..
The point of a BC + tank combo is, tanks eat golliaths for breakfast, while BCs kill tanks or other BCs. BCs is the unit with the most hp's in the game, and are really effective vs terran and also zerg (but not in large numbers vs zerg)

Carriers + zealots is very hard for a terran player to kill. Golliaths can kill carriers fairly easy, but not if they are over a cliff and u combine them with zealots.

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by AKA-47
The point of a BC + tank combo is, tanks eat golliaths for breakfast, while BCs kill tanks or other BCs. BCs is the unit with the most hp's in the game, and are really effective vs terran and also zerg (but not in large numbers vs zerg)

Carriers + zealots is very hard for a terran player to kill. Golliaths can kill carriers fairly easy, but not if they are over a cliff and u combine them with zealots.
Ah so BC + Tank is a TvT thing I reckon?
(Come to think of it, BCs may function like giant marines when with tanks...hmmm)

Carriers + Zealots AND Psi Storm is a bitch to deal with...incredible even against Zerg if the Carriers are mico-ed well.

Wasn't TvT always a Wraith war (with Tanks as icing~) ?
Guess I was away from BW for way too long lol.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
TvT is mostly drops in mid game, but a wraith + tanks combo is very effective, i often use it. In late game however, u have to get BCs + tanks or the enemy will waste u.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Firebats are good for killing drones and zerglings, not for frontal attacks.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Marines suck vs terran, and wont work vs toss in mid/late game.

Twisted_Sniper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by SkuZZy
Well, if you wanna get technical about it, the SCV is the best, cause without the SCV, ghosts couldn't be created :) But I won't get technical. The tank is the best IMO. Without the tank, terrans would be nothing. Tank is one of the best weapons in the game and nothing like it compares to it... the only thing remotely close to it is the reaver..... or the guardian (for air)... but the tank shoots faster and does more damage and has good splash, plus moves alot faster than a reaver. Ghost is good, but ghosts suck against heavy armored units (I once saw an ultra take down like 15 ghosts by himself)... nuke is ok, but who uses it? Rarely anyone... anyways, my vote goes to Tank!

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I live in europe. And yes, i do visit the forums at 2 am. Actually, now its 6 am, i think i should get some sleep =O

lordson

Member!
Reaction score
Australia, Melbourne Rules Sydney is a hole
i think you guys are underestimating firebats
they are pretty storng
16 damage

fairly crap HP, but i could use them to leaed a frontal attack
hold off those damn hydras, wile my ghosts pump them full of lead

and i've sed it once, ill say it again
marines are really crap!
its tragic really
they're so pathertically weak
the only thing thier good for is to blunt the enemy while your tanks and gloatihs finsh em off

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I voted marines because i like marines :p

U need them all tough...

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by AKA-47
SmashBros, did u know that on lost temple 4 tanks on a cliff can kill 50 marines?
Well duh.. But what kinda person uses Marines in late game? I only use Marines for rushes or to combo with tanks I've necer used them for anything else. Firebats are good for drops, cuz they can really mess up someones miners.
Vultures are bad ass too, I'm surprised nobody picked them. Spider Mines are what make them so lovable and they are cheap, only 25 more mineral than marines.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I can get 2 tanks + a dropship in less than 5 minutes, that is early game.