Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Tank

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters

Fist_of_Krosa

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Marine is the best ground unit when used properly, AND THEY MUST BE USED PROPERLY, for example they must be upgraded. A 3/3 with stim shell and medics can 1v1 hydras and possibly zealots.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend using M&M in late game TvP... And in TvT it is asking to get ur ass kicked, metal wastes M&M.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
You need Medics & Marines when facing off with the Zerg.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Thats why u have tanks and science vessels for backup, ever heard of micro?

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
He said M&M vs. Zerg, he said nothing about Tanks or SV's, and yes I have heard of micro, but it wont save your ass from 8 burrowed Lurkers if you went M&M and I would have backup Scourge like I always have, just incase someone gets the idea of Irradidate.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Lurkers are so easy to get, so no matter what, they can do serious damage to anyone without detectors. SV is a must in almost all games, comsat is gay.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Anytime

Comsat is a must in early game i reckon. I 90% of the time try to get it. Just in case they kill the SV or Turrets

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
A complete guide to Terran vs Zerg for the people who just cant get it:

9 depot 10 rax 11 rax, marines from the start. Refinery at 12, factory as soon as u get 100 gas. Academy right after the factory. Attack as soon as u get 12 rines and 2 medics (if he masses lings get some bats). If he sunkens up at fast exp pull back. Add a comsat station as soon as the accademy is done. U need it for early lurkers and for scouting. When the factory is done, get a starport and science facility right after the port is done. Dont bother to build tanks this soon. Add 1 or 2 more raxes and keep making marines and medics. If he makes mutas, make a bunker by ur SCVs. Start making tank backup and research irradiate at this time.

In mid game, get an expansion. Keep scouting the map with comsat stations (these should be hot keyed), u should ALLWAYS know exactly where the enemy expands, and zerg will have a lot of expansions. Keep making mass M&M and tanks/vessels for backup. Keep killing enemy expansions, either with frontal attacks, cliff dropps, or M&M drops directly on the exps. Micro the vessels and kill scourges with marines.
U should take the mineral-only expansion too because zergs tend to get a lot of units in mid/late game. Bunkers should be added around ur exps to hold off attacks long enough for u to send backup and transfer SCVs.

In late game the enemy will either:
A) Keep massing hydra/lurk and add guardians. To counter this get extra science vessels with irradiate to kill guardians.
B) Ultras + lings in dark swarm. To counter this, get extra tanks.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Thanks AKA-47. I printed that out and will use it. I need to hone my terran skills better.
Any chance in you doing one vsing Protoss or Terran?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Read Ryu's post "Terran Strategies", he described the basics of each MU.

Mange

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Definately the Goliath. In almost any game it can dominate. Especially in UMS games but if your playin melee its different. If you get a lot golz and you're up against any unit you can most likely win over them easily.