Ultimate Router Help FAQ

thebird

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hosting games

Hey aragorn it usually lets me host my own custom games on Wc3:FT but one an a while it will not work. It is pretty much on and off. If you know whats wrong plz tell me. Thanks

homestar333

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i cant get the filters page to work on the linksys routers but i took out the /filters and i get somewhere that says setup and i go to internet gaming or spmthing and i dont know that to do

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Re: hosting games

Originally posted by thebird
Hey aragorn it usually lets me host my own custom games on Wc3:FT but one an a while it will not work. It is pretty much on and off. If you know whats wrong plz tell me. Thanks
Hmm...on and off... I have no clue what could be causing it. Are you absolutely sure that it doesn't work sometimes? Also, do you have any other computers hosting WC3 games at the same time?

Originally posted by homestar333
i cant get the filters page to work on the linksys routers but i took out the /filters and i get somewhere that says setup and i go to internet gaming or spmthing and i dont know that to do
Ok, if you found the page you think you should be at, go to the linksys help page. I do not have a linksys, so I can't really help you. However, if you find anything that says battle.net or internet gaming you are probably at the right page.

kadylo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hey guys....

i was wondering if you could help me with LANCRAFT i use it and it works fin i can connecto to all my friends lan games...

BUT my friends CANT connect to mine...

i know this has something to do with my router....
I am allready able to Host Custom Games on Bnet because port 6112 is open I was wondering if i actually need to have a different Port open so that my friends can join my game using LANCRAFT...

thxs in advance for all you help !

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by kadylo
hey guys....

i was wondering if you could help me with LANCRAFT i use it and it works fin i can connecto to all my friends lan games...

BUT my friends CANT connect to mine...

i know this has something to do with my router....
I am allready able to Host Custom Games on Bnet because port 6112 is open I was wondering if i actually need to have a different Port open so that my friends can join my game using LANCRAFT...

thxs in advance for all you help !
Nope, you are all set. Make sure that all of the other players have their routers configured. Also, if any players are 56k, it will not work.

If all else fails, use BattleLAN and Lancraft together. I have found that using them together yields interesting results. :D

kadylo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmmm DAMN it my m8 is on 56k.... so is there a way so that both him and me can play...

mabey using battle lan as well ???

if there is no way i am disapointed :(

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by kadylo
hmmm DAMN it my m8 is on 56k.... so is there a way so that both him and me can play...

mabey using battle lan as well ???

if there is no way i am disapointed :(
You can certainly try...but using BattleLAN or Lancraft seperately (from personal experience i say this) will not work. Using them together might have a chance of working, although, I have no clue.

kadylo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thanks for your help dude...

but would u be able to tell me where i can get Battlelan and a quick explaination on how to use them in conjuntion with each other....

i am really intrested in giving this a shot...

kadylo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ahhhh

it still is not working and it wont work even with people that arent 56k....

whatam i doing wrong..

AND where can i find Battlelan

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Like I said, if Lancraft doesn't work alone use battlelan.

I will see if I can attach the battle lan file.

Here is how battlelan works:

1. Battlelan sends out SERVER information to all of the people on your IP list
2. When the clients have WC3 open in Local Area Network, they will see the game because the server information was forwarded to them.
3. Then the clients should be able to join the game.

Lancraft works like this:
1. All of the clients use a small program to connect to a certain IP
2. However, the host must be hosting the game for this to work

As you can see, they both work in completely opposite ways. Use them together. The person hosting uses BattleLan and all of the clients use Lancraft to connect.

Here use this link:
http://www.infoceptor.com/files/warcraft3.shtml

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yes...I am currently aware of that. However, I do not know how many routers that FAQ actually can configure. If this guide doesn't help you, try that guide if you wish.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
You should be able to download stuff off of Kazaa fine without configuring your router. Possibly you won't be able to upload...but downloading should work fine.

C

cr@zycr@cker

hey aragorn7, i was trying to set up my router to host games on b-net. in ur linksys help section the page link doesnt take u anywhere. i tried it on 3 comp. and still got nothig. do u have any ideas... i know u dont have linksys. so what ever u got that could help would be helpful.

C

cr@zycr@cker

Linksys Routers:

Type this into the adress bar: http://192.168.1.1/Filters.htm (Alternative: http://192.168.1.1/)

You will be prompted for a username and password. By default there is no username, and the password is admin. Once you've gotten past the log in you should be at the filters tab. Go to the Forwarding tab, then click on the Port Triggering button. Once you've done this, a new window will appear. Type in the ports like it says in this page. Click apply and, all done!

when i tried the page link part, it didnt take me anywhere. does any1 know what this link says to do

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
http://192.168.1.1/Filters.htm

^This link sends you to the Filters.htm page that is on your router^

http://192.168.1.1/

^This is the alternative if you have a different type of router than I expected^

However, EITHER of those links could not work IF the default gateway address on your router has been changed. I can't help you out if it has been. =(

However, if you are at home, and it was changed...that means someone in the house must know something about routers and networking. Talk to that person about configuring your router to allow connections to port 6112.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by crazy-man
when i do it i can't find a "Forwarding tab" and the page for filters is http://192.168.1.1/Filters.asp i'm not sure if this is different type of linksys router or not....
I am guessing it is a different Linksys router. Probably a wireless one or something. But that is probably the page you need to be at. Look around for tabs like "Port Forwarding", "Special Applications", and "Applications". You are pretty much on your own, since there are so many different linksys routers available on the market, and I don't even own one of them.

Go here if you get stuck:

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=msi0549p

Remember you have to open up port 6112 for outbound (TCP) and inbound (UDP) connections.

www.linksys.com