Ultimate Router Help FAQ

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: riight , you really beleive this noob?¿

Originally posted by lonelyhomie2003
ill prove it.. go to blizzard.nets webite and scam around for help on routers itll tell you.. nice ta know your tryin to help n not scam at least..
You are correct about one thing, I am not asking for your money. I did this for the good of the community.

One thing you didn't notice, is that this guide is a lot more in depth. It talks about how to configure each generally popular router type, unlike the bnet site. It also puts into all one easy to read guide that doesn't have a lot of technical mumbo jumbo. I did this all from my knowledge and I do admit (since I don't own every router explained in this guide) that I had to use some sites to help me create some of this.

However, I would like to repeat, that I did not take anything from the battle.net site at all. There is no reason to give them credit when I didn't take anything from them. Routers are common knowledge all around the internet, it is just how it is all put together that matters.

D

djvinylmatt

help

hi guys,
im having some trouble setting up my router to allow me to host a game and allow my other pc's on my lan to join my game (on battle.net).
i am able to host games with no problems at all, its only my other lan pc's that cant join.
I run xp on all pc's and have a Netgear DG834G Wireless ADSL Firewall Router and a Switch.
I have setup port forwarding for 6112, 6113, 6114 for the 3 different pc's so far.
I have also tried running a IP Relay application to relay port 6112 on one computer straight onto the other lan ip address on its port.

On our previous setup where Internet Connection Sharing was seutp on one of the computers to share it with the rest of the LAN, It could host games and other LAN users and WAN users could join.

Does somebody have a solution for this problem?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Are you sure you don't have any other 3rd party firewalls installed on any of your computers?

Such as Norton Internet Security, or Windows XP Firewall?

If you do, disable them before trying to play. That helps a lot (in my experience).

D

djvinylmatt

No firewalls are active.
port 6112 goes to one pc, 6113 goes to another and 6114 goes to another etc.
I've also changed the port in the gameplay options on each of the computers.
I believe that is what enabled us to host but LAN computers still cant join.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
It really makes me wonder if it is a firmware issue. I would recommend going to your routers homepage and seeing if anyone else has these problems. Also, check blizzard's site. They might have something on it.

If all else fails, email blizzard technical support.

N

nucl34r

Ok, I have a linksys router. I have done this before, but for some reason now, I can't get to the filters.htm page. We did get a new cable modem box, but I just can't get to the router page anymore...any ideas?

C

cyberdevil3110

Hi! I tried to config my router! But it doesn´t work! What did i wrong? ;(

Modem: Thomson Speedtouch
Router: Digitus Network

What do i have to do exactly?
I need help! Hope for it! Thx & cya

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by cyberdevil3110
Hi! I tried to config my router! But it doesn´t work! What did i wrong? ;(

Modem: Thomson Speedtouch
Router: Digitus Network

What do i have to do exactly?
I need help! Hope for it! Thx & cya
That is beyond the scope of this guide. Check with the router's manufacturer's website to configure your router.

hottay_9812

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
linksys router

although u did not help me much i thought i would tell all you ppl with linksys routers that u go to thism site http://192.168.1.1/filters.asp and after u go there go to the web site thta tells u what to do http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101145.asp i just thought i's help out the ppl with linksys......W00T LINKSYS OWNS!:shoot (ALL OTHER ROUTERS!)

the only difference mine has frum aragorns is thta my link works :0

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
oh yea, hottay, do u know why linksys make my connection go off like every 15 min? I JUS LOST LADDER (i had 1 more building to get) FROM DISCING!!! GODDAMN IT.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by N_LeGeNd)
oh yea, hottay, do u know why linksys make my connection go off like every 15 min? I JUS LOST LADDER (i had 1 more building to get) FROM DISCING!!! GODDAMN IT.
My friend has been having the same problems. I suggest you upgrade your firmware. That might fix it.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
how do u upg firm ware? and do you mean by that Firmware as "my linksys" in this case?

mapper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ZyXEL

:rollie :rollie :rollie LOL :rollie :rollie :rollie

Every time the same question "Why can't i host? The port 6112 didn't works!!! I have the ZyXEL Router....." and so on.... Easy only use the ports 6112-6119 Then it must work..

BDBOY11

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have done this for my roughter but every time i want to host i have to do it again ! what can i do to save the seatings?

SoNiC_tHe_IgEl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.kotzwuerg.de.vu
Originally posted by BDBOY11
i have done this for my roughter but every time i want to host i have to do it again ! what can i do to save the seatings?
first of all :
what is a roughter?
2. if u mean router than say what kind of router than u can get help ;)

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
hey people if you are impatient just go the the routers' makers' websites

AmericanShadows

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this worked for me i can now host but i still have a problome. every time i wana host i have to re do that opening of the ports. how can i fix that?!?! (i have a linksys)
as allways :shoot:shoot:shoot B.net

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by AmericanShadows
this worked for me i can now host but i still have a problome. every time i wana host i have to re do that opening of the ports. how can i fix that?!?! (i have a linksys)
as allways :shoot:shoot:shoot B.net
You should be able to save your settings? I am not sure why this is happening, your settings should stay the same the entire time. Unless you are constantly unplugging your router or something.