Ultimate Router Help FAQ

xlxlx

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thx for your answer but i dont think thats the right step ..
take a look on the pic thats the next step ...

dorrin23

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.rananeb.net
Just checked Netgear's website. Assuming that you have a wired router, check here for instructions on how to configure Port Forwarding (model specific, don't have a netgear router, I've always preferred Linksys) model number will be either on the bottom of router, or on back of router.

dorrin23

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.rananeb.net
Originally posted by æ,WªŸ§_ØÑ
hey i tried the website and it didnt work.... :-( i wanna host games so bad... mines linksys
Which Linksys router do you have? I have one at home, and I might be able to point you in the right direction...

xlxlx

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah i think that is the right step "advanced internet"
BUT please take a look at the pic and tell me how i do that ..
there are starcraft and something like that .. but no battlent must i add that or something like that ?!

pleas please tell me how i do that !!

thx

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by xlxlx
yeah i think that is the right step "advanced internet"
BUT please take a look at the pic and tell me how i do that ..
there are starcraft and something like that .. but no battlent must i add that or something like that ?!

pleas please tell me how i do that !!

thx
Enabling the starcraft one should do it. Starcraft uses the same ports as WC3.

xlxlx

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thx but it doesnt work ... hmm ... i have put a "x" before starcraft but it doesnt work .. :(
and i have put in the list "battlenet" with port 6112 but it doesnt work too ...
perhaps i must change anything by "Select an Application" there age of empaires and i can chose more but not starcraft or something like that ...

PLZ TAKE A LOOK AT THE PICTURE THX !!

D

DragonSlayerIV

you can put pix? LOL i 4got...well here is how i did my forwaring.

dorrin23

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.rananeb.net
I could be wrong, but a port can't be BOTH TCP and UDP. Usually you have to fill out a line for each.

As an example (not knowing exactly what ports are needed for battlenet) the first line should show the following:

Battlenet ports 6112 6112 with UDP checked off, affecting the address for YOUR computer (not the address of the router), and enabled should be checked off.

I changed the picture you sent to reflect an example of what your router screen should look like.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
The cool thing about Dlink is that you can put both TCP and UDP. You don't have to mess around with adding multiple lines of rules. :D

dorrin23

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.rananeb.net
haven't tried it on my Linksys at home, not completely sure if it would allow both to be open on the same line or not. And it's not as if Linksys' documentation is very clear on that :rollie

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Ya, don't ya just love Linksys...lol.

xlxlx

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
but what is with me ?! must i make a liste too ?! but i have not so many lines for bttlnet (take a look at my picture) ...
there a 2 lines free ... or can i delte the other ?!
and what is that by "Incoming Ports: Start, Finish" and "Outcoming Ports: Start, Finish"
i dont must there wirte all 6112 ?! or what must i do ...

plz help me ...

thx

dorrin23

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.rananeb.net
You should be able to do a range on each line, similar to what was shown for the linksys, can't remember what the user's name was...one line for UDP, and another line for TCP, since it appears that you can't use one line for both. but again, READ the documentation from D-link (i believe that was your router's manufactorer) and double-check. If you don't understand the directions, make use of Google's Translation tool

Translation Tool

DDM_CARNAGE

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Router Help:

Aragorn, thanks for all this. You made it so easy to do thanks man. Aperitiate it!

____________________________________________________ More people should be like you.:D

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
If you are using multiple computers you need to configure it differently.