Things not to do & How to get back at scammers

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
FlamingIce said:
If any mods are reading this, my brother is a moderator on the edge of nowhere, and he makes fun of me for not being a mod,so i would be glad to be a moderator on this site. :baby
Brown nosing in an old sticky with obvious information isn't going to get you brownie points ;) Stick around for a while if you want to be considered. Let's put it this way though, it normally takes about 3-4+++ months of heavy activity to even get considered. But being a mod is gay and I don't even know why you would subject yourself to such...humiliation.

As for using a scammed account as a mule, only if the scammer is even nubber than the one scammed. Loot and ditch is key ;)

But wait, the only people stupid enough to fall for the majority of such scams don't have anything worth stealing. What? A Sigon set? What's that worth nowadays anyway...a minor healing potion?

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
jd-inflames said:
Brown nosing in an old sticky with obvious information isn't going to get you brownie points ;) Stick around for a while if you want to be considered. Let's put it this way though, it normally takes about 3-4+++ months of heavy activity to even get considered. But being a mod is gay and I don't even know why you would subject yourself to such...humiliation.

As for using a scammed account as a mule, only if the scammer is even nubber than the one scammed. Loot and ditch is key ;)

But wait, the only people stupid enough to fall for the majority of such scams don't have anything worth stealing. What? A Sigon set? What's that worth nowadays anyway...a minor healing potion?
Your almost right jd,i recently got an extremely weak account(with 3 sigon sets on it) hacked and i found out that it had an ice facet, occy, shako, 303 defense lidless and 48 frosties!!!(and a few mf sc) and a 31 gheeds(i know it sux)
So in conclusion, if scammers get an old acct and see that you haven't been on it to change pass, they will use it for mule, i gave the acct away after i got the items! man ima do it all over again!

Urza208

Member!
Reaction score
Its always fun to just go into games where others are being scammed.. and save their neck. Whisper to everyone who looks like they actually mgiht do it. The scammer will get mad and yell at you to leave lmao :)

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
or just spam SCAMMER everytime u see game like free mh lawl

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
When you trade, trade with someone that will give you a fair deal. Trust no one!

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
Flamingice said:
Your almost right jd,i recently got an extremely weak account(with 3 sigon sets on it) hacked and i found out that it had an ice facet, occy, shako, 303 defense lidless and 48 frosties!!!(and a few mf sc) and a 31 gheeds(i know it sux)
In a thread based on ridding the d2 community of scammers you sure set a good example...that guy will never play d2 again now.

Reaction score
lol

xXMaD_SkiLLzXx said:
there is also a lot of games sayin fre zephyr, then with a number after it, i am getting sorda suspicious bout these games, i am not a noob, but jsut wondering y this happens, plz reply, thx

Wow i made that game......Zephyr is a Runeword bow.....(ORT-ETH) wow cant believe it was supposed to be a scam.....

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
when ur trading, always check the item again.. people go like.. 1 sec.. then they pop up a gemmed cap instead of shako or something.

i got scammed a soj that way

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
wizspiker said:
when ur trading, always check the item again.. people go like.. 1 sec.. then they pop up a gemmed cap instead of shako or something.

i got scammed a soj that way
Ditto :umm :mellow

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
and, some times 2 friends will join a game, one will say DoomBringer here.. and the other one will say Nigma 4 Doombringer.. and try and get u to pay good crap 4 doombringer

killaklown

Member!
Reaction score
im actually creating a huge guide on my website right now (forum)

One scam i never saw on there yet is:

Someone makes an account, has a bunch of high levels, then he goes into a game or chat and says 'first person to whisper me gets my account' because there quitting or something, someone will whisper you and they will tell you the account name and password, but they will log off before they tell you the email (or they may give you the email, but the password on the email will be different, or it would be the same but it would have a secret question to change the email password) Then after a few months, the scammer will log back into that account, and check the items on it. If there are items that are worth something, they will take them and put them on their mule. If there has been no activity they will probably give it away again.

Dont fall for this scam, it was popular a long time ago.

andrewexd

Member!
Reaction score
^ i remember someone gave me his accnt I didnt even bother equpping it though. I usually dont fall for scams except maybe the drop trade I only lost 2 trap gcs but dont do it unless ur trading with a close friend or torch trades. Also I didnt read this all but someone will say unid Coa for 1 soj. Coa is a corona and they will show you a crown/great crown. Also the "I dont have space" scam they will repeaditly say they dont have space and you get so annoyed u just click the green box when you see the item, Make sure its the item My brother lost 12 sojs beacuse of this.