Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Things Not To Do

Things Not To Do To Keep Ur Self From Losing Ur Stuff
*============================================*
-*NEVER DL FROM A LINK SUM1 SENDS U OR ADVERTISES*
if u do n u wanna test it scan it for netdevil or other forein hacks n test it with a friend u can trust or with a testing account

-*Dont get angry during duels n get careless, sum1 might get smart n lay items on the ground to pop u*

-*Dont go to games titled duper here or sumthing like that.... no duper will dupe items for free its *ALWAYS* a scam or sumthing

-*Dont tell many pplz that u use map hack or *any* hack/cheat, because if they get angry they can get a screenshot of wut u said n send it to b.net n b.net can either delete/ban ur account or clear ur inventroy(it happend 2 me so trust me)
*============================================*
errrrrrr sticky if u want i dunt think its long enuff

any other sugesstions? plz post if u do.....

azk12000

Member!
Reaction score
another one, it is surprising how many people forget this.

when u log on it say blizz will never ask for your account pass, this is the truth, dont get sucked into those scams sayin that they r blizz asking for ur pass and acc so ur acc dont get deleted or something

XShadowKnightX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol yea fergot that but whos stupid enuff 2 fall for tat i *NEVER* heard of anyone falling for that cus blizzard has da warniing in red print on da area where ur create/join game window should b wen u 1st enter.... but yea gj :)

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
okay, here are some scams!

1) never trust anyone if they say they can make a soj. sojs can be found, but not "made" (except for duping)
2)this one not so comon but still: someone will whisper you that you can find your kill:death rtio. theyll ask you to give this information : *account name *password *level
never fall for this.
3) you can get messages saying today at 3:00 you have to change your password to "doggy" (or something) otherwise your account gets deleted.
4) someone will say "there is a hack going on, and only i can fix it before it infects your computer. all i need is your password so i could fix it."

and if you ever see a scammer plase report him! help stop scamming!

Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
-*NEVER DL FROM A LINK SUM1 SENDS U OR ADVERTISES*
if u do n u wanna test it scan it for netdevil or other forein hacks n test it with a friend u can trust or with a testing account
Its not even a good idea to test them because if its a trojan it can still be in your computer and it may have a keylogger installed in your regestrys somewhere

Only download from trusted sites such as my own..and some others!

Raidenshi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
bsgames.2ya.com
Theres one more scam you guys for got about... the thief guilds... whenever they tell you its a matter of trust they'll have someone already a member act as a noob and drop all on the ground wait 5 secs, then pick it up and tell you to do the same, then when you do it the local scor with shock you. Don't forget that one, but I never wanted to join a guild or clan.

Dakhion

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Always watch for the switcheroo when trading....If someone puts up the item you want to trade for, then removes it, then puts it up again, BE SURE to re-look at it before hitting the check!

DrakenX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
also the trap one, if a sin asks u to go on oppisite side of the rouge wall and drop an item to prove ur trustworthy... DONT DO IT!!! or dont drop anything good (like a potion), if he is gonna scam u hell go hostile right away without lookin at item, and the traps he placed beforehand will go off and kill.

-Draken

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Again...How to get back at Scammers!!

I originally posted this before BattleForums was hacked into. Because of what happened, my account was deleted, so was this post. Luckily I had saved some of it to Notepad.

There are tons of ways that people will try to scam you, so here's some ways on how you can get them back....

1.) People will try to tell you that you can see your rank by typing in /dnd "accnt name and pass". We'll they are lying. Tell them you'll do it and type in your username and a random word or insult (but not ur pass). Blizzard makes it clear that they will never ask you for your password.
Scammers will also tell you that they are quitting Diablo and will give you there account if your rank is high enough. They'll also say to type /dnd...again, don't believe it.
If you really wanna get them good, create a new account. Put decent stuff on there and work the character's up some. Fall for the trick on purpose. Wait for a few days or so and email Blizzard saying that your account was stolen or you can't remember your password. Blizzard give you instruction on how to get your account back. Check your account, and if you're luck the person has used it for a mule. Take their stuff and put it on your real account...serves them right for scamming anyway.

2.) You've seen those game named "I can dupe". Don't ever give them anything important that you don't want to lose. Buy something from a NPC and give it to them. Tell them that you want so many of the item for proof then you'll let them dupe your windforce/grandfater/..etc. When they can't do it, let everyone else know that they're scamming.

3.) "I make SOJ" "occy maker here"....no, they're just trying to trick you too. They'll tell u to download at from some "occymaker.tk....whatever site". DON"T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING!! The better scammers will have more than one person with them. That person will pretend to have gotten sojs, occys, or whatever and run around in circles, show u the rings, etc. Play along......say you are gonna download it. Fill your inventory full of stuff and buy a crap belt from Charasi that only holds 4 or 8 pots, but don't put it on yet. Ask for the site again and just sit there. Don't move ur character. After a minute or so ask if u need to open it up. When they say yes. Wait a few seconds....then type "What's happening!!!"
Bam, switch ur belt for the crap belt out and drop all ur potions. (Inventory must be full of items for potions to drop) Watch them run up and click on ur potions without even thinking about it. Put ur belt back on and drop the crap belt. From that point, either stay and let people know they are scamming or leave...either way, lots of fun!

4.) People will tell you that they can help you dupe your item by killing you. Don't believe them..they're trying to make you POP and drop everything that you are wearing. They'll tell you to let them kill you. Play along and let them kill you. Then they'll say to fill your inventory full of potions, antidotes, scrolls, etc (sometimes even put an other armor) Then when you try to pick up your stuff, you might drop some of it b/c u don't have room, or if they kill you again you'll drop it all....DON"T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU! When they tell you to fill up with potions, etc. don't do it...say you did. Let them killing you thinking you'll pop, but you never do. Eventually they'll figure it out and you can make fun of them for trying to scam you.

5.) There will be some games where people tell you that they will help you transfer items off of mules. This is the sadest trick of all. What I like to do for these special scammers is really fun. Buy some crap items from a NPC and tell the person to hold them for you. Say that you'll give them one of your spare wf's or gf's. Then leave the game...but don't go back. With luck, they'll stay there holding worthless items thinking you'll come back. Congrads, you wasted their time and showed them how gullible they really are.

6.) Watch out for those players who want to trade items/dupe/or whatever with you in Act 2. If they tell you to go inside building where Atma is sometimes...don't do it. If you go in there and drop in item by the window, it will actually drop outside where the other player (the one scamming you) can pick it up. Bottom line is...if someone does this to you, don't drop an item that you wouldn't want to lose! Drop a potion, gold, or something just to throw them off.

Things you never do with a scammer
  • never tell your real password
  • never give them anyting good to dupe...because they really can't
  • never ask them how they dupe or if they could tell you how to do it
  • never download anything from any website they give you
  • never follow their instructions completely
  • never transfer items with them....it's just stupid to do it
  • never let them know that you know that they are scamming until the end

Things to do with a scammer
  • give them false information
  • ask plenty of questions
  • ask them to retype websites (for # 3)
  • let them kill you time after time after time until they figure it out (for #4)
  • LAUGH, because their scam/dupe isn't working on you
  • after you've had your fun, let them know that you were fooling with them

-edit-
I corrected and reworded some sentences. :D
-edit-
I fixed some typos. :)

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i still hate you :p

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I know you do....u probably deleted my account didn't you?
j/k :D
Congrads on being a mod now.

indysk8er19

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi there.
was just going to ask if the "i drop you drop" games are scams, i see them quit often! thank you for the help above by the way, i plan on using some of those helpful hints

another noob question for ya actually,
what is a fair price to ask for unid eth titans?

thanks

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh, I forgot about the "i drop u drop" games. Those actually depend on who all is in there. There are some players that have programs that'll pick up anything around them faster than you have time to click your mouse button. I think the program is "grabbit" (or something close). I don't ever go into these games b/c I've never picked up anything good. You can tell if a person has grabbit by, the item not even hitting the ground....you can hear them toss it, but you never see it hit the ground. If someone like that is in the game, I do not drop or even try to pick anything up. There will be some who do drop items, but they'll go off to where no one is and drop it....then expect you to drop your stuff saying that they did drop theirs. I tend to stay away from those games now, but sometimes you can go in there and get good trades

As for the unid eth titans....no clue. Make a thread in the Open Market forum and ask there.

Naruto

Member!
Reaction score
By the time you notice, it will be too late.
Website
Visit site
oh ya dont forget the /dnd password to dupe. /dnd sets a away message so when the person messages you they will get you password... and the one where they tell you to fill your inventory up then hold something, most likely arrows. They will then kill you and you corpse will pop and all your items will fall to the ground. very common in those hex dupe games. also usually this is done in groups of 2 or more, so just because 1 or 2 people say they got hexes from it dont fall for it...

fenix_dragoon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have to post one more scam that has come to my attention. A person in a channel gives you a tempting offer to join his/her clan.When you get to the game they're in, they ask you to participate on "initiation"(By the way, this kind of scam is done with a sorceress.). The sorceress will go on the outside of the rogue camp and drop his/her stuff on the ground and count to ten. The sorceress will then ask you to do it. DON'T. When you drop your stuff the sorceress will teleport in and rab it while you're counting.

xXMaD_SkiLLzXx

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
there is also a lot of games sayin fre zephyr, then with a number after it, i am getting sorda suspicious bout these games, i am not a noob, but jsut wondering y this happens, plz reply, thx