Things not to do & How to get back at scammers

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
From what I've experienced, they are people who are botting or doing mf runs that want the bosses to be harder. The harder the boss, the better stuff he liable to drop.

foolz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah, heres one, its almost like that one up above there too

ur in a trade with someone and they put up the item u want, and u put up urs, then he'll decline, then he'll trade again, put item up, u put urs up, then he'll decline again, then he'll do it again, and then after u get so impatient of him doing it, u put ur weapon up quick and hit accept while he switches a weapon with the same look, and get u... don't fall for that, still no matter what always hoover ur mouse over the item ur getting before u accept.

Gorillaz

Member!
Reaction score
Number one thing to do would be DONT DO DRUGS!! Thank you.

~Just be smart (For some people it's just not that easy)~

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dakhion
Always watch for the switcheroo when trading....If someone puts up the item you want to trade for, then removes it, then puts it up again, BE SURE to re-look at it before hitting the check!
ya this happend to me once, only a little different. i was offering an ok helm and he offered an ammy and we both put accept but his inventory was full enough that he couldn't hold it. he went to his stash and then came back with an indentical ammy that sucked but i didn't see it and i wanted to get the trade over with so i clicked accept and got ripped off. damn i don't like those people........this is what i think of them:
:mallet

i'm shocked :shocked that someone would do that kind of stuff...

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Um, I can't tell you too much about botting b/c I've never done it. I MF on my own without a program playing the game for me. Botting is: using a way to preform countless runs to Meph and Pindle with a sorc (with high amount of MF) to get them to drop better magic/unique/rare items. Go to the Botting & Editors Forum for more info.

¥ôÜ §úçK

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
its also fun 2 use coler hack and talk in red at em sayin im goin 2 hack ur accnt or sumpin of the sort they run pretty fast

dudemare

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how do u use coulor hack is it a program like a bot or somtin i am not a noob but i just wanna know cause i need it lol

youwillbeowned

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its actually fun if u make up a password that seems real, lol. They'll just waste their time by logging out and try it.

Urza

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
don't forget that whole thing with atma in act 2.......if someone asks you to go inside the house and drop an item, it will drop on the other side of the wall and they can get it.....of course, a better solution would be not to look for dupe games in the first place, but still.....

xh4ck3rx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey, how about the trade hack? :) ONLY trade 1:1, and make your own trade games. Also, if someone drops while in trade with you, go to your stash (this will screw up any trade hack attempt.)

citre

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OK, here's a little problem. When you put some good items on an account and give them the password, a few weeks later you call up Blizz to change the pass. Pretty much every scammer won't be stupid enough to leave the items on your account, they'll mule it to their account As Soon As Possible. Giving items to a scammer is not a good way to get back at them. Another thing, anyone who doesn't know a sorc can't teleport deserves to get there items taken or have pure crap items and the scammer won't even bother trying to take them because they're worthless.

azn-devil

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Someone told me about this scam. It happened to my friend, can anyone tell me if its true or not?This is how it goes. 1 or 2 people spam a game name saying that there going to give out free items. People come into the game and the 1 or 2 scammer say "I got free items for who ever vote for me for clan leader". They give out a website where somthing is setup so that it looks like a poll for a clan leader. But when you submit your vote downloads a program instead and all your items drop. Is this true or jus bs?

silentbob987

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Quote: from some ****

Ok i was in the bnet trade channel on uswest and saw a guy selling hex vitas via paypal.I noticed he wasn't a real store (didn't have a website) , so i thought to myself,"i bet i could scam this guy." now keep in mind, i've been scamming people for get rich quick ideas since day 1 on battle net. but my plan went as follows and it worked 3 times on the same seller with 3 of my own acct in about the time of 1 hour. i messaged him and said i would buy 40 hexs for $25.00,he then told me his paypal acct which i wrote down.i then said i needed to wait for my mom to "ok" this purchase (which is a lie ^^) and to give me about 15 min, which of course he says "ok". i then go to trade channels ,clan channels,and cow channels makeing a spam i was selling an obscene ammount of hexs for $25.00 on paypal (i think i said 200 hex vitas).finally i got a "buyer" i ask for his paypal acct and first name (which i got right away this is for later) told him the "real" sellers paypal acct. and wait for him to say he sent his money.i then message "real" seller stating i made my payment. he always asked my paypal acct (which i had of course) and he confirmed it. i got my 40 hexs and left the poor noob $25.00 poor and totally stunned did this in 1 night for about 2 hours got 3 "buyers" and made 120 hexs. kinda hard to pull off but very worth it and my personal imput.....better than trade hacking!!!(which i also do)

Watch out for ****s like this dont buy from people on the net with out a professional site and shit

citre

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it is possible, but i doubt it. there's a scam that involves activex. right when you enter the site, it uploads a trojan to yur comp, then runs it. but why would they make it so when you click Submit, why not right when you load the site?!

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by azn-devil
Someone told me about this scam. It happened to my friend, can anyone tell me if its true or not?This is how it goes. 1 or 2 people spam a game name saying that there going to give out free items. People come into the game and the 1 or 2 scammer say "I got free items for who ever vote for me for clan leader". They give out a website where somthing is setup so that it looks like a poll for a clan leader. But when you submit your vote downloads a program instead and all your items drop. Is this true or jus bs?
It's probably true b/c everyone's getting more creative in trying to trick people to download trojans. I think that's it's sad that they put so much effort into it. Don't trust anyone except the people who you know. The whole idea of clans is silly to me. I just don't see the point it it...

Originally posted by citre
it is possible, but i doubt it. there's a scam that involves activex. right when you enter the site, it uploads a trojan to yur comp, then runs it. but why would they make it so when you click Submit, why not right when you load the site?!
I've never downloaded a trojan just by entering a site. I've checked a lot of websites from me work account, and if there was a trojan, believe me, it would catch it. Always be careful of what you click. Just b/c the button says it enters the site doesn't necessarily mean it. Right-click the entrance button, click Properties, and make sure that it's a link to a website (.html, etc) and not to a program (.exe, etc). If it links you to a program, don't click b/c it's probably a trojan.

Hope that answers both of ur questions...sorry it took so long to answer, but I forget to check this stickey sometimes :rolleyes:

xprten

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have been trade hacked,plz help..

i was in a game and i was just about to trade nat claws, 2 soj and gaze against storm and 40 ed jewel. then he sudently laged out then i trade again, he put out the things and i checked them, we accepted the trade but i didnt get storm or jewel i got milbergas orb!! then i read about it and i have been trade hacked plz i need my stuff....my acc name : *notion-xprt

Stampler

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
when i made my first char i made a necro lvl 9 and was on a chat channel. suddenly i saw som1 named blizzard whispers: write /w something something... <account> <password> s within 1 hour or ur account will be deleted. as ive said i was just a lvl 9 so i was just starting to play and a total noob. there was noone in the channel named blizzard so i just did it. 1 sec l8r i fell out and couldnt log on with the account more. and i was like BUMMER! but anyway i was just lvl 9. not much time was put down on that char so i guess i can just laugh bout it now. but noobs, watch out for this! noone will ask for pass...