Things not to do & How to get back at scammers

upinya

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.growyourown****.com
last scam they tried on ME was..

I read thru the scams here and did not see this one. Guy wispers you and acts like he knows you "usually uses a name like jeff or bob or some name that most people know" or they may be talking to you in game. Remember when you are in a game with a friend trading or chatting in the chat rooms others may be watching and will try to use your info against you. "they will try to build your trust a little by giving you items and stuff"
But they will always ALWAYS want somethign from you.
Usually they will ask for an item you are wearing my ith swords wer a common one before .10 . And they usually are just wanting to "barrow" the item for MF run or some BS like that.

I have had some people that it took me a few mins to figure out that they wer really scammers and not my friends. Thankfully im pretty cautious and never fall for this stuff.
But I have seen this scamm work on others, and yes I know it sounds weak and it is but hey it works for some people.:shoot

Blade Walker13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Touching but thats what i did and i got my friend 121% uped lidless ... i hated him anyways so i stole the bitch and muted his a** anyways..

not sure if anyone has posted but heres goes

u see the game FREEE SHAKO FREE HOZ FREE ETC.ETC.

That is always a scam or the guy is mfing and wants peep in room to higher the mf% chance and stuff

Free Sh*t Free Gear Free newb Stuff

This is sometimes true but usally the stuff isnt really worth anything to go to it unless ur a serouis newb

LAterz

upinya

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.growyourown****.com
Am i readin this right you scammed your friend? :shoot Well I guess if you hated him its cool. Remind me not to get on your bad side..
I make free games to, every once in a while when I'm cleaning house and sometimes I may drop some stuff that is worth something like chancies, frosties or a decent sword but I find most of the free games I have ever entered wer crappy. Although I did get a free jallas and a free hellslayer in one :D

D

deadguy2049

dude in 1.08 I USED TO ASK PPL FOR PASSWORDS AND MAKE UP DUMB CRAP LIKE ..... IF YOU WANNA SEE YOUR LADDER LISTING AFTER 1000 MSG ME WITH YOUR ACCOUNT/PASSWORD FOR INFORMATION....... that day i got i think 13 accounts.... granted 12 of them were total crap but the 13th on had like 10 sojs in stash .... which he probably bought on ebay :)

Deaths_Fathom

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A really pathetic one that i saw 4 minutes into the 1.10 patch, what this.
Hey, look, new feature of the 1.10 patch, ******* see, you can't type your password, try it.
*BEEP*, wrong. Don't fall for it, like dice5_5 said, NEVER EVER EVER typ your real password in a public channel or game, or with friend that you dont know in real life that you can beat their a** if they take your stuff :D. But feel free to take an old acct with lvled up chars with no items on (make sure that acct has a different password from all your others), and then go back the next day to see if they use it as a mule.

Deaths_Fathom

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
upinya, i have pulled that scam MANY times, MANY times, but, i only do it to ppl that have betrayed me in any way or form, are being TOTALL a**holes in games, scamming me, or scamming others. I create a new acct and msg em and say, HEY, WHAT'S UP, how long has it been? 4, 5 months? it's me, josh, if you remember. My mom made me quit and now i moved out, what's up how ya been? can i get an xfer quick?, lol, it's so satisfying scamming all the ppl that are bad on B.net, they all deserved it, and i got rich too. It's wrong, but i' ma math wiz, and -a + -a = +a, therefore, by scientific law, a negative plus a negative make s apositive, hahaha.

C

cinnamonring

Also don't believe the "Join My Clan Scam".
They tell you to downsize the game, them download some rules off the net. Which turns out to be a drop hack.
www.geocities.com/novateam666
Got me good...
Name of the Ba$t@rd.... Ll-necro.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Not all drops are fake. Case in point, when the ladder reset, I got rid of everything on characters i didnt like. I dropped 3 CTA, 2 Enigma, COH and a bunch of uniques for free. I do this everytime the ladder resets. I dont use non ladder characters so what do I care. I make a game after the reset sayin "GODLY 4 U" and drop everything. So if you ever see this game on nonladder after a reset its probably me.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
eziest solution to avoid scammers is to not listen to ppl u dont know irl.............

*Turok

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
lol ill be the first one there :p...... listen how bout msging me and givin em to me :p lol..... what realm r u on anyways :p/.....

well there is also a scam in act 1/2 the guy buys an armor from charsi... aNyarmor ... and then goes to gheed. okay he runs around in circles then goes to gheed sails to act2 then sails to act1 quickly.,... the guy then says that his armor makes u invisible.. and can let u steal items... on the floor and kill people without them seeing you ..,.,,,,,,,, the victom therefore trades |GODLY| 4 Ur Item.... and u Rip them off......... thats a scam ... i saw but its actually rare..... :p

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
*Turok said:
lol ill be the first one there :p...... listen how bout msging me and givin em to me :p lol..... what realm r u on anyways :p/.....
I am only in USEast and when the ladder resets, 12midnight est I will be giving away all my stuff, at the moment I have 4 accounts of characters with 2 accounts of mules. 4 of the mule characters are just godly runewords, and really good gear. It's really funny seeing a lvl 1 character newbie go nuts creating characters to hold all the items i drop. then slowly everyone comes in and is amazed by the fact that its not duped, bugged or hacked :bugeyes :shocked . Last ladder reset their was a lvl 3 character who had CtA, HotO, DOOM, 2 enigmas, full trang, full tal, full ik, BotD, corpsemourne, a ton of runes and more. He was scrambling to make new characters to carry everything. then someone else joins and says if all the stuff on the ground is any good.lol.

Turok if your on USEast look me up XxSworn_EnemyxX I could hook ya up if your poor.

Reaction score
I'm glad i read this forem......to bad i didnt read it enough

ok today i go in a room called mf hack here...or somthing like that anyways he tells me to go to this one room so i go and he asks for my msn adress and i give it to him. then he says for me to start msn so i exit diablo (acting like i didnt know you could minimise it) and start msn and he told me to go bk into the game so i make a new account in the asia zone and go bk to msn and told him i was ready and he asked me to go bk into his room...this is where i started to know it had to be a skam....and i told him i wanted to try it on a new char first and he said it had to be a char with a little mf first. so i told him i had a small mf charm so it should work then he said that the char had to be lvl 50+ and for me to just go to his room and then dl the mf hack and try it....i didnt get his acc name though or take a screen shot of anything so i guess ill know for next time.......or am i stupid and there is a mf hack?

Mystic-Death

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
okay, to that "Math" wiz, your a dumb ****, you said a neg plus a neg equals a pos, THATS NOT CORRECT DIP****!! its - TIMES a - = a +, (-a x -b) = +C, god... do i have to write a ****ing proof for you? :/
see! -1 times -1 = +1!!! -5 x -5 = +25!!!! -5 + -5 = -10!!! dip****, what are you a **** nine year old? stop playing d2... nerd....
--To the mods:--
Sorry bout the language, but im truelly a math wiz, i have a record being in an accelerated math course for 6 yearsnow... (im not a spelling wiz, dont rip on me fer that lol)
--Quiz--
two wrongs make a right? ::False:: (to the -a + -a = +a)
3 lefts make a right? ::True:: (hehehe)
If you truelly are a math wiz, ANSWER THIS!!!
what comes next math master, -_-

[Koolaid]

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I got hacked recently. crap, i hope i gte my account back... i was doing so good:(

Urban_Lectro

Reaction score
Don't forget about those games "Clan Recruting". The "Leader" will say whats ur rank. Of course u don't know. Then it's back to the /dnd... thing if that ever happens to u leave the game immediatly. Hope This Helps =)

Urban_Lectro

Reaction score
That "Math Wiz" problem is e z the answer is 1113213211. =) Next time make it harder.

tyler101

Reaction score
that happened to me with the tals armor and the rattlecage armor... they exactly identical in the picture...
I DONT LIKE THOSE PEOPLE

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
Get your acct back

Slayer777 said:
I got hacked recently. crap, i hope i gte my account back... i was doing so good:(
Is your acct still registered to the same email address or did he take your email address too? ( :rofl2 if he did) if not just do the following IN order.
1)Go to account settings and press "I forgotmy password" or something like that(its in themiddle)
2) Typein the acct name and your email address that you registered it to.
3) go onto that email address and within a few mins you'll have something from blizzard and the titlewill be password recovery, Respond to that email saying how it got stolen and everything. Tell them you want a new password
4)Theywill send you a randomized password,copy and paste it.
5) go back to d2,click account settings again but click change password.
6)Type in the acctname and paste the randomized password and make a new one, (different from when you got scammed)
7)Since the scammer has seen you don't know how to get your password back. You will be amazed of what mule stuff theyhave on their.
8)If they did steal your email address,your screwed.

If any mods are reading this, my brother is a moderator on the edge of nowhere, and he makes fun of me for not being a mod,so i would be glad to be a moderator on this site. :baby