Member!
Reaction score
hahaha I love this thread :p
funniest thing on earth:
[X] Looking for scammers just to piss them of :p

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
one scam that happened to a gamer i know is someone says he is recruiting for his clan. They give 1 free soj to new members. So they ask for your email, and say to open the attached file, which generates a random number which is your clan id. A lot of people fell for it in this game i was in. It was like christmas

KillerMe

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
Here are 2 more scams that I sadly fell victim to

1. I was joining a clan and there were two people in the game. I went to the 'clan website' and there was a thing about a chat program you had to download. I didn't download it, but I went back into the game. Player 1 was giving Player 2 stuff for joining the clan. This was enough reason for me. I downloaded the program and it dropped all my stuff. If you EVER want to download a program, exit Diablo 2, and scan the program.

2. If you're in a trade game or whatever with a person sometimes they'll say something like, Guess what, I'm on your friends list, just not this account. Guess who this is....A guy was quitting Diablo 2 and he spammed his account name/password in a channel and I got it. Then they'll say something like, I gtg in 5 minutes do u wanna transfer anything? Don't transfer, because they will just take your stuff and leave. I lost 4 hexes this way. If you do think someone is your friend ask them a question only they would know. If you know them outside of D2 ask them a personal question. If there isn't a question to distinguish them apart, ask them to switch their accounts or say something like: I forgot what's our clan website. The scammer not having an answer will probably leave.

Hope this helps!

EDIT:

3. I'm not sure if you've said this but
Sometimes a person will say something like: LOOK IF YOU TYPE YOUR PASSWORD IN A CHANNEL IT BLEEPS IT: *******

It doesn't bleep it, they just put in stars, but I hope you have enough common sense to avoid this kinda thing.

ap0(alyps3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Heh this seems like it might work lol i actully like this stuff see ty for showing me this i never would have figured this out my fav get back at scammers would have to be that make a account in fact im gonna do it right now lol

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I hope all this information that myself and others have provided has been helpful in keeping you from getting scammed...and getting back at scammers. May this thread live on forever!

:(

B

bobthemunchie

Rushing

Okay. Awhile ago when I had my 44 barb I was rushed through nightmare. But, at every boss he would tell me to get killed. The only thing I dropped was money. Do you have to do this for a rush?

Fuddy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
he just did that cause u r a noob and he didnt want u losing quest by doing something stupid and noobish

Fuddy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by killerme
Here are 2 more scams that I sadly fell victim to

1. I was joining a clan and there were two people in the game. I went to the 'clan website' and there was a thing about a chat program you had to download. I didn't download it, but I went back into the game. Player 1 was giving Player 2 stuff for joining the clan. This was enough reason for me. I downloaded the program and it dropped all my stuff. If you EVER want to download a program, exit Diablo 2, and scan the program.

2. If you're in a trade game or whatever with a person sometimes they'll say something like, Guess what, I'm on your friends list, just not this account. Guess who this is....A guy was quitting Diablo 2 and he spammed his account name/password in a channel and I got it. Then they'll say something like, I gtg in 5 minutes do u wanna transfer anything? Don't transfer, because they will just take your stuff and leave. I lost 4 hexes this way. If you do think someone is your friend ask them a question only they would know. If you know them outside of D2 ask them a personal question. If there isn't a question to distinguish them apart, ask them to switch their accounts or say something like: I forgot what's our clan website. The scammer not having an answer will probably leave.

Hope this helps!

EDIT:

3. I'm not sure if you've said this but
Sometimes a person will say something like: LOOK IF YOU TYPE YOUR PASSWORD IN A CHANNEL IT BLEEPS IT: *******

It doesn't bleep it, they just put in stars, but I hope you have enough common sense to avoid this kinda thing.

omg ur retarded.

U

UltraHackingd2

LOL o yeah just like the one above with the sorc. and rouge. well I am sorry but thanx for all the ideace about scamming peeps. I am very sorry anout ur accounta but i am a scammer. An it can also be done witha assassin becuase of their teleporting thing

LOl srrry again asta

BrOcKBuSteR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I can't remember the last time when I clicked join game and it said "I dupe 4 free" or "I dupe 4 you" it always lights up my day...=) funny.

MichaelLippe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.d2destruction.com
Guide To not getting trojaned/scammed

hey,
~Please Sticky This
Ive been playing diablo 2 since it came out. Ive been scammed and trojaned hundreds of times. In this guide i am going to explain how to avoid these scams and trojans.
~How to avoid getting trojaned
1. Never join a game called dupe here, people will never give a dupe away. They could sell it for 10 thousand dollars if it worked.
2. Never go to a site other than approved in stickies
3. Always scan with kapersky, Never depend on Nortan it sux
4. Never open attachments via email unless you know who it is
5. New friends you meet on diablo, never open any files they send you
6. Never search for diablo hacks on google %99.99 of them are trojans.
~How to avoid getting scammed
1. When trading with someone and they say let me make room always be suspicious of scam
2. If someone trades with you and gets c/i they are tradehacking i bet
3. Never use d2hackit moduls while trading it could be disguised as trade force accepter
4. Never go to games clan tryouts most likely they will try the act 2 scam
~Hope You enjoy the knowledge and you avoid getting trojaned and scammed next time
~complements of Michael Lippe

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
We allready have enough stickys with information on how to not get scammed, and what to do if you do get scammed. I'm not going to sticky this, but if you want me to merge this I'll be more than happy.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Done.

ExoduX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dont listen to that anyone... all sites have safe links (yes...safe) lol j/k do what that guy says...unless you want the item monster(me) to get you. Muahahahahaha

SHAKUR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
WWW.SOGAMED.COM
LOL HOW SAD R U STUPIED WHEN U COPY AND PASTE U MUST PUT THE SITE NAME BLOW UR THREAD I SAW THE EXCAT SAME THING BUT ONLY CHANGINGR FEW THINGS WHICH WERE LIKE PEOPLE AND U CHANGED IT TO PPL SO AND THIS IS DISRESPECT TO THE PERSON WHO ACTUALLY SPENT TIME AND WROTE THIS

Pyromancer

Member!
Reaction score
Website
necro.conforums.com
Also never fall for the mf hack, I did that once, booted me out of the game and dropped all my items when I did use the mf hack, fortunatly it was on single player with a level 15 barb, 25 minutes wasted, heh, o well :S

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by xjMaN88lx
now i know why this thread is in the newb forum :p
u scammed me... why dont u tell people about how u did it?