StarCraft Brood War Tournament - Read the info!

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
well if i get pained with pump king i gotta start learning how to attack :/

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
hehe, maybe after this one, we could have a partner's tourney :)

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Tronga- I definitely have plans almost all day Sunday, and other various things over the course of the weekend, but I'll talk to you on AIM to arrange a good time. One way or another I'll be available :)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Wing Zero said:
well if i get pained with pump king i gotta start learning how to attack :/
Heh. You could either do that or build tons of defensive units and aid his units, or use them as decoys. May sound stupid but I intend to spend every fun minute I am playing with you guys wisely, so doing wierd or abnormal things in SC is a must for me. Don't be too suprised if I do a drop attack with hallucinations, or something weird like that.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
All right, it seems people have things to do in Friday (people told me on AIM), but some others also have things to do on Sunday, nor Saturday. I want you all to PM me with the time you think you can do best (PM it for better organization ;)).

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
I'm in, I can play on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
When i say Monday (Or any day), it means the day for your Americans. So, for me, that means i can play on Tuesdays for me. But next week i'm working so this is homosexual for all.

Seriously, i don't even play SC competitively anymore. And the fact that i haven't played a melee in like 3 months. I almost uninstalled it yesterday! Just count me out of the tournament. Sorry DM, but it's just easier this way.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I understand sir. My wishes do intend you to go, but if it cannot be helped within your power then that is fine and understandable. You know my feelings on that, and even though you haven't played in awhile, chances are very good you could still school me in StarCraft. And worse yet I may not be able to make it, unless there's an unsuspectable miracle. No sorry needed sir. :)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, I wanted to make it today, but I can't do it :(

If all goes well, we'll do it in Sunday.

Zmoney

Reaction score
Give me a date and time and I'll tell you if I can make it.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
TrongaMonga said:
Well, I wanted to make it today, but I can't do it :(

If all goes well, we'll do it in Sunday.
This Sunday would be basically perfect for me, as long as it was before the evening on my time, otherwise my internet would lag me out everygame and there would not be much of a point letting me play otherwise. Besides, I have things to do today so I couldn't have made it if you decided to go along with doing it today.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Hmm, considering the lack of compability of everyone's time, we could do it during one week instead of one single day. Since we are 9 players (myself, Wing, DarkMatter, Louis, Reign, CerebralChain, Azrael, Pumpkinhead, exobyte), it won't be very easy to work it out. I did PM people that would make it a (gah, I hate engrish, you know, when a number can be divided by 2 :p) number.

We'll wait untill tonight (mine tomorrow morning ;)), then I'll post the respective games. It's up to you, then, to make the game (with an observer, to prevent hacking). I would also require that you kept me informed of the situation, and you would save a replay, too.

If the PMed people join the tourney, we would then have 12 players. We would have a series of one on one games, where the defeated would leave. Then we would have 6. We'd do it again. Then, when we had 3, we could do 3 more games, and the winner of most would win. In case of ties we would do more games until it was solved.

Is this ok for everyone?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
So that means we would play at night then? Tonight in other words? Or is that when you plan to mark down everyone who can make it for sure? Because like I said before, anytime past evening up until the mid morning I can't do anything on the internet, as it crashes every two minutes for most programs, especially video games like StarCraft. If it's not tonight, I can make it otherwise as long as the time is within the mid morning to afternoon. As for the idea, I would like to see it go that way, regardless if I can make this tournament or not. But please get back to me on this TrongaMonga. If possible I want to be in this but if my internet won't allow it just say so in your next post please.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Why does the tournament have to be held at a specific time? It's Starcraft... we could play our games and then report the winners, and have the tournament last a whole week or longer if necessary.

I'll join to make it an even (that's the word tronga :)) number of people to participate in the tournament. I'll try to play as much as I can this weekend.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Thanks, mate :p

Darkmatter, what I said is described in Master_America's first paragraph ;)

What I said is that we'll wait for te registering untill tomorrow of my morning, and then I'll pick up the games randomly using battle report.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Alright then sirs. I am in, as long as my opponet can play within my timelength I am good to go. I just hope I get matched up against someone who sucks almost as bad as I do, like Azrael. Too bad he's probably really good and only lied to me about being sucky at StarCraft. Glad to be in this, I am.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Alright then sirs. I am in, as long as my opponet can play within my timelength I am good to go. I just hope I get matched up against someone who sucks almost as bad as I do, like Azrael. Too bad he's probably really good and only lied to me about being sucky at StarCraft. Glad to be in this, I am.
Oh DM, you made me laugh :susp

Who am I matched up against? I want to get owned as quickly as possible :) Also, maybe I should go practice, lmao :p

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It's not decided yet.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
-Azrael666- said:
Oh DM, you made me laugh :susp

Who am I matched up against? I want to get owned as quickly as possible :) Also, maybe I should go practice, lmao :p
Considering you almost beat me in melee twice, I'd say you are better then me. All I had was Lady Luck and a Dr. Pepper. Nothing more. But those were some ghood games though, I hope to face you in the tournament bt knowing my luck it won't happen.