StarCraft Brood War Tournament - Read the info!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Ok, so, since I got my new computer, I finally have the time to try and organize these. We will be using Battle Reports to organize the tournament brackets, and, as such, we will need a power of two (two, four, eight, sixteen, thirty-two, sixty-four, one hundred and twenty-eight, etc) in order to make it work.

So, we need to start from the beggining.

The map will be Lost Temple, and the date would be this following weekend, if possible. I will wait untill tomorrow to see if we get inscriptions, and will start PMing those who I recall participating in the forums.

Do not mind if you are no elite player. It does not matter. All the tournament is for is to have fun.

Go ahead and start. Because I sure want to participate :D

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
which lt the old one or new one?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
The new one.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I'm in. I want to have fun, but what day on the weekend? If it's next saturday, I probably can;t make it, due to plans. But if it is Sunday, I can make it. Can you explain what the new Lost Temple Map is like? I do not believe I have had the chance of seeing it just yet. So any info would be much appreciated.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Friday would be the best day, in my opinion. I can't take a decent screenshot right now, but if no one doesn't and post it here, I'll take it whenever I got the chance to.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I can make it friday. Probably not in the evening, unless fate allows me to revive my internet so that it works. Checking SC today, I cannot play at all. It is just too laggy, and now my internet has become a problem that I need to fix in order to do anything now. Therefore, until this problem is resolved and comfirmed to be fixed, there is no guarentee that I can make the tournament.

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I'm In! <.< Well, i'm in hopefully depending on the exact -time-.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Renzokuken said:
I can only make mondays for SC. So count me out. Sorry guys.
Christian, why? Please tell me why you of all people cannot make this tournament. I'm almost inclided not to go now. Supply of Renzomatter drops. I do think it is because you have work on friday, or you may have other plans. It does suck that you can;t make it. Just know that the tournament will be 50% less fun without you, sir.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Renzokuken said:
I can only make mondays for SC. So count me out. Sorry guys.
Thing is, Monday to you is Sunday for most.

So, tell me your time schedule, and I'll see what I can do.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
All off Blizzard

Resources Rearranged

Terrain Adjusted

No Landing Zone

old map

new

1. The mineral patches and Vespene Geysers at all starting bases and expansions have been modified.

2. The island bases in the corners of the map now mine more efficiently.

3. The natural expansion of the bottom base has been moved. Moving through this area when it has an expansion base within it is now easier.

4. The vulnerability of natural expansions to cliff drops has been balanced between the starting positions.

5. The left base’s natural expansion and mineral-only expansion are no longer simultaneously vulnerable to a single cliff drop.

6. The top base's Vespene Geyser is no longer vulnerable to Lurker fire from outside the cliff, a weakness no other base was susceptible to.

7. The top base has greatly reduced vulnerability to its units getting siege-fired upon as they come down their ramp.

8. The choke point near the natural expansion of the right base has been widened slightly.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Thanks, wing :)

Tell me, do you ahve any problems with playing with the new version? Or do you prefer the old one? That can be discussed, too.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
at 3 o clock i liek to tank there it prob doenst effect me 2 much as long i dont get 3

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I do not mind either. I thank you Wing for posting that picture and answering my question. Changes made, I am happy to say I would still like to participate in this tournament. However it is yet unknown if I will have my internet fixed by next friday, so I cannot promise anything. I will try my hardest to get it fixed, rest assured.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i might as well try and lose

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Count me in. haven't played for a while so this should be fun.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Wing Zero said:
i might as well try and lose
I suck just as bad as you do, depeneding on how bad you suck, if not more. If it was allied, I would just build all defence and see if it works. I always wanted t try your approach to StarCraft, and what better time to test it then in this tournament to have fun?

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I suck too, but players such as myself are necessary to make good players look even better. I'm in.

Someone from every game will have to save a replay so we can watch all the matches afterwards :)