P~protoss carriers are the best!

Towelie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well one time I sent about 60 scourge at lets see around 16 carriers, I killed 2 carriers with macro. He didn't macro either and maybe the game lag cause it not to work. Plus the scourge were sent in groups of 12, halfway across the map. I dunno.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
SmashBros.Pro posted a good scourge tactic. Forget where. Just micro a bit and it should work.

Slick

Member!
Reaction score
2 smash.bro

Your calculations were a bit lame...
i mean, carrier costs 350/250 plus 25x8(interceptors)/0 which is 550/250.

...then, for zerg all units takes the same time to hatch, because it all depends on larvae. If u have 3 hatcheries and want to make 9 ultras, or 9 ling pairs, ling will come out faster, but affter that, you all units are made at the same speed.

so lets see now, lets use 72 suplies for both.
12 carriers: 550/250x12 is 6600/3000 (plus expences on upgs and buildings)

and for zerg, u can make more defilers if u have more gas left, or some lings for consuming if u have more minerals left.
6 defilers: 50/150x6 is 300/900 (plus expences on upgs and buildings)
60 hydras: 75/25x60 is 4500/1500

so it is 6600/3000 vs 4800/2400 if we compare by supply. U could compare by money, which would probably show what is more cost-effective...
btw, most of the hydras would survive, because u know - dark swarm =] so even if hydras would cost more to counter carriers, it'd be worth it.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
What about zealots killing hydras in swarm while the carriers destroy bases? Besides, u cant just calculate cost since a zerg player will have more money than a toss player in most cases.

Slick

Member!
Reaction score
hm... maybe carriers aren't so bad... i mean, everybody says hydras and dark swarm owns'em. But there are so many counters for it:
1) zealots
2) high templar, just storm those sucky invincible hydras
3) spells (that arbiter freeze, dark archons mealstorm i think)
4) corsairs with their distruptor web
etc...

blockerx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
timeless_guardians.tripod.com
i have to agree with skuzzy on his units list vs carriors. but i need to ad 1 the corsair can own any air unit but the bc if used corectly. a group of 24 corsairs can wipe out any nuber of carriors in a matter of mins with a min of loss

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
depending what type of map u play
carriers can be good or just horrible

if u use carriers on a money map then u are just gonna die very easily and fast
if u use carriers on limited resources or those times of maps then they might be good

i wouldnt really know much about playing on limited resources cuz i only play on money maps like 0clutter/fasttest

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's ok to bump just try to stick to the topic:)

btw players has to be stoopid to mass one unit......

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you go carriers you're gay because come on dude you can get 2 scouts for every one carrier (cash)(psi) and they are much quicker it's much better to juss go scouts or sairs!!

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by AKA-47
1. I never play money maps.
2. I allways cliff, no matter what race i am playing.
3. I almost never use carriers vs Zerg.
4. If zerg uses dark swarm i pull back my carriers, ever heard of micro?
5. I mix carriers with speedlots, and hydras cant attack zealots inside dark swarm, while lots can attack hydras.
6. Carriers ARE cost effective, but mainly vs terran. A carrier-lot combo is the most effective ways to stop a late game tank push, and thats why all the best protoss players in the world use them.

I made it very clear that carriers are best vs terran, but i have seen them in use vs zerg, and the toss won (BTW, if u call [NC]...Yellow a newb then u have no idea what ur talking about)

And i dont make carriers from 1 stargate, i have at least 3 stargates and 15 gateways in late game, and i have at least 3-4 expansions vs zerg so i can afford it.

DITTO!

WhatisProtoss

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by SkuZZy
Actually, carriers will usually beat Scouts, Valks & BC's petty easily... the things that take out carriers good are:

Scourges (if you send alot of them)
Defilers (carriers cant hurt these guys at all)
Templars (storm will own carriers)
Ghosts (lockdown is prob the best defense against carriers)

... there are others too, but those 4 above are 4 good reasons why carriers suck by themselves.

What the heck?!! BCs without yamato take out carriers really easily. BCs with yamato dont give carriers a chance. Also, it depends on the player, terran can EMP carriers and take them out with BCs. Protoss can stasis, or have Dark Archons feedback on the BCs, depends who is faster with either EMP or feedback....
Except, why would you get carriers? They cost a buttload of resources, and you can get tons of goons, high temps, scouts or goliaths, EMP, and wraiths to kick carrier's behinds.

Also, Mass marines and medics wipe out carriers like a mo foe

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
For the millionth time, how can BCs beat carriers if carriers stay out range of crusiers while trashing crusiers from afar with interceptors? I'd love for you to tell a pro BCs beat carriers and EMP is an anti-carrier strat. Seeing how a pro never researches EMP let alone use them against carriers. Just about all of the counters aren't counters at all. Play a real opponent before making wild claims about carriers being "easily countered".

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
er BC can kill carrier if it shooted faster and if u Aim for the carrer it self