P~protoss carriers are the best!

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
CARRIERS WILL STAY OUT OF RANGE BCs. There's no way BC can hit a carrier, unless you pin them into a corner of the map. And there's no way that the BCs can shoot the interceptors down fast enough without getting themselves killed bigtime. You people slow. Accept it. Carriers rule and BCs SUCK badly. It's quite possible to kill an entire BC fleet without losing a single carrier.

Ubuu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
forum.bodybuilding.com
Actually... a carrier is a bit faster than a BC, so a carrier will actually outrun a BC. It's interceptors can still attack while the carrier is retreating. It also can launch interceptors farther than a BC can fire its main attack(ATA lasers). So therefore, if a carrier uses hit and run(microing), than it can actually own a BC.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ubuu, it's quite remarkable that someone like myself who can explain things logically and then some naive terran player comes along and throws in a wrench and start making wild claims about what sucks and what doesn't.

It's even more remarkable that these players do this with sincerity, so they're not actually trolling, but amazingly stupid.

Ubuu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
forum.bodybuilding.com
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
Ubuu, it's quite remarkable that someone like myself who can explain things logically and then some naive terran player comes along and throws in a wrench and start making wild claims about what sucks and what doesn't.

It's even more remarkable that these players do this with sincerity, so they're not actually trolling, but amazingly stupid.
Actually, having carriers beat BCs needs microing, and how many people who plays money maps and is a big fan of money maps actually micros? Most money map players cares about building a massive army based on 1 unit and have them all slaughtered by another army based on 1 unit.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
some naive terran player comes along and throws in a wrench and start making wild claims about what sucks and what doesn't.

some how i new that was coming at me

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, I would micro my carriers and so will the many other decent players. Believe it or not, but I've been at this months. Arguing with Renzo, Tronga, Reign, Esco, etc and we're still back where we started. The problem is all of these members give their advice based on playing against total newbies or those much worst than than they are(and they have to be if carriers lose to BCs). For some reason, it just isn't sound to me or the rest of the sc community who feel the same way I do on this matter.

Not just you, Wing Zero.

WhatisProtoss

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hmmm, Lets see. How many people go just BCs? Tiger-fury always goes BCs and wraiths to close out a game. If the carriers run away, then harrass them with wraiths. Pheonix is right, Carriers can take out BCs, but it doesnt help a lot to keep on running away around the whole map, just go after the base. Terran BC is a bad choice tho, so are carriers. Too many resources. lots of wraiths and scouts can take out capital ships easily, they are too slow. Terran opponents are quite hard to beat with marines, medics, tanks, goliaths and wraiths....Carriers would get killed by the marines, golis, and wraiths... Tiger-Fury usu. goes goons, DTs, and HTs. Psi storm takes care of the pesky marines and wraiths and you have almost dead tanks to worry about, DTs can wipe them out. My friend, Iron_Blood, ranked #2 several years ago, used Hydras, defilers, and zerglings and guardians, and inched his way to the opponents base. Carriers cant stand against this. Zeals and DTs could be produced, but tons of Zergling support take care of them easily.

Pheonix, what im talking about is when the BCs actually break into your base and you have to duke it out head to head with the BCs instead of pulling them back steadily. You are most likely not going to let your base be ripped to shreds while trying to save your Carriers.

Not that I dont like carriers. Its good to attack with a large group of carriers and have a couple arbiters back at the base. Attack with the carriers and dole out as much damage as possible. Once all the shields are gone and the hp on the Carriers starts to slightly diminish, recall them back to your base, use multiple shield batteries, then move up to attack again with almost instantaneously full health carriers. This can be quite damaging. BCs cant be transported or healed as quickly as Carriers, to the BCs disadvantage. Recall the carriers back and recharge again if needed and attack with almost full health carriers again. Most likely, you wont have to recall the carriers more than once or twice. They can rip through a base like none other.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Carriers are commonly used in pvt so I don't know what your're talking about.

As for the rest of your BS, whatever floats your boat, there guy.

GuArDiAn

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
zeal goon sucks vs. mass cracklings, but upgraded archons will kill 4 in a single hit. protoss ground isn't disadvantaged.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Ubuu
Actually, having carriers beat BCs needs microing, and how many people who plays money maps and is a big fan of money maps actually micros? Most money map players cares about building a massive army based on 1 unit and have them all slaughtered by another army based on 1 unit.
You've now met a person who plays money and micros during games...

NEways..back on topic

I have no idea why the hell a terran would go BC against Carriers...that's just stupid...

However, IF they do go BC's...Yamato Gun by far outranges the carrier but the carriers will still win cause of hit/run tactics mentioned in this thread...

But many ppl are overlooking the fact that BC's can retreat as well, go back to the repair station, and heal up again and get back their energy..

If it is an 8v8 battle, the carriers will take a long time just to kill 1 BC, even when they focus fire on it...cause BC has 3 armor and even more if upgraded...and interceptors only do 6 damage??..and maybe 1, 2, or 3 more damage for upgrades.

Ubuu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
forum.bodybuilding.com
Originally posted by Tiger_shark
You've now met a person who plays money and micros during games...

NEways..back on topic

I have no idea why the hell a terran would go BC against Carriers...that's just stupid...

However, IF they do go BC's...Yamato Gun by far outranges the carrier but the carriers will still win cause of hit/run tactics mentioned in this thread...

But many ppl are overlooking the fact that BC's can retreat as well, go back to the repair station, and heal up again and get back their energy..

If it is an 8v8 battle, the carriers will take a long time just to kill 1 BC, even when they focus fire on it...cause BC has 3 armor and even more if upgraded...and interceptors only do 6 damage??..and maybe 1, 2, or 3 more damage for upgrades.
You'll be surprise how many newbies don't even retreat their BCs and let them die like that.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Or I can just chase after your BC, taking some damage to my carriers then retreat out of range again. We know it takes a while for carriers to kill BCs, because their high armor.

You're right, Tiger. Going BCs against carriers is stupid, but too many people(at BF) INSIST that BCs beat carriers, despite anything anyone says.