P~protoss carriers are the best!

snaktoss

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have a weird question. Im new to these forums and I just have to ask.... What is a crackling???? Ive been playing for 5 years now and I have no dea what that is. Could someone please tell me.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
A crackling is a zergling with movement speed and adrenal glands upgraded.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
They are called cracklings because with adrenal glands and speed they look like they are on crack.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AKA-47
They are called cracklings because with adrenal glands and speed they look like they are on crack.
i always called em lings that move faster. Crack has nothing to do with it.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Well most players call them cracklings, it's not only players on this forum.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AKA-47
Well most players call them cracklings, it's not only players on this forum.
I have never heard anyone(in 5 years) ue the term cracklings. it was just lings. do we call zealots craklots when they have an upgrade to move fast? when the vulture speeds up is it refered to as crackture? is an observer with upgrades called an crakserber? ok i went overboard on this one...

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
No wait, zealots with speed upgraded are called speedlots.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yea. And vultures are just vultures. Obs are just obs. And yes. You did go overboard on that one!

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
carriers+arbiter=dead terran and zerg
even tho plauge uncloaks the arbiter can use thier freeze move and stop the defilers, then you can warp in carriers with a few reavers to speed up base destruction dont try to stop what you cant see. and yes this strat takes alot of micro tho if the defilers are up u can freeze them if not u gotta bring a few carrriers which cloak, THEN u bring in the other carriers after u freeze the exposed defilers

SumacWarrior

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its called a balanced attack. Carriers are nice strong units, however like all others they have weaknesses. Two or three carriers, a control group of scouts, a CG of lots and a CG of goons are often more effective against things then 3 1/4 CG of carriers, simply because each units strength makes up for its weakness.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Carriers + Arbiters can be beating very easily by Zerg. Plauge + Hydras + Scourges.

The scourges will hit because of Carrier bad AI.