P~protoss carriers are the best!

death on a bun

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think the best protoss unit are carriers i once took on 5 cpu all at once...........i was on malee:D i think the best protoss units are carriers i once took on 5 cpuall at once

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
well, CPU tend to be stupid when it comes to defeating carriers... cuz they attack the interceptors. If you get a good player, he will just attack the carriers. Thrown in a defiler & hydras and carriers cant touch you.

UlyssesSGrant

Reaction score
exactly, thats why i don't understand when i play FFA games, how people call me a newbe for using carriers, if they are smart enough to defend against them well, then using carriers would be pointless

death on a bun

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes most cpu`s are stupid because they rush then quite doin anything but some are smart because they rush and keep u busy while they build up a base

L

Lonewolf312

as a terran, carriers are easy to take down. just get a whole lot of valkyries and take them down one by one

sexynatzi

Member!
Reaction score
carriers are okay for comps but players can take them out ez with scouts, valkeries, bcs.. i thinnk its messed guardieans cant attack air, =\ so umm i think carriers vs zergs are owned. i dunno

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Actually, carriers will usually beat Scouts, Valks & BC's petty easily... the things that take out carriers good are:

Scourges (if you send alot of them)
Defilers (carriers cant hurt these guys at all)
Templars (storm will own carriers)
Ghosts (lockdown is prob the best defense against carriers)

... there are others too, but those 4 above are 4 good reasons why carriers suck by themselves.

BigTymer[Frog]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraftmaps.tk
carrier=newb
ppl who cant defend against carrier=newb

And if someone with carriers kills like your 10 buildings with his 12 carriers and then they all die, Dont get discouraged you actually blew like a Sh!tload of his cash at least double the amount of your buildings!

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
carriers are easy to kill draggons and cannons can kill em easyly so have alot of cannons around ur base but more like in the entrance since comps arent smart enoughtn to attack by the sides

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Carreirs suck against any experienced players, especially Zerg.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
lol, this just makes me laugh :D

The carrier is one of the best units in the game. The best players in the world use carriers against terran opponents (and sometimes vs toss and zerg but usually vs terran). If u hide the carriers and make a suprise attack it is really hard to stop it.
Sure, killing carriers with goliaths and ghost is fairly easy, but what happens when the opponent has 6 carriers + 24 zealots, and he cliffs his carriers? Then ur in trouble. Most terran players fear a well done carrier-lot combo.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
I never fear Carriers because I always ave Defilers on hand, about 6 or 7. Because most people don't spread out their Carriers and attack in diff locations, I use Plague once and it infects them all. Then comes Dark Swarm with Hydra's. and while their worried about attacking me I sneak in some Cracklings that I have stashed away in an Overlord somewhere.

And besides that look at the time factor and money factor of the both.
Heres a lil table I wasted my time doing.

Toss as 1 Stargate and Zerg have 1 Hive.

Time for 1 Carrier = 140s
Time for 3 Hydras = 28s

Cost for 1 Carrier 350min/250gas
Cost for 3 Hydras 225min/75gas

Supplies for 1 Carrier = 4
Supplies for 3 Hydras = 3

Time for 6 Defilers 300 secs
Cost for 6 Defilers 300min/900gas
Supplies for 6 Defilers = 12

Now if both max without any other units..
50 Carriers
188 Hydras/6 Defilers

Total cost for Toss:
Carriers = 17,500min/12,500gas
Total Time:
Carriers = 7,000s

Total cost for Zerg:
Hydras = 14,100min/4,700gas
Defilers = 300min/900gas
Total time:
Hydras = 1,736s
Defilers = 300

Results:
For max Carriers is 17,500min/12,500gas and 7,000s
For max Hydra and 6 Defilers is 14,400min/5,600gas and 2,036s

Toss 3,100 more min/6,900 more gas then Zerg.
Toss waste 4946 more seconds then Zerg.
Toss have 144 units less than Zerg...

So basically Toss will be wiped out by Hydras before he could max.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
you know a post like,

"carriers cost more and take longer than hydras and defiler comob."

can easily have been a shorter post, and i didn't have to waste my time listening to you, also why not include, attack damage and hp and defence, because carriers are stronger still, but then again the defiler makes it pretty obvious what will happen.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
1. I never play money maps.
2. I allways cliff, no matter what race i am playing.
3. I almost never use carriers vs Zerg.
4. If zerg uses dark swarm i pull back my carriers, ever heard of micro?
5. I mix carriers with speedlots, and hydras cant attack zealots inside dark swarm, while lots can attack hydras.
6. Carriers ARE cost effective, but mainly vs terran. A carrier-lot combo is the most effective ways to stop a late game tank push, and thats why all the best protoss players in the world use them.

I made it very clear that carriers are best vs terran, but i have seen them in use vs zerg, and the toss won (BTW, if u call [NC]...Yellow a newb then u have no idea what ur talking about)

And i dont make carriers from 1 stargate, i have at least 3 stargates and 15 gateways in late game, and i have at least 3-4 expansions vs zerg so i can afford it.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
How the hell are u going to get the money to produce from 50 lairs? I use 10-15 hatcheries when i have the entire map...

Richochet

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Carriers arn't god...plus CPU's are slow, so it doesn't really matter, I've taken 7 without trouble, if you know how to beat them, its a cake walk. Plus they rush, so you know they are coming. Ne way, the game usually ends before carriers are needed....plus if thier spoted, zerg can wipe them quickly, damned scrooges. Tho carriers are a very nice addition to a large fleet.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
No, carriers + zealots own terran.

And noone makes carriers vs zerg without corsair backup, and:

Corsair > Scourge
Disruption web > Dark swarm (seriously, its usefull)

A little micro and u can own zerg. Of course, it costs a lot so u need some expansions. Arbiters are also usefull in this combo. I have seen IntoTheRain kill Yellow whth this strategy.