P~Photon Cannons suck?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Even today, the comp terran send fbats, marines and 3 medics, thinking they could stop measly large number of cannons. Pointless

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Very VERY Sad. Hell, sometimes in micro maps they send oners at you thinking the rine has enough spunk to destroy your cannon cluster or line.

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol man the only time the terrens get though my cannons is at BGh long ago when they would upgrade so fkin fast and kill us so fast

ChrisH36

Reaction score
If you work fast enough, you can get the scouts to shoot the tanks. But then it would take awhile if you don't have enough and the rines and gols near it will take their drugz and slaughter you. But it happens, even the zerg have problems on that map.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
umm.... your an idiot if you have enough cannons close enough that they are worth nuking. cannons are supposd to defend against rushes, help expansions, and detect. dont massively build cannons at a choke... thats suicide and a waste of money..

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
cannons are good but the might not have the range that a ghost has. if the ghost target the first cannons and is cloaked they might not be able to attack them

Ender001

Member!
Reaction score
Website
flamefromthesky.tk
yes, cannons suck. period. If you want to prevent rushes, then make zealots fast. cannons are spendy and really dumb. they cost the same as a bunker but have less hp. also, if the pylon dies, they're usless.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I play too aggressively to even bother with cannons. Except in pvz, because this matchup is murder without them.

Txia

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i don't give a crap about cannons. cannons only good if u put them bhind pylons to block a ling rush. tats it. if a guy gets through ur main defence u r no. 1 guarenteed ur cannons will fail.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's why you should play aggressively so your opponent won't be able to attack you.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my ass! put cannons inside buildings. have 3-4 cannons early game surrounded by other buildings like pylons, forge, gateway. if they are set up like this only 1 zealot can hit one of my cannons at a time. the rest are running in circles or chasing after my zealots gettin blasted with cannons. no matter what species you are make cannons/sunkens/bunkers for free hits and micro your mobile units to allow them those free hits.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
If the enemy has enough cracklings to stop them that is.
Cannons are easy-nukable targets anyway!

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
as i said before, only an idiot would bunch his cannons up. you dont put cannons infront of your base, you put them IN your base. and who has nukes 5 minutes into the game when you actually use the cannons.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Stackhax0rs tend to do that, they stack their cannons on one spot thinking that the enemy will not have ghosts to nuke them.

A few times I have seen people do this and the worst part is they do not notice the red dot and they just fly their carriers in to get wasted.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Corsair webs can paralyze them as well, if they are too stacked together 2-3 cannons go down and they cannot attack until the webs wear off. Easy way to get into a stackhax0r's base!

Another reason NOT to stack cannons! :mad: