P~Photon Cannons suck?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
People who want SCVS and Drones to build up to 600 in supply. However it will take awhile to get that much men, and you can only have up to 120 men with Ctrl1-0

Oh and dude, this thread has been dead for 2 months, sorry to bring that up :D

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Cannons can prevent an early vulture rape (PvT) in case they passed your dragoons.

Put 2 cannons and one gateway(more later on) at your expo.

All the defensive structures have the same range.

Turrets and sunken are explosive damage, so a turret does 10 damage to a mutalisk, and a sunken does 20 damage to a marine.

Cannons, however, have normal damage so it'll do 20 damage to a marine and a mutalisk.

Never mass cannon, unless you're playing some money map, because they're easy to take out. Tanks, nukes, yamato out-range cannons. So do guardians. But just plain ordinary units can take them out too, unless there are too many cannons.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah, I don't why people are saying cannons suck.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skyhr
Cannons, however, have normal damage so it'll do 20 damage to a marine and a mutalisk.
One reason why Dragoons only at your defense door is not suggested, unless you have alot of them or you want to die ;).

M

monkeydude20

That's why you gotta get scouts and goons fast, zeaolts and scouts to take out the tanks, and then send in goons to take out the gols.

Gemini_Bloodian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by SilverSteel
Photon Cannons is just a unit, and like any unit has a strong point and weak point.

A group of Photon Cannons could beat the whole enemy's base, but also the weak point is that, Tarran's Tank and Zerg's guardian or muta then its dead, so it will be wise to build some other unit arround it to protect it. (I always use Photon first and then try to mind control some of Tarran's SUV, then I have Tarran armies to protect my cannons and attack Zerg and the other Tarran if they had any.)
First of all, learn how to spell. Its Terran not Tarran

Uh if it is a unit how did u move em?
Its a figure of speech.

Your missing the whole point of cannons. They are there for mostly three reasons.

Reason 1: Some people like to try and take advantage of a situation by rushing. Well cannons are good anti-rushers.

Reason 2: They obviously can help you detect anything thats cloaked.

Reason 3: They help distract units, so you can send in your units, and overwhelm them. They aren't meant to actually kill of units.

Gemini_Bloodian