• Illusionist

Votes: 63 33.7%

• Total voters

influentz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
honestly they need to keep the same char classes in d2... add d1 char class and give them gender choices which gives different abilities and stats... also add a whole new set of chars like a devil/demon char.

Cobalt Wolf

New & improved!
Reaction score
I think putting emphasis on the individual is the way to go. Good
idea Shakatis. They could make it so that we design our character
by their class, race, gender, clothes, face, background.

Rofl @ Bjornita's aging idea & characters choking on food.

As far as the ninja goes - what? Asassin isn't enough for
you? They've made the assassin out to pretty much be a
ninja. Look at the weapons they get and the technique they use
to fight. They aren't bloody backstabbers, they are out there in
the open killing stuff with claw weapons and throwing little
bombs and doing whatever else it is they do.

I think the cleric would be a good class though - they can heal
(wouldn't need as many health potions!!! rarr!). It would give ppl
more reason to group together more often. Would suck if they
made it so that clerics couldn't solo or other classes had to have
a cleric to survive though (beginning to sound like EverQuest).

And as far as having good and evil aligned characters... keep
faction in mind. The reason why there are good aligned ppl is to
work against the evil - whether it be by vanquishing them or
undoing their evil deeds. Otherwise they are nuetral aligned lol.​

Horse Eater

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Guys you are trying to turn this game into Everquest are somthing. lol if you need this VAST world of monsters classes, genders, characters, quests, spells and endless possibilites go buy Morrowind :) . Thats what you guys are describing. For now just hope they add a character like in lod.
Ohh but if i had to choose a cahracter i would want a GiANT BEAST MONSTER WITH 28463726374 LIFE AND DOES 8327438463 damage. That would be cool!

questionmark

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Aris
personally i want to make a cleric. or a ranger. but primarily a cleric.

EDIT: and no a wizard is not the same as a sorceress. sorceress is straight elemental.

Also admins if you find this poll needs a char that i left out feel free to edit the poll list.
what would the cleric or the illusionist do?

Cobalt Wolf

New & improved!
Reaction score
The cleric would um, heal...?
And the ranger would um, *scratches her head*
What do rangers do? Shoot bows... amazons do that.
Kill stuff with a sword... barbarians do that.
I'm not sure what the illusionist would be doing.
I'll get back to you when I find out what they do
(if it isn't something that another class already does)​

Jone_z

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Horse Eater
Guys you are trying to turn this game into Everquest are somthing. lol if you need this VAST world of monsters classes, genders, characters, quests, spells and endless possibilites go buy Morrowind :) . Thats what you guys are describing. For now just hope they add a character like in lod.
Ohh but if i had to choose a cahracter i would want a GiANT BEAST MONSTER WITH 28463726374 LIFE AND DOES 8327438463 damage. That would be cool!
i dont know what this guy is thinking because we are describing a fantaasy game that doesnt exsist and morrowind does exsist.. so keep on with the good ideas and ignor this guy

Cobalt Wolf

New & improved!
Reaction score
He's probably thinking of all the games that look like other games
these days hehe. Have you ever tried EverQuest Jone_Z?​

questionmark

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
there should be a gnome, gnomes are awsome and kick ass. One of there skill should be turn into a statue and kicking people in the shins( cause they r so small). they should also b able to enchant people in both good and bad ways

Bjornita

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
well, obviously all of our ideas are influenced by games we've played and heard about, and people we've listened to. if you want a new, original opinion, then ask someone who's lived in a giant bucket for all of their life....and has heard of RPGs vaguely, but can't remember anything other than that they're fantasy, you play as a group of people, you kill stuff, and there's usually a storyline.

gnomes are cool...in the books i've read ;) dragonlance rules........and the gnomes are so cute.......

AXE.0000

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think that the whole classes idea should go down the drain, getting 2 highly detailed will take away some of the gameplay that diablo has made. also they already made a 'group leader' type of guy that they abviously wanted to play a role in helping other characters, the paliden. but the problem with the paliden is, is that he is so weak in comparison to the other chars. he not exactly a character of choice. what they need to do in diablo 3 is make it so there are special side quest at the end were you need to have a paly with you just to barley survive, they need to make it so that the best of the best of the best of places to get stuff at is so rediculously hard that if you didnt have 1 or 2 palys with you it would be impossoble without the best items already. that would give players a thrill and it would keep them reaching for somthing. make somthing almost unbeatable, but uneccesary. so that the best players and clans will have somthing to do, and the paly will have a more 'meaningfull' purpose. just a thought :)

SiMSuRFeR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
d2 needs a new wep class not a new char

I think d2 could use a new weapon class that lvls as you go with customization abilities like picking your own prefix/suffix when it lvls and have a maximum lvl or something to make it ballanced and mabie be able to add ur own image like that one guy said to the item or have a list of images to chose from and also choose the color. THAt would be cool since if the was a super unique super hard to find but you vcould only find it in act 1 normal and the only way for it to be good is to lvl it up and make the item the best item in the game.

Cobalt Wolf

New & improved!
Reaction score
HMMM... that is a neat concept I must say

Good thinking there Simsurfer​

US-Playboi-US

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Realm... Beginnign to SOund The Same

Ok.. let me tell you what game Diablo III is sounding like if we add a Race Pciker then a Character Class... If any of you have ever played a game called realm taht you pay for... teh graphics are horrible but... u edit the face of ur cahracter weigth and hegiht the biger monster u fight the more EXP.. Like Wizard si weak but has ranged attacks.. and mana capacity... Warrior/Elf is Strong but small and casts spells as well as attacks..Dwarfs are sjtu good at figthing.....

janarda

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well i think it woud be cool to have weight,height,gender etc but not so much that it takes up like 2 gigabites! really if i got diablo 3 with 2 gigabites my com would go as slow as a turtle :)

Well the ranger...hmmmm..well...hmm...umm...I Do Not Now oh well :D

DAM 1 POSTERS! :D jsut had to let it out

BlindOne

Member!
Reaction score
Website
clanbss.cjb.net
I think all you guyz mantioned some cool types, but imagine if there was a samurai,the armor,the helm,the sword..and lots more = )

stgetee

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
or maybe up to act 7 i think it should go up as high a lvl as u want like lvl 344 or somthing