• Total voters

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: I'm not so sure about that...

Originally posted by BentDrill
I can’t rightfully put down your idea though it would be a touch unoriginal. It might just hit a little to close to home for D&D players, after all those who play both D&D and Diablo (like me), want something a little different in our games.

Though I understand where you going with this customizing of class into race-class characters, and though I doubt greatly that the blizzard team would do this in Diablo III there are other ways of working customization into the Diablo classes. For one a choice in the gender of your character would be nice (though this too may present some problems as a male amazon might be rather awkward given the story behind the amazon people). Though it’s all a work in progress, problems can be fixed.
if you didnt already know. D2 IS DND. their already copying it. paly, barb. these chars are all possible variations of DND chars. a paly is a warrior/cleric. a barb is a variation of a warrior class.

and also if you take a look at classic Diablo. they actually have a "warrior" class. and a "wizard" class. its a straight rip off. the least they could do is DO IT RIGH!

i also agree with the ability to choose your sex.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: What would be nice....

Originally posted by Ingwe
Not make it mega-customizable like D&D games, but just have the classes to chose. Maybe 10 or so, and advance them like they did in Dungeon Siege. It's by far the most realistic leveling idea (you level up according to what you fight with: You use a bow, you gain Archery Skills and Dexterity, etc.)

A good rundown of classes (in my opinion, of course):

-Warrior (from Diablo I)
-Rouge (from Diablo I, a cross between Amazon and Assassin)
-Sorcerer/ess
-Paladin (pretty much means Cleric, you'd think...)
-Barbarian
-Druid
-Assassin
-Ranger (a cross between Paladin and Assassin)
-Necromancer
-Amazon
-Wizard

Seriously, a Halfling taking on the legions of Hell...well, at least the legions of Azmodan and Belial?

This might be a cool class: (Arch)angel?
i agree. dungeon siege kicked ass. it only had one major flaw. its online game SUCKED ASS! single player rocked. but single player only gets you so far. then you wanna play with ppl online. but god does their online system suck. i wish it was more like D2 cause if it was id drop D2 in a heartbeat for that game.

they should also make the world an MMORPG. they can keep the game look the way it is now. top down view. although an increased resolution would be nice. but make the world alot bigger than 5 acts. like make the 5 acts. but instead of just talking to someone and boom your instantly their. you actually have to WALK their. and make all the terrain in between teh acts. also have area's off to the side. with more "side quests" that you can do instead of just going to the next major plot quest.
also with this setup it be alot easier to do guilds than the current setup that they have with D2.

the day a company (any company as far as im concerned) comes out with an MMORPG that plays exactly like D2, and has the ability to fully customize your chars and races. and has all the chars/races of DND. that will be the day that i never play any other game ever again. i would pay 20bucks a month for the rest of my life for a game like that.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Maybe the option to play as a demon? It would give weight to the name I've been using for years "Risen Demon", it's like a falling angel.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
FVCK u shado! and a halfling would be nice and if you would read lotr you would know what a hobbit can do!

S

Shakatis

I think in D3 you should be able to choose race,gender,class, and each one should have different bonuses or abilities.

janarda

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah that would be cool having like a remale necro (not that in dialbo 3 i want a necro) and there race and class that would be coooool.....and Aris your forums are veerrryyyy long..

Seks

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Things that have always been flaws in D2 are the quests. D2 is a game where there is a pretty straight trail.

After you have made around 2 lvl 80s, leveling is just going through motions.

Also the lack of character customization.

But if you people want realistic worlds, extreame character cuztomization, nice game engine, go play MMORPGs... You guys expect way to much from a game thats free monthy after purchase.

And from my experience with all MMORPGs, you're always rewarded when you leave the game by selling the account.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Pay for play would be horrible, but I'll probably leave if the hackers come up with another dupe or ITH.

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
we need more nudity..... and a steak sandwich would be nice
hey, you know what diablo 3 needs?
a ninja character and monkeys... oh dear god yes, more monkeys
and no more noobs, if i hear 1 more person ask me what the cube is i will run amoke dismembering people

Vlaidtheimpaler

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think the new class should be like dungeon siege u get to make ur guy and what u put on him looks like hes actualy wearing it

Vlaidtheimpaler

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The should make a Dwarf / Samori / monk and u should be able to creat ur guy like on dungeon siege and what u wear should look like that on ur guy

Bjornita

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
ooh ooh you know what would seriously suck? if your chars aged! so your best sorcie could suddenly keel over from a heart attack, or from choking on a piece of meat she swallowed a bit too quickly, or even contract something like salmonella, that type of thing. only, dwarves and elves would have longer lives, i mean elves are nearly immortal, and in LOTR they are, only so they don't die from old age, you know what i mean? yea, that was random babbling...but it makes some sense. plus, that could keep you making more and more chars....but it could suck. ah well....or maybe you could have a little grave pop up, and you could get your stuff back by robbing your grave....

ro0t

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
a ninja is all diablo 2 needs. whoever said that my hat is off to you.

dear god bring on the NINJAS!