If God is good, why is the world so bad?

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
so basically god refuses to show any evidence of his existence but will sentence you to an eternity of pain and burning if you do not accept it???

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
so basically god refuses to show any evidence of his existence but will sentence you to an eternity of pain and burning if you do not accept it???
You Exist, there is proof enough he exists.

And two minor points, Hell is simply the absence of God, not an actual place. Only those who commit mortal sins and are unrepentant do not "go to heaven", as they have an absence of God in their heart. Not believing doesn't qualify.

tshadow

Reaction score
To disbelieve in God is to reject/contradict many scientific and logical principles. Much of what scientific laypersons take on faith as correct contradict scientific principles. For instance..... God or no god it has been conceived and therefore taking into consideration that nature abhors a vaccum (a scientific idiom); there must eventually be something to occupy that space. I simply believe that space has already been occupied.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
You Exist, there is proof enough he exists.

And two minor points, Hell is simply the absence of God, not an actual place. Only those who commit mortal sins and are unrepentant do not "go to heaven", as they have an absence of God in their heart. Not believing doesn't qualify.
Doesn't come close to convincing me, but why don't you do something useful and be a good person rather than try and convince people you're right?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Doesn't come close to convincing me, but why don't you do something useful and be a good person rather than try and convince people you're right?
I'm not trying to "convince" or "convert" you, but I can and will defend Christianity till I lose my voice, but I don't follow nor believe in Jesus Christ or Christianity. I'm just trying to stamp out all the overwhelming ignorance that exists. Doing good is to educate people, as knowledge is the tool that helps us progress.

And saying "why don't you do something else" when this is a debate on theology means you really shouldn't be engaging in this thread. Why don't you go out and do good instead of caring what I do or say in this thread?

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Let me clarify what I meant, I'm saying why are you telling cheeze bullshit answers to his questions? They're valid questions and you're only making him go further from believing. That kind of attitude alienates people and causes so much bitterness that they get caught up in arguing over something that shouldn't matter THAT much.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Let me clarify what I meant, I'm saying why are you telling cheeze bullshit answers to his questions?
I not once gave bullshit answers.
I gave three valid points to why there are other planets:
God's reasoning for creating us is beyond our comprehension.
God likes creating things, as is evident in us.
The Planets and the stars are there to inspire us.

I can give more:
God created the universe, than billions of years later decided to create life, picking the most appropriate place where from the planets had positioned themselves.

I gave an understanding of the flawed perception of mainstream misunderstanding of hell and the afterlife.

They're valid questions and you're only making him go further from believing.
No, he is an instigator. I know his type, he doesn't believe, nothing I say will change that, and he is just trying to troll. It also isn't my place to care where his faith lies. Plus he ignores everything I say anyways and blindly repeats himself as if he has a question I can't answer.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Why do u guys waste ur time arguing over this? Theres never going to be answers for either side. But what piss's me off is when someone says that yourself is proof god exist. That's bullshit. Seriously. No I don't beilive in god but I don't insult people on there lifestyles like lb n cheeze does. If everyone would just stop trying to throw there beliefs all over the places and just respect people for how they choose to live there lifes, then this world would be a better place for everyone.

Religion brings alot of good out of people but at the same time alot of bad also. Look at iraq suicide bombers for instant. But in reality most people just need to stfu about the subject.

Here's my outlook at life. Life is balanced. + and -. Everything has its opposite that balances the life we live. Without evil there wouldn't be any good. Black - white. Matter - Anit matter ect.

How you balance yourself mentally and your inner self with the world you walk in is the ultimate way of living your life to the fullest. You will do evil things... and you will do good things. No matter how hard you try to stick to one side its going to happen. Just balance kids....balance. Learn it. Embrace it. and respect it.

Listen to this song. the concern we all should be worrying about.

YouTube - Rehab - Graffiti the world

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well yeah this thread wasn't meant to be for everyone to try and disprove everyone. I just thought the Bible study was pretty cool so i shared it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone brings up the "why even talk about it" type arguments. this is a thread on theology and I like discussing it. Why everyone get down on different views on religion, and act like I'm trying to convert people to a religion I DON'T FOLLOW.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying u r pan. Not intended that way but its just this subject is as hostile as politics. No matter what people get violent over the matter and always turns into arguments because someone doesn;t think the way someone esle does or something.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
God's reasoning for creating us is beyond our comprehension.
God likes creating things, as is evident in us.
The Planets and the stars are there to inspire us.
so gods reasons for creating us is beyond our comprehension...
but you've TOTALLY figured out his reasons for creating planets and stars ok.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you mean he created us so we could love each other or love him?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
so gods reasons for creating us is beyond our comprehension...
but you've TOTALLY figured out his reasons for creating planets and stars ok.
Way to bypass what I was saying and take it out of context.

I gave three separate independent reasons. The inspire us comment is independent of the idea that we simply cannot know.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
if god created us in the image of himself then he would have a nose what the hell did he breath and he would have a buttocks with an anus hole so he could shit out the stuff he ate what the hell did he have to eat
and look in the bible it says the earth is flat they obviously dont know anything
Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Job 38:13
13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

Daniel 4:11
11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH:

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
if god created us in the image of himself then he would have a nose what the hell did he breath and he would have a buttocks with an anus hole so he could shit out the stuff he ate what the hell did he have to eat
To support that assertion you'd have to show me it is meant in a literal sense - this means disproving the 2000 year precedence of it basically meaning dignity and free will, disproving evolution (since we would obviously not have been created in the physical image of God), and showing support for God having a physical body. Go for it.

and look in the bible it says the earth is flat they obviously dont know anything
Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Job 38:13
13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

Daniel 4:11
11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH:
Have you ever heard of a figure or speech? People then and now say things like 'I'll travel to the ends of the Earth for you' and yet there is no implication that they're scientifically claiming the Earth has an end.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
prayer makes one feel like they have done something when in reality they have done nothing at all

and why would they say four corners of the earth they clearly think the world is flat

and i thought it was common christian knowledge that god made humans in the image of himself

and if god is real then there is no free will as he will know whats going to happen and what your thinking

TheSummit

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Interesting read. Thanks for sharing @ thread starter.

I don't agree with most of it but that's cause I believe in the existence of one or more higher forces that control our environment but not neccessarily us. I don't know if our existence is meant to be of any importance or just some game. I fail to see our importance considering how small we are compared to the rest of the known universe. Actually it doesn't really matter to me. I'm perfectly fine with just being here.

The Bible is just a book written by men for me, even incomplete, fine-tuned and censored. Nevertheless I respect that people believe in it and there are some passages that make sense, even if it is only common sense. Well, a lot of things we see as common sense might have their origin in one of the "holy" books.

Ah well, as said, for me the bible is a compendium of stories and quotes, men-made and far away from being godly. However, imagination is one of our most valuable goods and a lot of people interpret passages to fit their own needs to find solutions and answers to their problems which is a good thing. It does not matter if some "God" had anything to do with it...it does help a lot of people. This power makes the bible and the other holy books important for us for a very valid reason. Same goes for God and religion. I don't care about or believe in any of it but they do help more people then they harm, that alone deserves respect and acceptance from my side.

Btw: The world isn't bad, we are. I use good and bad here as replacement for the words I believe in: constructive and destructive. We are just greedy and some of us have a natural drive to destroy imo, no superior reason behind it. Let's just hope there is no god with the power to stop us. If there was, one might think that he gave up on us already. That would be the logical conclusion if someone does not repair and save a project he/she/it started but watches how it slowly dies or destroys itself.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
prayer makes one feel like they have done something when in reality they have done nothing at all
I can't make a claim either way for this; do you have some sort of empirical evidence to back up your statement?

and why would they say four corners of the earth they clearly think the world is flat
Already answered: Have you ever heard of a figure or speech? People then and now say things like 'I'll travel to the ends of the Earth for you' and yet there is no implication that they're scientifically claiming the Earth has an end.

Or another example; Jesus says 'i am the vine, you are the branches' at one point in the Bible - are you claiming that since the Bible says it that Christians believe that Jesus was literally tree and we are parts of a tree?

and i thought it was common christian knowledge that god made humans in the image of himself
It's common knowledge amongst Christians that created in God's image is talking about free will. It is common knowledge amongst non-Christians that we physically look like God.

and if god is real then there is no free will as he will know whats going to happen and what your thinking
Why does 'he will know whats going to happen and what your thinking' mean there is no free will?