If God is good, why is the world so bad?

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Despite not believing in god I do believe the bible is good. I just don't think a lot of the people who follow the religion are good people. Far too many of them think simply because they believe whole heartedly that they are good people and justified in their actions while they ignore some of the most critical things outlined in the bible yet focus far too much on outdated aspects. Such as gay marriage and gender equality.

I think the world can be bad simply because too many people are bad people in powerful places.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
see it makes no sense why would he create all these other retarded planets

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
see it makes no sense why would he create all these other retarded planets
Why make anything at all by that logic.

Sorry, but of all the ridiculous religious things people say, the most absurd has got to be "Yeah ... there's this big giant universe and it's expanding, it's all gonna collapse on itself and we're all just here just 'cause ... just cause. "

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
that doesnt answer my question as to why god made mars and jupitor and saturn

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Why make anything at all by that logic.

Sorry, but of all the ridiculous religious things people say, the most absurd has got to be "Yeah ... there's this big giant universe and it's expanding, it's all gonna collapse on itself and we're all just here just 'cause ... just cause. "
Really, it's more based on how you were raised and how you developed psychologically as to what makes more sense to you. Just because something makes sense to you doesn't mean it makes sense to someone else, or will ever make sense to someone else.

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
that doesnt answer my question as to why god made mars and jupitor and saturn
Because the Big Bang, there I answered you, haha :D

I had that same discussion in my philosphy class Renzo, but I don't remember what it concluded to be in arguements, what I can recall is that all religions of course see him differently in appearance, what he does, etc. But yeah, I think it resulted in if he's all good, why is there bad, just because of our own free will that we create bad. ... something along those lines if anyone wants to jump in for corrections.

But I agree with Pan, were doing fine in current times.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm going off topic a bit, but you do realize that the big crunch is incredibly uncertain because we don't know the nature of dark matter, right? Not that it changes the overall question at all, as it would just be why would God create a universe that would eventually die through heat death (or other such endings) (plus it would be stupid to attack just the question because the question and meaning behind it was already answered by someone else).

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm going off topic a bit, but you do realize that the big crunch is incredibly uncertain because we don't know the nature of dark matter, right? Not that it changes the overall question at all, as it would just be why would God create a universe that would eventually die through heat death (or other such endings) (plus it would be stupid to attack just the question because the question and meaning behind it was already answered by someone else).
That's the thing, we know so little and for anyone to sit down and even try to examine the theories is an exercise in absurdity.

The point is this, anyone trying to ask questions about "why does God..." anything is futile, because the very definition of God should be that we can't and shouldn't understand why God would do anything, and in doing so would blow our minds. On the flip side people who can't understand God, or throw around a bunch of science theories as the be all of the origins and ending of our universe is a hopeless moron. There are so many things I feel like typing about groups of people who piss me off with these topics but I have other, better things to do. But Know this, no one should presume to know anything about God, the universe, or anything in between, because we do really know so little. It's like trying to argue an ant can observe Humans then preach about human biology because it has used a telescope (as hilarious an image of an ant with a telescope watching me is).

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
He leavess for a retreat and he comes back a bible humper.

Great.

edit; and it's the Big Bounce now. Not the Big Bang.

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
Big Bang sounds much more cooler though .. psh

To think of it another way, people can say they really know the true meaning, say random shit, and of course we don't believe it from higher knowledge of things, but how do we know whats right and wrong, for most people, we just live and forget about such in depth complicated theories, that just living and enjoying life is fine .. which is what I'm just doing. :D

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
interesting note @ pan: I read through A Brief History of Time a little while ago (I didn't understand most of it either because I'm stupid or don't care about science that much) but I thought it was interesting that Hawking makes a bunch of references to a creator when talking about origin.

I also thought it was interesting that most of the currently accepted scientific theories sound like shit I'd say when I'm stoned "duuude like what if space-time were... cuuurved"

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Really, it's more based on how you were raised and how you developed psychologically as to what makes more sense to you. Just because something makes sense to you doesn't mean it makes sense to someone else, or will ever make sense to someone else.
I agree, parents pass down their beliefes and knowledge to their children.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
I agree, parents pass down their beliefes and knowledge to their children.
I wouldn't say that, my parents are catholic. I'm not. However I think lots of events in my life lead to me deciding to not follow the religion.

I's say there is a correlation between what the parents believe and know and what the children believe and know but I wouldn't say its the majority of influence.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
and why are most of the animals suffering? i see hungry dogs on the street from time to time. =\
Dude, that is what Nature is. Limited resources mean one animal that eats means another doesn't. That is why evolution fucking works because only the best animals survive.

People cry about animals being in cages, but the alternative is a life of struggling to eat day to day sometimes going huge periods with no food whatsoever and harsh weather and other predators. animals have it fucking mint in captivity.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
so emperor pan why did god create these extra planets