Idea's For SC2 Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Member!
Reaction score
...spy should actualy be a cloaked probe, just like protoss has. It could attach to any race's CC, Hatchery or Nexus and then you could see his all other buildings. Or if it's too hard to get to the main building, you could attach to any building but then you could only see building's view (like parasite but on buildings). And if one of them gets in your CC, etc. you could buy investigation for let's say 50 ore, or 25 ore & 25 gas... It would be very interesting thing... :) ofcourse if during "investigation" "probe" is found, it would be automatically destroyed/disabled.

...or maybe Protoss probe should have this ability....

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Or it could be set up like this: Whatever building you attach it to it will give you vis with the unit it produces. Like if I attach to Barracks it will let me see all of you Marines, Medics, and FireBats. If I attach to CC then I can see all of your SCV's.

TanK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.scdos.cjb.net
Lol, Just going through and reading this thread alls i see is mainly bashings of other's ideas, and other people posting theirs to try and say that their ideas are better. Then a cycle was formed.

Personally, I think all the ideas are good...I, myself cant sit here and think of one because ive destroyed one 2 many brain cells but allz im saying is that all these ideas are cool and creative and rather than bash, you should help or give like ideas to make it better or improove it a bit.

Im putting my 2 cents in. Well not really, more like a penny...or maybe a half of a penny is that possible? .5% or maybe im just thinking too hard, holy shit is that Barbera Strysan? My IQ just dropped.

~TanK/Chaynz

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
I have another idea :) Its and ability Zerg. Instead of Hydras morphing into Lurkers and having to stay that way, they should have the ability to morph back into Hydras.

I also gotan idea for a new race, Elemental!

I hope SCII doesn't make it to where you need food/stone thats the main reason I chose SC over WC because you only have to worry about 2 resources.

Slick

Member!
Reaction score
2 Tank:

well I don't think i bashed someones ideas, well maybe, I have no time to read my posts again :) cause of obvious reasons :))
but mostly i've just changed some ideas a bit I thought would be better and explained them in more detailed way....

fallenwarrior64

Member!
Reaction score
Website
fallenwarrior64.diary-x.com
I dont think it would be best to make any new units, eventhough it would be great. The thing is, if they keep expanding on the same races over and over, the arsenal is going to get to big. What they should do is just make a whole new race. It would take a bit but I think it would be better then just keep adding units.

Slick

Member!
Reaction score
I dont agreewith u, fallen64.Ye, it would be awesom to make a new race, if they could keep the game balanced. But units, i think the more units there are - the better game it is. They dont need to make totaly new units. It would be very good if they would make more kind of marines, tanks and air units. Zerglings should be able to morph to stronger zerglings. Few kind of hydras would be cool. The same with protoss.

What happened with this discussion? why nobody posts here any more? come on... I like dreaming 'bout new sc. Post something

nuclearhead

Reaction score
how bout letting the templar and darktemplar form some kinda super archon which could heal units like zealots, dragoons, etc. but healing mechanical units would cost 3 times the mana, and air units 5 times.

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Way too overpowered, but thats still a good idea for something less powerful. Maybe a Toss Archon that could heal unit shields, but instead of just healing 1 it could heal with splash a con would be that it uses the 3x as much energy to heal with just 1 shot then a Medic. This isn't one of my best ideas, but tryin to give an example of how you can lessen the power.

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Lol, no trying to sound like a smart ass, but you didn't have any idea's of your on. You just posted improvements and stuff about what people have already said. But it dont bother me cuz I like to see feedback.

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Lol, wait nevermind you did post an idea. I must have missed it earlier :) I like the Speedboat idea, but I would really like it if the Vultures could just tech to be amphibious, so instead of just purchasing a water form of the Vulture, it could just ride in water and lay mines like it was on a solid surface.

SumacWarrior

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Toss needs another unit.... maybe a unit that comes out of the robotics facility and can transform between a short range ground attacker (like three) when its mobile, and then it could set its self up like a range 6 turret, but weaker like 12 attack air, 9 attack ground

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
u no in the secrect level in brood war the zerg campain if u ever got there duran is makeing a protoss/zerg hybrid maybe sc 2 might have it it would be kool

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
What if Zerg gets this extremly powerful unit that could collect samples of other units DNA for the Overmind.. That would be a good idea for a story, but it would still be pretty sweet to have Zerg with mutated Marines..

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
woops mesed up replace alpha whith beta on the send link

S

SecretC

How about a unit designer not unlike the one in Warzone 2019. Then there could be thousands of different units rather thean 20-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.