Idea's For SC2 Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

BliZz_fan

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Are we able to play sc2 in a 3D format--not like any other RTS games, able to see the planetary terrain and stuctures,units and buildings with a nearer and more life-sized view?

--/- please make friends with me, please reply

Slick

Member!
Reaction score
Making SC2 in WC3 engine is really, really dumb idea. I wish blizzard could here this... SC already has awesom engine and dont throw it away god damn it!! if u want (stupid blizzard :) make higher resolution and more detailed graphics, that wuold be superb, but please dont change the engine, or atleast DONT make it 3D !!!!

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Tats true Blizzard already had enough trouble with engines when they where makin Sc

Valkarius

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How about a zerg unit that CAN burrow, travel by tunneling, camouflage itself, AND ambush units by dragging them down underground?
Or a totally new zerg colony that can actually entangle flying units and slowly crush them into scrap?
Or a massive zerg air unit mutated from an overlord that not only provides food and cloaking detection, but also has a high electrical discharge attack against air/land units AND possesses a variant of Dark Swarm but this time against air units? (ok so maybe I'll scratch the Swarm thing; it might be too powerful at that point)

B)ushid(o

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
they sound hecka powerful eh? :) "ambush them by dragging them underground" sound unescapable and a wee bit to powerful.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think if they make a new race that all its building float and they have to use transports or the building could beam them down to get to the ground.
Also the buildings could have a masasive hp value.....but they all have a sort of add on which you blow up and they lose all there air. this is because they can breath on any planet except there own. So in there floating buildings they make there own air.

And also a Zerg
Heroe that could infest any terran unit so its like duran and kerrigan but not like infested marines.

Back to new race in space mapes they build in space and not on the platforms. And there own planet shouldnt be avalible to play on apart from secret lvl.:D I think if they make a new race that all its building float and they have to use transports or the building could beam them down to get to the ground.

Reaction score
Website
www.alpha-squadron.net
Terran needs to have a special "quick transport" unit. Zerg has nydus canal, protoss has arbiter "recall" ability. terran needs to have a "teleport" ability that something like a comsat staion can use for 150 energy.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Agreed. That is an excellent idea. Maybe even 200 energy because if you had enough comsat stations you could transport a whole lot of stuff.
Or maybe a Chrono machine. Like from RA2. Which is like recall but a building creates it. A dome of blue stuff goes around units a radius similar to recall and immediately transports them to the desired destination. Comsat reveals, Chrono transports. Easy. But it might be 2 overpowered, because you dont use units like the arbiter. So no losses will occur. Except the ones being transported.

DjBlaze

Member!
Reaction score
Website
starghost.com
I hope there's going to be like a new sorta ghost that has special ops sorta like a seal which could hide in water and when ship comes they shoot it or something. Just an idea --c

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by CerebralChain
Some of the ideas here are really... *cough* lame *cough*
Sure like ur ideas are really great

B

Baltes

Some Thoughts

Terran--I like the idea of a highly mobile ground transport. Like the ATVs (Armored Transport Vehicle) in real life. Able to get into combat, distribute troops, and get out.

Terran or Protoss--Some kind of Goliath-like unit that has the abilty to transform from a bi-ped to a flying unit (Robotech type thing)

Zerg--The idea of an underground worm sounds feasible, as a combat unit or transport. Tremors anyone? (OOH! new race :) evolves from subterranean to terrestrial to avian....hmmm)

Someone suggested a buried building that detects surface movement--let's call it seismic detection, that has potential.

I believe the SC2 engine will be like the WC3 one. If so, the models will be much more detailed, more terrain options, etc.

Blizzard seems to keep its stuff in check when it comes to balancing, so I don't think that will be an issue in the final release.

~Baltes

B

Baltes

Possible SC2 Models

http://www.homestead.com/steadyofrude/files/Marine_Solo_1_gg.jpg
Up Close of a Marine

http://www.homestead.com/steadyofrude/files/Marine_Solo_2_gg.jpg
Distance View of a Marine

http://www.homestead.com/steadyofrude/files/Hydralisk_Solo_1_gg.jpg
Up Close of a Hydralisk

http://www.homestead.com/steadyofrude/files/Hydralisk_Solo_2_gg.jpg
Distance View of a Hydralisk

http://www.homestead.com/steadyofrude/files/Zergling_Solo_1_gg.jpg
Up Close of a Zergling

http://www.homestead.com/steadyofrude/files/Zergling_Solo_2_gg.jpg
Distance View of a Zergling

Oh, and you don't wanna mess with these marines, this is what happens if you do....
http://www.homestead.com/steadyofrude/files/Marine_vs._Ogres.jpg

Edit: Looks like they're working atm. If you all want me to post them interacting with each other let me know.

~Baltes

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wing_0
Sure like ur ideas are really great
No... I didn't say that. I'll let the idea makin up to the Blizzard-team... I mean, do they listen to the ideas in this forum? I seriously doubt it.

Fingersman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok........ some of you guys are thinking outside of the SC universe.

I really don't think water units would work in SC....you guys are putting other game ideas into SC...and that just is not going to work.

One thing that hope Blizzard leaves the same is the 200 units ( I LIKE THE IDEA OF MASS UNITS)....and if Blizzard introduces Heroes on Bnet I will hang myself.

Trenches for terran?? What do you think bunkers are for?? I could understand a bunker with a missle turrent or something.

Now for my ideas

Terran
New units/ upgrades for units

Ok have a force field for the ground units.......it will protect the units in the surrounding area for a short time period or until it takes a certain amount of damage. The units can not move out of the area.

Reason: If you could move your army then what would stop you from building 5 Sc and just putting a force field around your units and a going though an enemies front door??

Oh yeah this would take 150 energy.

-----------------
tanks with machine guns........the machine guns can only be used when in seige mode....and the machine guns do not do much damage and are short ranged.

--------------------
A new terran infantary unit
Hmmmmmm maybe a close range fighting unit......or maybe a long range one??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

---------------------------
Upgrade the Vultures for sure
No ground transport units...let the marines walk, go exercise.

Oh yeah give the command centre the ablity to self destruct, and kill most of the surrounding units.

Reasoning: If I go down these bastards that killed me gotta come along...plus imagine flying a CC into an enemies base and boom.
Takes about 10 seconds to explode.
--------------------------

I'll post some other ideas with Toss and stuff after I think about it.

Slick

Member!
Reaction score
2 fingersman:
*Force field, maybe not bad idea, i dunno, i think that could work out...
*Tanks /w machineguns, no way, that's just dumb, especialy if those guns are close range =] and if they work only on siege mode, thats not logical dont u think? I think tanks are too powerful already.
*New vehicle, maybe, but I think it's enough of those vehicles except ATM, that would be awesom and original unit in BW, I'd love to see something like it...
*CC detonation is the best idea of yours, man, that's a good one, lets say someone rushes with lings or zealots and attacks your CC, you blow up your base and kill all lings or zealots around the CC, this would bring some new tacticts and hell a lot of laugh =], It should work like nuclear bomb, just way less damage. Or maybe all terran mechanical units and buildings should do some damage after destroying, that would help them to stop toss and zerg rushes i think :) and more ppl would use range units agains terran probably =]

Fingersman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks ....but I really liked the idea of machine guns on the tanks...oh well it's good to get people's opinions on your ideas.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
tarren shuls prob have a melee unit

Slick

Member!
Reaction score
yeeeeeeh, u're right, terran has only one melee unit. Let's see, zerg has...
...zergling
...ultralisk
...and maybe broodling could count =]
toss has...
...zealot
...archon
...dark templar

ok, so toss rulez on melee, zerg rulez because they have ling, my most favourite unit, and terr sux ofcourse =]

Status
Not open for further replies.