Idea's For SC2 Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilchi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
CowsINBikinis is too loud. I think all ground-based strains should be able to tunnel underground. If not all, then at least the Lurker strain (is already burrow-specialized) and Ultralisk strain (it could move a LOT of dirt with those freakin' huge claws). And DEFINITELY a new capital-class air-based strain.

Protoss: needs a new capital ship. Carriers are too easy to take out if you know what you're doing. Also they should bring back the Psi Assault ground to ground weapon for the High Templar, and maybe stick a new ground unit in somewhere.

Terrans: all new Terran units should be primarily infantry, I think. After all, most wars on Earth took place between large amounts of INFANTRY backed up by various support units (armoured, cavalry, engineer etc). At least 3 new infantry units. Plus an air unit that would have two modes like a siege tank, one mode air-to-air fighter other mode assault bomber (like a guardian).

Ghosts should be able to psistorm, but it should cost some more energy 'cause they're not as efficient.

Maybe a Terran Carrier-type air unit that can build a nuke. Kind of like a mobile Silo. But you should still need a Ghost to target otherwise it's just like <bip> I can fly over the big ocean behind your resources and nuke you.

I hope blizzard's reading this.

Eldrich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
miserymire.tripod.com
Perhaps the ability to infest all buildings (or rather just all the terran's) instead of only the Command Center for the Zerg. Kinda like the engineer from Command & Conquer that someone mentioned earlier. But it's better to give it to only one race, rather than all of them. Giving an identical unit to all the races is quite boring. All races need to specialize in something different, otherwise its just another Warcraft 2. No offense to that game, though.

By specializing, I mean (through my experiances) Zerg mass; Terran mobile; Protoss technilogical. I might be a bit off on that, but I hope that you get the idea of what I'm tryign to get at.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
A new race shall be made the Shrimp the Shrimp shall rule the universe! Shrimps are water units and some can fly!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Ok shrimpshark. I think that's enough shrimp for you today...there is no chance in hell a team named 'shrimp' will be made, but there's nothing wrong with hoping for it...

T

test_dummey

i think these ideas are good and poor some are dumb some are amazing

but a unit that would inpress me is a infested tank like a normal tank only when set it it lobs green slime at the enemey units and the slime slowley killey them the would be tuff and for normal they just run into the guys

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
how the hell would a tank be infested! thee zerg might be able to commend but thay dont know how to use a tank!

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
True, and besides it requires an organic lifeform in order to infest something, and the attack would be gay. That much splash and the effect would make the unit horribly overpowered.
Basically your idea looks like a Zerg tank with plague effect.

I want to see an Ultralisk evolution, something big, but slow, decent attack and HP, but cost alot of money and time. It should also be able to attack air and ground.

Sylvan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my ideas

terran unit
able to put a small area 5 min back in time and for a limited time that would be cool

protoss unit
fire fly that does minimal damage but can be attached as an extra plasma shield for protoss units and can explode and do manaburn like war3s wisp

zerg unit
a cheap unit that can fly for 2 minutes and then lands and becomes a permanent land unit

new races
it would be cool if the xelnaga would return in some strange form

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
it would be real nice if the xel-naga would retern that would be the best idea ive heard so far!

Sylvan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
New races!

Anyway i already know that 1 of the new races is gonna be the zerg protoss hybrid the bonus mission clearly implies this also samier duran is probebly gonna be a big character in the next starcraft, :eek: hell he maybe a xel-naga

Sylvan

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
i already pointed that out, i can't remember it exactly, but he says something that hes a higher being than either the toss, or the zerg, so either hes a hybrid or a xel-nage, in a human-like form

Fist_of_Krosa

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I like the idea of infestation of other terran units, zerg should have a queen esq unit like that, ie King, and to counter that effect medics would have a new ability, Disinfect, or something like that....

Fist_of_Krosa

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here's an idea: An air unit that doesn't just hover over a target doing minimal damage to it. A faster air unit that does massive damage to ground targets but has to relkoad for say 20-30 seconds. I hope its not a complete ripoff of a C&C esq air unit, ie "Terran Orca Bomber" Well thats my idea.

ross

Member!
Reaction score
what if we had a universal unit that all races had that detected, cloaked all units around it and itself,attak air and ground units

ross

Member!
Reaction score
and they also need a new race with all water unitsand a land unit to transport it

S

superdude

ok now listen to this

well i have played sc scince it came out and taking a look at the evolution of games and of the patches and esxpancions i came to these simple conclusions of what sc2 MUST have:

terrans-
-water units

-an improved bunker thing (with capacity for more units not just infantry)

-the capacity for command centers to attack (kinna like in aoe2 and conquerors, the villagers enter the town center when rushed and attack back, in this case it would be scv's)

-marines should be improved, they must have some sort of bonus, they are the weakes of the basic infantry untis(order: zealot, ling and marine)

-battlecruisers should act as dropships too (for large units only like tanks and goliaths)

-also in the campaining, the terrans must win in this sc2 version. Also a connection to the terran history, to where they became terrans and stopped being "humans".,..

thats all i can say for now, scince i always play with terrans! lol

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Water units and buildings would be good, but it would have to be made to were you don't have a basic water building to continue the earth unit tech. It would be pretty cool to have spells that could boil water and kill units within a certain range of were it was casted.
I want to see a new spell that could tempararely cloak a unit that would be sweet :)

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by SmashBros.Pro
Maybe moving turret for Terran.
It should be able to move around and attack like a Marine but only to air units. It shouldn't have very high HP maybe 150.
Kind of a Goliath without their machine gun weapon.

Also it would be pretty cool if they had a Virus based race that has mostly bio weapons.

And a new Spell could be "Quicken"..
Makes units attack and speed rate double, but only for a short time.
Like Stim pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.