Forum Changes - Comments

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
Fair doos... sounds cool i guess.

what is happening about reviving all the game sections we have though, being the main feature. the guides renewal and whatnot and i see the old broken link stickys are gone, Whats the policy for games modification and hacking like we had when i joined?

Also any news on a few more "other interests" sections?

ED: my bad i didnt see the hacking section subforums

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The one thing I liked about BF, was that it didn't seem to me like a serious/boring gaming forum with no flame tolerance and strict rules, but more like a semi-semi-serious forum where you could chat/flame about pretty much anything. But now that's gonna change? :(

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
The one thing I liked about BF, was that it didn't seem to me like a serious/boring gaming forum with no flame tolerance and strict rules, but more like a semi-semi-serious forum where you could chat/flame about pretty much anything. But now that's gonna change? :(
we can still have flames. its just going to be stuff like your strat sucks or your mom is big like a battlecruiser! awesome

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't trying to be cool, it's just not something that needs to be known. But thanks for the compliment :)

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
So I just saw that Roach is the only admin here with more than 1.7k posts. Interesting.

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Just deleted the posts regarding the details of the sale. As Eric said, these details are private. Let's get back on-topic here.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I think that's because some staff forums/asylum other places got deleted.

Speaker

Premium Member
Reaction score
quick question, not necessarily personal- how much d/did the ads (or at least the old ones) pay to be advertised, if anything?

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure WHY that matters to you..but the old ads brought in a few hundred a month I'd think (this is including our old affiliate).

And by the way, I'm much cooler than eric ;)

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah...Eric is like 100 degrees and roach is like 98.7....get it...cooler then he is....alright that was bad.

Speaker

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure WHY that matters to you..but the old ads brought in a few hundred a month I'd think (this is including our old affiliate).

And by the way, I'm much cooler than eric ;)
because eric said it was more than cheeze could afford..and wouldnt those ads pretty much pay for most, if not all, of the site

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
It costs a lot to lease out a server unless you own your own. BF used to cost a little over 2500 dollars a year back in the day, I think that was the figures that I was given. When you own your own server and your own bandwidth, it's cheaper per year, but those lines are costly.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
BF's old server (the slow one) cost about that much. Regardless, BF's finances (in any aspect) are not up for discussion, for obvious reasons. Please stop.