Forum Changes - Comments

Max

Member!
Reaction score
I'd very much like to ask why exactly was I banned. I haven't done anything wrong, all I did was discussing things, forumwise. I'm not whining about anything, all I did was present arguments of why I think Asylum should be there, but I never said I wouldn't accept it if it wasn't, nor am I flaming anyone for anything, except what is my own post style (which is seldom offensive, and if you get offended it's not my fault, is it?). So please, in the name of fairness, why was I banned?
You're welcome to PM me. I believe a reason was supplied when you were banned, but I will be happy to reiterate it.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
What, saying I disrespected people?

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Please do not make any negative comments about other members. As I've said many times, you're welcome to voice your concerns in a PM. I appreciate the support, but in fairness to all, this rule applies to all.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Again, it's not up for public discussion. Feel free to PM me.
Last time I PMed you with a question, even after you said 'Feel free to PM me', you didn't bother to answer. What would make me think it'd be anything different?

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Last time I PMed you with a question, even after you said 'Feel free to PM me', you didn't bother to answer. What would make me think it'd be anything different?
I have two private messages from you. The first I answered, the second I completely forgot about. At the time you sent me the second private message, I was receiving upwards of 10 private messages a day.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Can we please clean up some or a all of the old outdated stickies? They're everywhere, in every forum, and they're making this place look out of date. We must trick the new members into thinking we're up to date. Also, new smiley set would make me happy. :p

I didn't know where to post this.

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
yeah also.. any news on what off topic sections will be bought back?

ah yea by the way, i see in some sections that there are a lot of old posts about game modifying where the users are being told by section moderators that hacks discussion is not allowed, and now i see recently re-added hacking sections which im assumin it means hacking talk is now allowed again. dont you think we should kinda remove them anti hacking posts before people get confused wether its allowed or not? might make it look a bit more professional..

im still bit confused on what the plan is here appart from that new skin too...

Tupac Amaru Shakur

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Someone hax0rd the forums.....

Speaker

Premium Member
Reaction score
you should create groups people can join. sort of like guilds or cliques.
if someone from an online clan comes here they can have either a user page for themselves, or maybe a hidden forum or forum requiring password that only that clan or group can enter. it helps enable a family feeling and would bring members in.

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Can we please clean up some or a all of the old outdated stickies? They're everywhere, in every forum, and they're making this place look out of date. We must trick the new members into thinking we're up to date. Also, new smiley set would make me happy. :p

I didn't know where to post this.
Yes, we'll start working on that soon. I'm going to ask the community to help me do so. Expect a thread about it within the next week.

if someone from an online clan comes here they can have either a user page for themselves, or maybe a hidden forum or forum requiring password that only that clan or group can enter. it helps enable a family feeling and would bring members in.
That's certainly something to think about. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
we had that....

Max

Member!
Reaction score
The portal page is currently being coded. Please keep in mind, coding is not programming. Once the portal page is coded, the vBulletin coder will begin. I'm expecting the portal page to be coded by Thursday, and the vBulletin skin to be coded and installed by Monday.

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
so... any news with the offtopic sections? revamping the blizzard games sections is all good, but i still think we need something else...

Max

Member!
Reaction score
so... any news with the offtopic sections? revamping the blizzard games sections is all good, but i still think we need something else...
Yes, we're going to be re-integrating certain off-topic sections. This will be done either this weekend or once the new skin is up.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump, but this post is definitely necessary.

So what now Max?

1) You have implimented the new skin
2) You have Updated the server

When are you going to do the following?
1) Implimenting the new off-topic sections (As mentinoed in your above post)
2) Work to improve the content? All I have seen is really posts and the new skin. Though the new skin is really nice, I really haven't seen much of anything from the staff to try to impliment content.

You guys need to keep the forum informed so that we know what's going on and don't assume you are being lazy.

3) Are you re-adding the arcade?
4) Are you re-adding the reputation system?
5) Did you give up on us?

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
What LB said. Plus the smilies part.

- Amantis

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Sorry to bump, but this post is definitely necessary.

So what now Max?

1) You have implimented the new skin
2) You have Updated the server

When are you going to do the following?
1) Implimenting the new off-topic sections (As mentinoed in your above post)
2) Work to improve the content? All I have seen is really posts and the new skin. Though the new skin is really nice, I really haven't seen much of anything from the staff to try to impliment content.

You guys need to keep the forum informed so that we know what's going on and don't assume you are being lazy.

3) Are you re-adding the arcade?
4) Are you re-adding the reputation system?
5) Did you give up on us?
1. We're going to implement the Technology section as soon as I figure out the most efficient way to do so. There's thousands of threads that would need to be moved, and we just don't have the "man power" to get it done manually.
2. Yes, that's an ongoing process, which I admit, I have neglected.
3. No.
4. Possibly.
5. No.