Reaction score

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Leave your creepy sexual fantasies out of this, Flash..=P

Speaker

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a student. Website development is something I do on the side.

For those of you who care, BF is now on a private dedicated server with the following configuration: Dual Core Xeon 3060, 4GB DDR2 667, 2x250GB SATA II. I personally can't stand slow loading websites, especially when they're forums.

I hired Exaltic to design it.

vBSEO has been installed in order to increase the forum's search engine friendliness.

Once the new forum skin is complete, I'm going to hire another designer to create the portal's design. It will then be sent to the coder, and then to the programmer who will develop the content management system.

We're going to fill the portal with high quality content. I'm not quite sure what we're going to do, at this point, but I'm open to suggestions.

Whatever content we do host, will be user-submitted. BF will encourage user interaction. I was thinking a custom replay system where forum members can submit a replay and other members can download it, rate it, comment on it, etc. Another idea I've been throwing around is a custom screenshot system which would be similar to the replay system. When this happens, member profiles will be revamped to display the content the user has submitted.

Eventually we're going to host tournaments and competitions. These won't be for intangible prizes though, we're talking cash, games, subscriptions, t-shirts, etc.
maybe create custom third party programs for blizzard games such as a BF Screen Captcher (lets you film only part of your game play) or like stuff along those lines where it is our own custom programs with our name on the product. may get expensive tho

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
We had shirts, but no one bought them. At least I thought we did.

Tw@

Hello
Reaction score
Our shirts sucked.
NOTHENS BETTUR THEN SPAMMIN TEH VOID LOLZ
shirts are gay

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
cort bought one for me. It's too big though.

- Amantis

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
yes....its not like im gonna run into someone whos like...omgz lol ur a *** for liking bf....they will be like...uh whats bf, and ill be like "oh its just a huge online community i started back in 02, it wasn't much then but now its like a mecha for gaming, and other stuff...like wealthy bankers, and graphic designers....its made me rich what can i say" wow that really took a turn....but its what i would say

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I'd very much like to ask why exactly was I banned. I haven't done anything wrong, all I did was discussing things, forumwise. I'm not whining about anything, all I did was present arguments of why I think Asylum should be there, but I never said I wouldn't accept it if it wasn't, nor am I flaming anyone for anything, except what is my own post style (which is seldom offensive, and if you get offended it's not my fault, is it?). So please, in the name of fairness, why was I banned?