Countdown to Blizzards' new game

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I can't stand Starcraft. If it isn't diablo 3 then I guess I'm not playing any blizzard games for another 3-4 years after this mystery games release.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
No really guys it's going to be starcraft 2.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
You'd have to be an idiot to think otherwise. It'd honestly be stupid of them to not release a new Starcraft game. Everything would be out of sync and they'd basically be giving SC the finger, since it is next in line for a new game.

Diablo is ****ing lamesauce, seriously, it's a terrible game. Play WoW, there's a good ****ing RPG, without the hacks.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
World of Warcraft is over rated by far. I played it for four months, spending most of my time wondering why everyone thinks it's so amazing, it's just another MMORPG. Needless to say, I let the last two pre-paid months on my account rot.

I played Diablo I & II for almost six years, and had a blast.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
To each his own i guess.

The two factors that make WoW alot of fun - Friends, and reaching the level cap. I wouldn't play if Cortalos and Phey (In-game friend) didn't play. I'd honestly feel lonely and just stop playing.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The largest turn off for me was the servers. Everytime I found a nice, populated, even sided, server it would take about a month and then it would start losing it's populace or become far too uneven. It was such a turnoff that the highest level character I managed was a level 39 Undead Rogue, but then I decided to change servers again.

It was fun, but it just wasn't what I thought it would be.

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
WoW is environment based, it's like living on earth. Alone it's boring, lonely, and not worth it. Though with people and friends it's like a whole new world. You definately get more out of the game when you have people to enjoy it with.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I definitely realize this, as I've played online games, and comptetive games with friends for years.

One of the first things I did was find a guild with a ventrilo sever. ;)

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
If it is SC that is announced when do you speculate a release?

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
If it is SC that is announced when do you speculate a release?
I would say they've done some work on it already, if not enough to get an idea of how people will react to the gameplay. They don't want to turn this into another SC: Ghost, HYPE -> BAD GAME -> KILLED GAME.

So... soon enough?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
They said they'd have a playable version of it at this conference so, I'm assuming it's in beta.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Diablo is seriously a shitty ass game. If they release d3 ever they better higher some ****ing writers.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That goes for every game, really.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Aliens and elves...? Those are characters, not story. D2's story is just mythological story structure with tolkien-esque fantasy elements. Clicheeeee. But to each his own. I guess I wouldn't have played it for several years if there weren't something fun about it.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Aliens and elves...? Those are characters, not story. D2's story is just mythological story structure with tolkien-esque fantasy elements. Clicheeeee. But to each his own. I guess I wouldn't have played it for several years if there weren't something fun about it.
Well I didn't mean specifically the characters, more the overall theme, but you get it.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Diablo story sucks, really. There's this magical stone that has the soul of a primal evil on it.

Kek.

I very much prefer SC story to Diablo's.