Countdown to Blizzards' new game

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
they arn't going to release another warcraft game. with the exception of another expansion, they won't make a game that would take away from their own success. Why cannibalize your own Warcraft fan base with a new game.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
...but they just released TBC like a couple months ago. I have to admit it would be pretty funny to see how pissed off SC fans would be if it were another WoW expansion.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I think it would make me quit WoW. Seriously.

I'm taking a break for exams anyway.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
...but they just released TBC like a couple months ago. I have to admit it would be pretty funny to see how pissed off SC fans would be if it were another WoW expansion.
It would be an announcement. They plan to release an expansion every year, so if they are planning on another one, they could announce it any day.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
its going to be a starcraft game. why else would they hold the announcment in s. korea? not that it matters, itll be another 3 years before whatever they announce finishes...or worse, itll be cancelled 2 years in.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I really think it's going to be starcraft 2.

they left the story arc unfinished (remember that bonus mission), blizzard was none too happy when vivendi boxed ghost, so I'm certain they'll want to cash in on that universe.

I'm not really sure where they could go with a sequel to diablo. All the prime evils are dead.
When Tyrael destroyed the Worldstone because Baal had corrupted it with the energies from his Soulstone, it was supposed to have brought down a bunch of boundaries between realms. That pretty well paves the way for anything Blizzard wants to do with D3. And the Prime Evils never really die, as far as I can tell. I think they just got imprisoned within their Soulstones, and the Soulstones were shattered. It's entirely possible that some big badguy could have reunited the shards of the Soulstones and resurrected the Prime Evils or something. There's no telling.

Personally, I'm craving a new SC fix.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
inuyasha meets diablo? collect the shikon jewles to make sure diablo/meph/baal arnt revived! :)

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
it only took a year for TFT :O

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Its Blizzard we are talking about here. You know they are going to pull a slick willy. I bet they call out some new WC something, anything, just to mess with us. Then reveal SC2 or DiabloIII.

Bjornita

Reaction score
Just going by the logic set up in that time line, it's not going to be a dumb expansion pack.

it could still be a dumb full-length addition to an overused universe however.

i want protoss that are protoss and not draenai

Zmoney

Reaction score
Pray to god its not another warcraft

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I have a friend who works for blizzard and the new game is going to be starcraft.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
The front page just changed. It's got the Diablo cover now.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I wonder why they didn't show Diablo I & II together?

I think I'm going to reinstall Diablo I again, it's still a fun game.

Hopefully it installs without any problems, as Dungeon Keeper didn't work out too well a few days ago.