Anti-AWP tactics.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
If you use hacks will you get banned on WON?

RiX

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
thelazyshopper.wwdb.biz
i basically strafe and shoot against most awpers....
because i usually know where the awpers are so you spam the corners of the walls...where they usually come out of they get scared and go back in...unless they strafe out and shoot...which in cases alot of the high ranked poeple in the world do...

but awpers will ALWAYS win..no matter what....even with ever strat they will ALWAYS win from my experience...that is...if your good with a AWP....

and umm....whoever says dont USE flashes..are dumb....flashes are the key to killing someone..why would you NOT use flashes?...like seirously...it blinds a person for a short amount of time but that helps you get sooo much closer to an awper...and o ya another thing

STAY out of the range scope...many new awpers double scope so Master is right if you move fast and their low sense they wont keep onto you....but then again...some REALLY good people can double scope awp...which....yes...who feels like chicken?

o ya walking is a KEY thing against awpers...they rely alot on sight...if you get close...always jump across to the other side of the awper...if he finds out your next to him and spray him to death....knife kills are funny...but if you get awped unzoomed by a person whlie your trying to knife him is EVEN WORSE...because

a stab a awper knows...then he unzooms your ass because its hard to miss 1 inch away from you

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I say don't use flashes because they're nearly useless. They only blind a person for about 5 seconds, which can be more than enough time to kill the person. But the problem is they're so unreliable and even then so easy to dodge simply by turning around when you hear one bouncing that using one will more likely cause you to die from running into a situation thinking everyone is blind.

And what makes them even more useless is that they're not flashbangs, they're simply flashes. The "bang" is quieter than popcorn in a microwave and doesn't even last for a second. Try playing AA, and you'll get a better feel for the effect of a flashbang. You're blind for ~10 seconds and deaf for ~30.

- ^FuZ!oN^ -

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.hungau.com
I usually get my usp since its not heavy and strafe and pressure him by rushing him. An awper gets nervous when your really close to him. Unless he is a experienced sniper.... it wouldnt work

RiX

Reaction score
Website
thelazyshopper.wwdb.biz
Originally posted by Master_America
I say don't use flashes because they're nearly useless. They only blind a person for about 5 seconds, which can be more than enough time to kill the person. But the problem is they're so unreliable and even then so easy to dodge simply by turning around when you hear one bouncing that using one will more likely cause you to die from running into a situation thinking everyone is blind.

And what makes them even more useless is that they're not flashbangs, they're simply flashes. The "bang" is quieter than popcorn in a microwave and doesn't even last for a second. Try playing AA, and you'll get a better feel for the effect of a flashbang. You're blind for ~10 seconds and deaf for ~30.
see thats where your wrong...when people are awping they dont usually have it unzoomed already you throw a flash in their direction just because its only like 5 seconds you should usually throw 2...flashbangs are the key to winning....and killing people....

so suggest this...if your rushing and you want to slow people down...you WONT use a flash???....come on honestly....think about it...

if you ever play in a match and never use a flashbang your gonna be the biggest idiot noob in the world..ask anyone thats good in cs....you think flashbangs sucks...please go back to quake or unreal...you dont deserve to play cs...just type kill in console ok?

only people who say flashes are useless are noobs

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I don't know about you, but I buy flashbangs literally every round. I buy smoke grenades and HE grenades every round. Defuse kits, too. ANd I use them all when necessary. Flashbangs are anything but useless.

Of course, we're talking about AWP'ers. And as you said, they won't be sitting there with their scopes down. Flashbangs do almost nothing if you have your scope up, and the most the AWP'er will see is a sudden flash on the screen. That's why I said they'd be useless. You won't want to throw a flashbang out of the tunnel on Dust then run out thinking that the AWP'er isn't going to kill you.

DDRaddict

Reaction score
depending on the server u could have 2 flashes. so that could throw them off sometimes.and throwing a smoke always helps

Gorillaz

Member!
Reaction score
A couple of things that may help. I never buy a flashbang but that doesn't make me feel like a noob, i usually get an HE and colt or ak.

1. Ak
AK's are good to take out awpers with because ak's have a great chance at getting a headshot. All you have to do is randomly shoot near the target in three shot bursts and you'll probably hit them, headshots often ruin a snipers shot.

2. Wait
Find a good spot to stay and wait, awpers usually get impatient and try and shoot you through the object you're behind. It takes a little while for them to get the next shot off so run to the next box while they're preparing with thier next shot, if you get there in time, they will usually fire off another shot in haste, so you can pop out and fire a couple shots then get behind the box, they'll probably shoot at the box again, or try and pistol you. Just repeat over and over again.

3. Using the enviroment
Remember what map you're on and where you can go. Hide behind something and look for a way out. For example, making your way towards the water in aztec and jumping in, or towards a tunnel. Another thing that can help would be to tell a teammate the awper's location, so they can shoot at and either distract or kill the awper, making time for you to shoot or make your getaway.

There are a few things i do not reccomend however.

1. Sniping
Sniping an awper (if you don't have an awp) will often prove unaffective. One shot will do you in whereas you usually have to get at least two shots in there, you would be dead.

2. Trying to sneak up from behind
This is not effective because awpers usually have resources such as a good pistol or another player covering their back. Another thing would be that if you take too long to reappear again, they'll get suspicous and take caution.

And last but not least, a few that can either be instant death, or very workable.

1. Rushing
If you have an SMG of any kind you could choose to strafe and shoot at an awper taking cover randomly, sometimes, the awper will hit you right away or get lucky. Other times they are caught unaware and fire shots hastily and randomly.

This is my advice, actually, just a few suggestions, but it's what I could come up with.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Hacking gets you banned from that server theres still plenty others I don't hack but thats how it works

azk12000

Member!
Reaction score
anyone mention this aswell, work as a team? **** doin it on ur own, tell sumone to get their ass over to u and help out

RiX

Reaction score
Website
thelazyshopper.wwdb.biz
Originally posted by Master_America
I don't know about you, but I buy flashbangs literally every round. I buy smoke grenades and HE grenades every round. Defuse kits, too. ANd I use them all when necessary. Flashbangs are anything but useless.

Of course, we're talking about AWP'ers. And as you said, they won't be sitting there with their scopes down. Flashbangs do almost nothing if you have your scope up, and the most the AWP'er will see is a sudden flash on the screen. That's why I said they'd be useless. You won't want to throw a flashbang out of the tunnel on Dust then run out thinking that the AWP'er isn't going to kill you.
sir i dont need to argue...ive done it millions of times...prodicious aka slick has seen me do it before...ive gone head one with awpers with glocks and flashes....ive flashed the hell out of people and they dont know whats going on....so this is where i end my arguement...

24.207.0.203:27015 Redphive.org you will find me there

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
Well my only thing to say about fightingagainst awpers:

From experience i know how awpers play, they shoot, move back to reload, shoot, etc, normally camping in corners where they are least likely to get hit.

Hitting them is hard, but, running up behind one, and stabbing him with a knife is always great fun.

Take your time against an awper, try to shoot through walls if possible, and dont hide behidns omething he can shoot through. If possible, use a pistol, you can run fastest with one.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I'm still pretty sure that flashes don't work too well against zoomed-in AWP'ers... I'm sure you glocked him without trouble, but the flashes probably don't help at all. Then again, I suck with snipers and never use them, so I'm not sure if this is still true. Maybe they made flashbangs just as effective against scopes as they are against players without scopes up.

Gorillaz

Member!
Reaction score
As far as i know, flashes don't work well against scopes unless the flash is right in front of the player.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Flashes are just a waste of time. I'd say you go in immediately and while running sidewards while shooting keep getting closer. I think that's the best alternative against a talented awper.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
I got a question. What's the difference between the O-2 and O-1?

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
You mean in the buyepuip menu? The first is simply kevlar, it lowers damage from all weapons, and greatly lowers damage from lower-impact weapons such as grenades, SMG's, most pistols, and shotguns. The kevlar with the helmet lowers damage from headshots as well as chestshots.