Anti-AWP tactics.

AmoK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well since AWP is all about positioning the thing u gotta do to beat an awper is catch him from a place he didn't expect u would come from. That way he'll miss the 1st shot and u'll have a chance.

SpellBreaker

Reaction score
Website
www.jugz.cjb.net
Number one if you cant kill an awper thats sad because he has one shot every three seconds to your 5-10 in a rifle.. if he is hitting you on the first shot then stop going that way and go a different way. There is really no possible way to stop an awper because CS 1.6 sucks and the game is now random. People have the most random shots and interp kills. So i recomend if you cant kill an awper then dont play the game. There is no strategy to killing an awper its just beiong good at the game and killing him before he kills you.

SpellBreaker

Reaction score
Website
www.jugz.cjb.net
Demon post the IP of your server i will come and awp in your server. Just one thing tho. You cant ban me because you think i hack cuz i dont :)

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I find that the best way to deal with an good AWP sniper is to become proficient with the Scout. A good AWP sniper is most likely going to hit you if you miss him, so either avoid him until he moves or hit him first. Distracting him or causing him to move from his spot are your best bets; if he camps the same spot every time, beat him to that spot and take him out before he can get his scopes up or (if you can't beat him there) avoid that spot and plant the bomb. If you're CT and the sniper has the bomb (let's say at bombsite A on Dust), put a smoke on the double doors to try and distract him while you go through the tunnel. Remember slow movements are less obvious than quick ones and that he won't use his scope until he sees you.

AndrewxChau

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Runexten said:
well, I never go into places where the awpers are...but Master is right...It is pretty hard to hit you with an awp if you keep moving like that, only way they can hit you when your doing that is if they have aim-bot...So, if that still does not work...He is aim-botting more/less
not entirely true... i have awped alot of people using that tactic because when you move at a zig zag the patter would be easily figured out. So an awper would probally put the aimer a little ahead of the guy running and awpd. I have done that many times before where a guy keeps charging with me a pistol and i kill him or hs him, that doesnt mean i aimbot.

AndrewxChau

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Netxenur said:
i use scout if ppl start useing awp.
are you good with scout?

oh for scout as an anti awp tactic you still have a chance to win and chance to lose it depends on the person skill at awping, so getting good at scouting as a way to kill awpers is good! but you might also no win if he was good.

another tactic is get your teams to buy grenades and throught it at him if 5 threw at him and hit him probally he 'd die <_<.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
or have your whole team buy sheilds and go in as in formations :)

AndrewxChau

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how about if it is RESTRICTED o.o . but good tactic all shilds haha next thing you know it he pulls out a deagle fhases you first and then your all blind and you knife your teammates so he grenades you and 1/2 of your teammate dies. A few alive but then he used his deagle and hs. :D funny if that happens.