Anti-AWP tactics.

S7 Europa

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by dem0n
the best gun to use against those awpers is an mp5 or m4, dont use ak because it has alot of recoil. i use an mp5 to dodge the awp bullets by jumpin in random places, and shootin at the awper at the same time, i ahve a demo of me doing that if u want it just ask it and ill make a thread of it... and if u see an awper DONT CROUCH, and move ur ass right and left and keep jumpin...
Yeah, I use to be a crouch wh0re. Sit and tap the mouse. Now it's all about walking around corners, lol. Wish I could play whenever I want. Playing on and off really kills your skill.

intel

Premium Member
Reaction score
ya i used to be a crouch wh0re too, i used to crouch no matter what but i dont do that n e more... it really makes us an easy target, strafin and jumpin will help dodging bullets and get off the enemy's crosshair

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
I also crouch but not when I'm against an awper. I crouch when my enemy is doing an assault. It makes our weapon more accurate.

S7 Europa

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Maverick
I also crouch but not when I'm against an awper. I crouch when my enemy is doing an assault. It makes our weapon more accurate.
So you crouch with an Awp too? Lol. :p

intel

Premium Member
Reaction score
dont crouch much in assault, like if u have an m4, mp5, ak and ur like .5 meter away dont do that... just strafe it will make his aim harder... and ifan awper is on the ct tower strafe and shoot thro a box or somethin...

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
I don't crouch when I use AWP then again I'm not that much of an awper. I'm usually on assault. I use AWP only when I'm bored.

AmoK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
When i'm against an awp guy i get best results when using AUG/SIG because can hit the sniper's head while moving. Try to predict where the guy is going to shoot, and when he is reloading shoot him with everything u got. But if want really god tips go to www.nip.com and read vesslan's tips.

intel

Premium Member
Reaction score
i hate the sig, i hate zoomin withit i just use the aug with no zoom and get a really good accuracy, but it aint my weapon against an awper

AmoK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok guys, not to brag, but i am an experienced awper. your tactics only win by luck or how scared the awper is of being shot.
Ok, I'm not so sure if u can beat an awper. I've played against snipers that were so good that u didn't have time to start shooting. I guesse the only way is to make him miss the first shot a kill him before het gets a second chance. I don't mean that other weapons aren't useful, what I want to say is that it can be frustrating to fight an awper sometimes.

AmoK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So you crouch with an Awp too? Lol.
Crouching with awp is very normal. It can help you lower your sight quicker and it makes it harder to hit you. Any good awper knows that.

S7 Europa

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by AmoK
Crouching with awp is very normal. It can help you lower your sight quicker and it makes it harder to hit you. Any good awper knows that.
Wha? When I play and crouch with an Awp, I'm just more prone to get shot, but maybe 'cause I'm a n00b, lol. Now I stand, stop, fire, strafe ..

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Knife :lucifer

intel

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not so sure if u can beat an awper. I've played against snipers that were so good that u didn't have time to start shooting. I guesse the only way is to make him miss the first shot a kill him before het gets a second chance. I don't mean that other weapons aren't useful, what I want to say is that it can be frustrating to fight an awper sometimes.
You didnt play against snipers taht are so good, u just didnt know what to do, for example if u come from the double doors in aztec from the ts side and a ct with an awp waiting on the other side wouldnt it be stupid to just run thro the double doors to the stones on ur left...if u would have jumped u would have dodged a bullet,,,see its not how good the awper is its how good u r, i seen awpers that dont know how to use a colt, they would just spray and spray but they are really good with the newb stick...

any good awper would know that crouchin is one of the stupidest shit if u were in far away from him, but even when its like 10 m or 5 m crouchin isnt a good idea since if u shoot with an awp u need to reload or hit q then q again (last weapon then back to the awp to avoid reload) u would stil be an easy target for a guy with any smg or rifle or even pistol... a good awper wont crouch in 1 place waiting for the enemy to come (although he may do that in special cases like if is campin near a box and he knows the enemy would come)an awper will mostly jump so he can avoid the bullets and get covered by a wall or somethin like that

S7 Europa

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
a good awper wont crouch in 1 place waiting for the enemy to come (although he may do that in special cases like if is campin near a box and he knows the enemy would come)an awper will mostly jump so he can avoid the bullets and get covered by a wall or somethin like that
Unless there's another Awper .. Jumping + Against Awp = Bad, lol.

intel

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by S7 Europa
Unless there's another Awper .. Jumping + Against Awp = Bad, lol.
so ur sayin i should just walk right and left or stand/crouch against another awper? did u ever try that in awp_map? well come on our server ill put awp map and u try a non-jumpin strat and we will see who will get killed easily :shoot

AmoK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wha? When I play and crouch with an Awp, I'm just more prone to get shot, but maybe 'cause I'm a n00b, lol. Now I stand, stop, fire, strafe .
I don't stay crouched all the time, just crouch for a sec. then i move to another place. Of course that staying at the same place is stupid, what iI wanted to say is that crouching with awp can be useful.

---EDIT---

You didnt play against snipers taht are so good, u just didnt know what to do, for example if u come from the double doors in aztec from the ts side and a ct with an awp waiting on the other side wouldnt it be stupid to just run thro the double doors to the stones on ur left...if u would have jumped u would have dodged a bullet
No man, i'm not kidding. Even if i did that iI wouldn't survive and jumping makes it even easier to hit. When I said good waper I meant some of the best of my country, and my country is big and there are a lot of CS players.
About crouching, I think uyou can't stand all the time, you have to crouch even if it for a split second some times cuz it can help you avoid another sniper's shot or it can help you hit somebody quicker. When at the bridge in de_aztec I always wait crouched, then I take shot and move. Being crouched there makes me less exposed to a quickshot because i'm lower than the guy would expect. And hitting Q twice is not a problem. I crouch sometimes because awp is all about positioning. If you have a good position
it can be nearly imposible to the other guy to dodge your first shot. I also adjust my zoom_sensitivity_ratio, I use it at 1.25 or 1.3 or even 1.4 depending on the mouse.
I think a good idea for fighting awpers is listening to their steps
because I can predict their moves( I use s_eax 1).

DDRaddict

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i crouch when i awp now. i jump and crouch fire and move. then i confuse them by going somewhere new to shoot them and they are caught unaware.

btw don't double post

intel

Premium Member
Reaction score
oh well then bring this GOOD awper on our server, and we will see how good he is

S7 Europa

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so ur sayin i should just walk right and left or stand/crouch against another awper? did u ever try that in awp_map? well come on our server ill put awp map and u try a non-jumpin strat and we will see who will get killed easily :shoot
That's where I learned not to crouch, in awp_map. Like when I see people jump, I keep my aimer on them, and right when they land, I shoot. Same with jumping behind the middle bunker thing, I keep my aimer on them, and shoot through the wall .. Yeah, crouching helps on Skrim. maps, but I rarely use awp now.

I do jump sometimes, but in the air I move, like jump left, then hit right .. fja[pfas or something, blah. Like I said, I'm a n00b so I don't know much and I only play like 1-2 times a week.

AmoK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I can't bring people to play in american servers cuz it lags :) . But believe me there are good awpers out there. You should watch demos with the best. Find them at sogmed.com , it's a good site.

I'M SORRY IF I DOUBLE POSTED, I'M NOT USED TO FORUMS, SO IF I DO ANYTHING WRONG WARN ME PLEASE.